So INCEPTION is One of the BEST Movies I have ever seen... Vol. Christopher "The Man" Nolan

I need to see this movie again, or at least I want to see this movie again.

Spoiler [+]
Correct me if I'm wrong but did anyone else notice Mal in the mirror and on the ledge when Dom "woke up" from his first visit with the chemist? Someone earlier also said he spun his totem and it wasn't shown that it stopped spinning, but dropped with Saito coming in the bathroom. So wouldn't that mean everything afterwards, was all a dream? I don't know what happens to the ending, but I want to see it again. Because maybe it was one big inception to get Dom fixed or to forget about Mal? Idk.

Spoiler [+]
Correct me if I'm wrong but did anyone else notice Mal in the mirror and on the ledge when Dom "woke up" from his first visit with the chemist? Someone earlier also said he spun his totem and it wasn't shown that it stopped spinning, but dropped with Saito coming in the bathroom. So wouldn't that mean everything afterwards, was all a dream? I don't know what happens to the ending, but I want to see it again. Because maybe it was one big inception to get Dom fixed or to forget about Mal? Idk.

Originally Posted by omgitswes

Originally Posted by DubA169

i'm with the people who hoped it would be a little more profound. it seemed cluttered at points. Many action scenes were unnecessary.

i wish we learned more about the concept of extraction and I wanted much more character development. Is extraction a talent or skill that you are born with? is it something i can research and then learn how to get better at? I know nothing about juno's character besides the fact that she's good at building mazes. why was her totem a chess piece? How did she become so good at making mazes? I Know nothing about leo's partner or his father.

it's a very good movie but i think people need to calm down with the all time classic talk. it's on the same level as the matrix to me.
well let me give this a shot and you guys tell me what you think. Basically Ellen Page's character Ariadne was a student of Cobb's father. When Cobb asked his dad that he needed one of his students that is just as good as he (Cobb) is. His dad said he had one better.

Now I think the name Ariadne deals with Ariadne's thread named from greek mythology. "Ariadne's thread is the term used to describe the solving of a problem with multiple apparent means of proceeding - such as a physical maze, a logic puzzle, or an ethical dilemma" (looked it up on wikipedia just to be sure" So that's why she was so good at creating the worlds as elaborate mazes. My guess to the reason why she chose a chess piece is because chess in itself is like a puzzle

I would of really liked to know more about Arther, it seemed like he was somewhat of the leader in the beginning to me.

yeah i remember them saying she was his student. But isn't extraction illegal? I'm almost positive that's what the asian business man says after catching leo and his partner in the beginning.

so i was confused on how his father would openly teach an illegal practice... then it thought maybe it's on some x-men style and only certain people have this specific talent and they must be taught  in secret?
yeah it's illegal, Cobb said to his dad that he doesn't make them do anything they decided for themselves. I think Cobb's dad showed him how to do it because he said that he wanted him to learn how to read people, not steal from them. Or something along those lines.

I don't really think only a select few can do it either, because they basically just picked someone great at a specific skill they needed like the chemist and Ariadne. Then just hooked them up to the machine and give them a dry run on how it all works.

Originally Posted by Nothin4ever

Originally Posted by holler mcdollar

Okay the only question I have is that when he was on the phone at first with his kids. Wasn't there an older kid who said that "grandma says you're never coming home" Who was that?
##*.  i just thought about that and you're right.  who the hell was that?
SOUNDED LIKE THE SON TO ME

FIRST WAS HIS DAUGHTER ON THE LINE THEN HE LIL'BOY CAME TO THE LINE

HAD TO BE HIS SON ...DOESNT REALLY MATTER WHO HE IS THO ...DONT OVERTHINK  SIMPLE THINGS

naw man I think it was 3 kids. because his youngest son sounded a lot younger than the other boy who spoke.
If I remember correctly his youngest son asked is "Mom with you" then Cobb said that they had already talked about it and how she's gone. Then he asked when he will come back home, Cobb said soon then some other kid came on the line and said Grandma says you're never coming home
prob was a cousin or nephew 
laugh.gif

i'm with the people who hoped it would be a little more profound. it seemed cluttered at points. Many action scenes were unnecessary.

i wish we learned more about the concept of extraction and I wanted much more character development. Is extraction a talent or skill that you are born with? is it something i can research and then learn how to get better at? I know nothing about juno's character besides the fact that she's good at building mazes. why was her totem a chess piece? How did she become so good at making mazes? I Know nothing about leo's partner or his father.

it's a very good movie but i think people need to calm down with the all time classic talk. it's on the same level as the matrix to me.
well let me give this a shot and you guys tell me what you think. Basically Ellen Page's character Ariadne was a student of Cobb's father. When Cobb asked his dad that he needed one of his students that is just as good as he (Cobb) is. His dad said he had one better.

Now I think the name Ariadne deals with Ariadne's thread named from greek mythology. "Ariadne's thread is the term used to describe the solving of a problem with multiple apparent means of proceeding - such as a physical maze, a logic puzzle, or an ethical dilemma" (looked it up on wikipedia just to be sure" So that's why she was so good at creating the worlds as elaborate mazes. My guess to the reason why she chose a chess piece is because chess in itself is like a puzzle

I would of really liked to know more about Arther, it seemed like he was somewhat of the leader in the beginning to me.

yeah i remember them saying she was his student. But isn't extraction illegal? I'm almost positive that's what the asian business man says after catching leo and his partner in the beginning.

so i was confused on how his father would openly teach an illegal practice... then it thought maybe it's on some x-men style and only certain people have this specific talent and they must be taught  in secret?
yeah it's illegal, Cobb said to his dad that he doesn't make them do anything they decided for themselves. I think Cobb's dad showed him how to do it because he said that he wanted him to learn how to read people, not steal from them. Or something along those lines.

I don't really think only a select few can do it either, because they basically just picked someone great at a specific skill they needed like the chemist and Ariadne. Then just hooked them up to the machine and give them a dry run on how it all works.

Okay the only question I have is that when he was on the phone at first with his kids. Wasn't there an older kid who said that "grandma says you're never coming home" Who was that?

HAD TO BE HIS SON ...DOESNT REALLY MATTER WHO HE IS THO ...DONT OVERTHINK  SIMPLE THINGS

naw man I think it was 3 kids. because his youngest son sounded a lot younger than the other boy who spoke.
If I remember correctly his youngest son asked is "Mom with you" then Cobb said that they had already talked about it and how she's gone. Then he asked when he will come back home, Cobb said soon then some other kid came on the line and said Grandma says you're never coming home
prob was a cousin or nephew 
laugh.gif

I think the older child was like a proof to Leo in the movie that the inception he was caught up in was getting out of hand. The older child had a lot of doubt and resentment in his voice toward his dad and believing in what he claimed to be doing. Leo basically was upholding a lie to continue the dream for him that he wanted to be complete in in the end since it was like his last tow cable on what reality was and the base from which he sprung his imagnination.  The younger children were oblivious to the fact that he really wasn't on a "job" but on the run and that there mom was dead. I think the older child was kinda like the voice of reason stepping into the dialog. 

I think the older child was like a proof to Leo in the movie that the inception he was caught up in was getting out of hand. The older child had a lot of doubt and resentment in his voice toward his dad and believing in what he claimed to be doing. Leo basically was upholding a lie to continue the dream for him that he wanted to be complete in in the end since it was like his last tow cable on what reality was and the base from which he sprung his imagnination.  The younger children were oblivious to the fact that he really wasn't on a "job" but on the run and that there mom was dead. I think the older child was kinda like the voice of reason stepping into the dialog. 

First...anyone who needs to tell people they're intelligent are in fact, not. Calling Nolan pretentious? Sounds like you're just mad that you're too fickle to follow a movie.

Everyone wants everything spoon fed to them...the best thing about this movie and all great movies and works of art is the ability to introduce discussion. When you look at a painting, everyone sees something different...this movie leaves you wanting to see something different. It's just not whether if he's in a dream or if he's in reality...the movie offered so many other things...there was an awesome love plot between cobb and mal, an equally beautiful relationship building between Gordon and Page. The masterpiece hallway fight.

The movie was great. if you disagree then you're simply a moron. If you can't appreciate a work of art then go watch a spoof.

FYI, watched it twice and it gets better every viewing.

First...anyone who needs to tell people they're intelligent are in fact, not. Calling Nolan pretentious? Sounds like you're just mad that you're too fickle to follow a movie.

Everyone wants everything spoon fed to them...the best thing about this movie and all great movies and works of art is the ability to introduce discussion. When you look at a painting, everyone sees something different...this movie leaves you wanting to see something different. It's just not whether if he's in a dream or if he's in reality...the movie offered so many other things...there was an awesome love plot between cobb and mal, an equally beautiful relationship building between Gordon and Page. The masterpiece hallway fight.

The movie was great. if you disagree then you're simply a moron. If you can't appreciate a work of art then go watch a spoof.

FYI, watched it twice and it gets better every viewing.

Originally Posted by Streetballer23

Spoiler [+]
To your spoiler:

That has me thinking.
eek.gif

Maybe, from that moment on it was an inception to fix Dom's guilt about his wife's death so that when he wakes up, he'll be fine and more effective when it's time to do an inception on Fischer. Maybe Ariadne told the other characters just how messed up Dom is inside and the rest of the movie was their way of fixing him before they went on the actual mission that Saito has for them.

Originally Posted by Streetballer23

Spoiler [+]
To your spoiler:

That has me thinking.
eek.gif

Maybe, from that moment on it was an inception to fix Dom's guilt about his wife's death so that when he wakes up, he'll be fine and more effective when it's time to do an inception on Fischer. Maybe Ariadne told the other characters just how messed up Dom is inside and the rest of the movie was their way of fixing him before they went on the actual mission that Saito has for them.

Originally Posted by Crazy EBW

Originally Posted by al3x89

Originally Posted by Ouch my feet
and as for me, why can't i have an opinion? to me, it's one of the worst movies i've watched.

Because your opinion is WRONG. You didn't understand it, it wasn't a bad movie. Maybe you should of seen Grown Ups instead. Might of been one of the better movies you've seen.

seriously? you think that because you understood this movie you can have a a "holier than thou" attitude as if you just finished a thesis on string theory, and feel the need to shut down anyone who didn't like the movie? #$%% seriously
and for the record, I thought this movie was amazing but there's no need to chastise those who didn't like it. there is such a thing as movie preference you know

and as for me, why can't i have an opinion? to me, it's one of the worst movies i've watched.

Because your opinion is WRONG. You didn't understand it, it wasn't a bad movie. Maybe you should of seen Grown Ups instead. Might of been one of the better movies you've seen.

seriously? you think that because you understood this movie you can have a a "holier than thou" attitude as if you just finished a thesis on string theory, and feel the need to shut down anyone who didn't like the movie? #$%% seriously
and for the record, I thought this movie was amazing but there's no need to chastise those who didn't like it. there is such a thing as movie preference you know

Originally Posted by UnbornSeed

Once you look past the arcane "talk" and dramatic imagery, the film is complicated for the sake of being complicated.

This is a "concept" film with nothing "new" to offer; most of us got the point from the first 20mins of the film

I won't say the film is shallow, but it's definitely not very good.

Originally Posted by UnbornSeed

Once you look past the arcane "talk" and dramatic imagery, the film is complicated for the sake of being complicated.

This is a "concept" film with nothing "new" to offer; most of us got the point from the first 20mins of the film

I won't say the film is shallow, but it's definitely not very good.

Originally Posted by Crook

"Understand"?
As in you followed the plot? Congratulations.

Otherwise, there is no "understanding".

No one cares.

Originally Posted by Crook

"Understand"?
As in you followed the plot? Congratulations.

Otherwise, there is no "understanding".

No one cares.

I fairly undertsood the movie
BUT I DIDNT UNDERSTAND CLEARLY UNDERSTAND WHY THEY PLAYED THE MUSIC WHILE THEY WERE UNDER

I fairly undertsood the movie
BUT I DIDNT UNDERSTAND CLEARLY UNDERSTAND WHY THEY PLAYED THE MUSIC WHILE THEY WERE UNDER

the movie is
pimp.gif

It probably deserves a more substantial review than that but i cannot be bothered
laugh.gif

the movie is
pimp.gif

It probably deserves a more substantial review than that but i cannot be bothered
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom