So Columbia Mall DTLR is getting the Limited XX3s...

Had I known it would have been this organized I would have stopped by. Kind of regret not now, but oh well.

smh.gif

Bammas calling Fox News changed thangs up.
eek.gif

"Destination Kicks" I apologize man, but I'm back in Richmond now and I wasn't there.

I'm looking out for you and Lavan. Cell phone in inbox.

Dawg I was pissed about Fox being there. I felt violated and exposed.

I'm sure that having this all over the news added like 25 people to the crowd.

these kicks are wack....and they only sold cuz of the low numbers and unnecessary hype surrounding them....and I'm OUT! lol

notice how when the PR went out for the Rare Air joints in PG Plaza and Iverson that the news crew aint come out to them locations....lol.

they are jie clean tho.

I LOVE these joints. I'm tellin you jo'....these are some hot Jays. I think I gotta EP tee to match too...slightly at least.

Originally Posted by Sironewc

When they started to give out
the tickets we moved to the front got the tickets then moved to the end of the line and changed jackets and hats and got another ticket. Both tickets were
called so we got really lucky.
You sir, are a Smart Mofo. I wonder how many other folks tried this or even thought of it? Can you imagine the odds being better for MANY ofyou had you tried that? Good stuff. If the system is goin to try and bust you in the@$#$+.. you might as well try and bust it back....

Congrats to those who got theirs..

"Destination Kicks" I apologize man, but I'm back in Richmond now and I wasn't there.

Bamma don't even get me started on how much of a bi... sikeeeee. Lol, I called you man, no answer. I know you have like 78 jobs though, so you probably hada meeting.

After seeing more and more pics... These shoes are beautiful.

Those resale prices on ebay are tempting............ even to the most die hard collector who has no intentions of selling.

this was wild.just glad to hear it was organized and no folks were actin a fool. fox 5 though? some intern or someone must have thought that would be coolstory and pr,seems corny to me,but whatever.headin to pedestrian and ubiq tommorow when i get to pa. this shorty that works at ubiq stays gettin goods fromsome secret source.il drop a line if i hear bout anything worth yall checkin out.

columbia was a joke joke joke. now i cant say what they did was not fair. it was fair if you wanted to do a raffle but ,i did not.now all week long they saidit was a first come first serve thing and then the night before they come up with a raffle. now thats wrong . i was prepared to camp out all week just like thepeople at the other stores in ny. ca. and chi. and i was going to do so at columbia.now had i known dtlr was going to do a raffle i would have been in NY.camping out all week with that crowd and would have my limiteds now but ,the people at sorry$$!@ dtlr screwed it up for me.the people that work there are justplain stupid.they tell you something but have no clue as to whats going on.all opf the other stores had a game plan a week ago but not dtlr they did not knowwhat they were doing and the reps are just as stupid they should have had something put together well in advance so people would know what was going to happenthere and if they wanted to be apart of that or go somewhere else .i really wanted this shoe and had no problems with campingout all week long somewhere if ihad the choice which i beleived i did at the time but when you are told something and then that something is changed at the last minute then the choice istaken away .i know from talking to alot of people that was at columbia today that if they had a choice to camp out or do a raffle they would choose to campoutbut it was no choice we had to settle for a raffle because the dtlr people was to stupid to come up with something in advance and then tried to saveface bydoing this at the last minute and say its the only fair way to do it . if you want to be fair give me a choice in advance to do what i want not at the lastminute change and be stuck doing what you want . to me thats no choice

Showed up to Columbia at 6:45 am. Got ticket number 186 from dude. Raffle at 7 am. My number gets called. End of story.........Coulda really cared less if igot these ugly shoes or not. I waited a total 15 minutes in line. Word of advice to all y'all who stood in line for hours.....They're BASKETBALL shoes,nobody cares about 'em but lil virgin sneakerheads and losers in the ghetto. Ain't no grown woman wit class gonna be impressed by some $200 dollarclown Jordans on your feet. On another note: Ebay is where these going.....RESELLER for life...sike nah just till i graduate.....holla.....

300591992.jpg

Originally Posted by zongetsu23

columbia was a joke joke joke. now i cant say what they did was not fair. it was fair if you wanted to do a raffle but ,i did not.now all week long they said it was a first come first serve thing and then the night before they come up with a raffle. now thats wrong . i was prepared to camp out all week just like the people at the other stores in ny. ca. and chi. and i was going to do so at columbia.now had i known dtlr was going to do a raffle i would have been in NY. camping out all week with that crowd and would have my limiteds now but ,the people at sorry$$!@ dtlr screwed it up for me.the people that work there are just plain stupid.they tell you something but have no clue as to whats going on.all opf the other stores had a game plan a week ago but not dtlr they did not know what they were doing and the reps are just as stupid they should have had something put together well in advance so people would know what was going to happen there and if they wanted to be apart of that or go somewhere else .i really wanted this shoe and had no problems with campingout all week long somewhere if i had the choice which i beleived i did at the time but when you are told something and then that something is changed at the last minute then the choice is taken away .i know from talking to alot of people that was at columbia today that if they had a choice to camp out or do a raffle they would choose to campout but it was no choice we had to settle for a raffle because the dtlr people was to stupid to come up with something in advance and then tried to saveface by doing this at the last minute and say its the only fair way to do it . if you want to be fair give me a choice in advance to do what i want not at the last minute change and be stuck doing what you want . to me thats no choice

I disagree with the whole raffle vs campout perspective. Honestly if they were to do the first come first serve that would have made them look bad as acompany on national TV. Mall situations are very hard to do releases becuase there is never a clear way to determine who is first because it is really aboutwho got inside the mall first not who was there camping out first. Malls do not general allow campouts because they are usually legally responsible foranything that could happen to someone waiting in line because the individuals are on mall property. The stores in NY and in other locations are streetaccessible which means its easier to have a release while managing and maintaining a line most of the time. Unfortunately in all situations the rafflesituation is only liked by those who win and hated by those who lose. This release is probably one of the only times a raffle system could be used based on thenumber of people

You truly have to see these in person to appreciate them .... too bad they chose this as the "limited" colorway, cuz to me, this is the best colorwayof ANY sneaker. Just preference ...

47b8df04b3127cceb558d9746a0800000026108IbsWTRoxcY

Now all I need is Rashard Lewis to give me 40 points for my fantasy league, cuz Wades turnovers are killing me.
ohwell.gif
It's a babysittin' night, lol .... some of ya'll can relate,maybe not in plural form though ... soon enough though
tongue.gif

Originally Posted by VA380

You truly have to see these in person to appreciate them .... too bad they chose this as the "limited" colorway, cuz to me, this is the best colorway of ANY sneaker. Just preference ...

I feel that way about the black/white/red ones with the MJ sig on them... Unreal...
VA380 wrote:
It's a babysittin' night, lol ....

Ditto -- Just getting here, ready to sit here and flip channels tonight.
laugh.gif
I'm a bid and win your Xs on the bay if no one bites...

"DK," my bad. I'll give you a ring by 8 pm...

Originally Posted by grs18

this was wild.just glad to hear it was organized and no folks were actin a fool. fox 5 though? some intern or someone must have thought that would be cool story and pr,seems corny to me,but whatever.
If I posted the true hollywood story -- not that anyone would be shocked -- but...
eyes.gif
at these intentional unethical business tactics jo.

I was shooting Lavan the breeze this morning...

I guess I'm all about "hype" being authentic and "true" to a certain extent. But it's all about the mighty dollar I guess...

Kev ... PTI Style ... "What to Watch" .... go to the history channel tonight at 9pm ... premiere called "Shockwave" ... previews lookedCRAZY. Orlando/Detroit gets air time now ... I'm neglecting the kids, I got "The Ant Bully" on in the other room, lol. We need a breaksometimes too.

X's are a much better price than on Ebay, just PM me
wink.gif

Black/White/Red ... All-Star pair? I can't wait to ball in these .... they feel amazing, but I can't bring myself to hoop in these joints ... one timebeing stepped on and the toes are a WRAP. I'll have to wait for a GR pair. These are bringing out way more people than just "shoe heads" ....you got serious Jordan memorabilia collectors trying to obtain these, let alone celebrities.

^
Cool. I will PM.

At the end of the day, I can (for example) respect "VA380" for his reason behind wanting and getting the shoes.

But, as Lavan will tell you, bammas straight watched the news in the "urea", and just went up to Columbia, not even knowing what the shoes were orlooked like. So, instead of maybe 50 folks, 20 "out of towners... You looking at 200+. Which is another reason why Columbia Mall was the location chosen.

Blah.

Not say that "certain" people deserve these shoes more than others, but again, I just can't respect the business tactics used on this release tocreate the scene.

At least with the news around, Levtran was FORCED to do things right... kinda. They didn't call 23 pairs, lol, bammas.

Is the DTLR up there that got them the 1st DTLR that was created? I honestly thought that the DTLR in Norfolk had a very good chance of getting them ... ifthey would have, maybe 6 pairs would of went to the public.

Is the DTLR up there that got them the 1st DTLR that was created?
At Columbia Mall? Not even close. It's only a couple of years old.

I actually like this colorway better than the others, save perhaps the white/red mids that were posted awhile back that may or may not be real, but I'mpast the point in my life where I'm gonna get up early for some sneakers, much less "camp out" for the CHANCE to buy a pair of shoes for $175 orwhatever they are. The embroidery pattern on the upper is far classier on this pair than the tacky argyle pattern - let alone the "MJ" all overpair, and the metallic finish on the carolina blue makes a huge difference. The hype, at this point, is just a turn off. As a marketing strategy, it's ajoke. Do they really think that this will somehow impart momentum to the GRs?

There's no middle ground anymore. Either the shoe is artificially limited to the point where you have to basically forfeit your dignity to get a pair, oryou just laugh at the retail price, wait two months, and snap a pair up casually at 40-50% off. In both cases, it's easier to avoid the shoe than not. Inthe event of the former, it's not worth a day out of my life PLUS the inflated retail price. In the event of the latter, you sleep on it so longyou're perfectly content to continue living without it. When you're passing on 2,000 pairs of shoes per year, maybe 300 of which are"SPECIAL" "LIMITED EDITION" "COLLECTOR"S EDITIONS", it makes every pair you do purchase that much less worthwhile.

Congrats to those that were able to get a pair(or two). Do they run true to size? I may not be able to try these on when the Black/Stealth pair come out inFeb. . Thanks for any info provided.

Back
Top Bottom