So INCEPTION is One of the BEST Movies I have ever seen... Vol. Christopher "The Man" Nolan

Originally Posted by AI for MVP

I fairly undertsood the movie
BUT I DIDNT UNDERSTAND CLEARLY UNDERSTAND WHY THEY PLAYED THE MUSIC WHILE THEY WERE UNDER

So they could time the 'kicks' or let the people know when they were about to wake up.

Originally Posted by AI for MVP

I fairly undertsood the movie
BUT I DIDNT UNDERSTAND CLEARLY UNDERSTAND WHY THEY PLAYED THE MUSIC WHILE THEY WERE UNDER

So they could time the 'kicks' or let the people know when they were about to wake up.

[h5]IMDB User Rating: 9.4/10 Top 250: #3[/h5][h5]
[/h5]
eek.gif

Wonder if this is gonna keep up.

Originally Posted by Crank Lucas

Originally Posted by jbone2308

If you don't get it then exit the thread.

Best movie IMO since the Dark Knight.

there was a small movie called shutter island, you should check on it
I seen it player and I put it 4th behind Book of Eli simply because of the biblical principles for me personally.

I gotta give Leo props thats 2 out of 4 of the best films I seen in a while.

Originally Posted by Crank Lucas

Originally Posted by jbone2308

If you don't get it then exit the thread.

Best movie IMO since the Dark Knight.

there was a small movie called shutter island, you should check on it
I seen it player and I put it 4th behind Book of Eli simply because of the biblical principles for me personally.

I gotta give Leo props thats 2 out of 4 of the best films I seen in a while.

Originally Posted by TurboMan

Originally Posted by Mr Anleu

Any time you get out of limbo it's because of a sudden change in sleeping position (ex. getting pushed off a chair) or death. The first limbo that Cobb and Mal woke up from was because they imagined a train running over them, and causing them to wake up.

Fischer was "killed" by the fall and that caused him to wake up.

The reason why Saito looked aged compared to Cobb was because Saito was in limbo longer than Cobb was. Remember that in limbo, the mind is supposed to dream "faster". If you remember again, 5 minutes in reality was 1 hour in dreaming, and the next 5 minutes was 1 week, and so on. So since it took a little time for Cobb to get back to Saito, decades past for Saito while waiting for Cobb to get to him. The time waiting in really just a few minutes caused decades worth of regret in his mind, until Cobb found him and told him their contract.

They (Cobb & Saito) got out of limbo because they were killed. I'm presuming that Saito, if I remember correctly, shot Cobb with the gun he had and shot himself, bringing themselves out of limbo.

A lot of things still are confusing at this point, so I'm really hoping to see it again sometime soon. Hopefully the DVD comes out pretty quickly.
oh ok i understand how Cobb and Mal woke up now, but i still don't understand how he gave her the idea that the real world was fake?
Also if all you got to do to get out of limbo is kill yourself then why was everyone afraid to go there in the first place? All the way have had to have done is kill themselves and they would have been kicked all the way back to the real world right? Perhaps limbo distorts reality so much that you don't realize you're in it.

p.s. i think that anyone that calls another person a moron for not liking this movie is a moron. you can't sit here and force people to like something whether you think it was good or not. i see it as someone calling someone else stupid because they can't appreciate a piece of artwork such a painting that is nothing but splatter paint. in other words at the end up the day it is all subjective and while i though the movie was good i do agree that they tried a little to hard to make it epic..

Any time you get out of limbo it's because of a sudden change in sleeping position (ex. getting pushed off a chair) or death. The first limbo that Cobb and Mal woke up from was because they imagined a train running over them, and causing them to wake up.

The reason why Saito looked aged compared to Cobb was because Saito was in limbo longer than Cobb was. Remember that in limbo, the mind is supposed to dream "faster". If you remember again, 5 minutes in reality was 1 hour in dreaming, and the next 5 minutes was 1 week, and so on. So since it took a little time for Cobb to get back to Saito, decades past for Saito while waiting for Cobb to get to him. The time waiting in really just a few minutes caused decades worth of regret in his mind, until Cobb found him and told him their contract.

They (Cobb & Saito) got out of limbo because they were killed. I'm presuming that Saito, if I remember correctly, shot Cobb with the gun he had and shot himself, bringing themselves out of limbo.

A lot of things still are confusing at this point, so I'm really hoping to see it again sometime soon. Hopefully the DVD comes out pretty quickly.
oh ok i understand how Cobb and Mal woke up now, but i still don't understand how he gave her the idea that the real world was fake?
Also if all you got to do to get out of limbo is kill yourself then why was everyone afraid to go there in the first place? All the way have had to have done is kill themselves and they would have been kicked all the way back to the real world right? Perhaps limbo distorts reality so much that you don't realize you're in it.

p.s. i think that anyone that calls another person a moron for not liking this movie is a moron. you can't sit here and force people to like something whether you think it was good or not. i see it as someone calling someone else stupid because they can't appreciate a piece of artwork such a painting that is nothing but splatter paint. in other words at the end up the day it is all subjective and while i though the movie was good i do agree that they tried a little to hard to make it epic..

hold up ... some of yall really dont know what this movie was about?
laugh.gif
what is so complicated? aside from the convolution, what could possibly be so hard to understand? the dude couldnt deal with the fact his wife died and he was the one responsible for it ... the entire movies is him trying to forgive himself/let go ... he finally does and can "look his kids in their faces again" .............................................................. if anyone wants to ask questions ill answer them ... 

hold up ... some of yall really dont know what this movie was about?
laugh.gif
what is so complicated? aside from the convolution, what could possibly be so hard to understand? the dude couldnt deal with the fact his wife died and he was the one responsible for it ... the entire movies is him trying to forgive himself/let go ... he finally does and can "look his kids in their faces again" .............................................................. if anyone wants to ask questions ill answer them ... 

Originally Posted by 703FlipFiend

Originally Posted by Streetballer23

I need to see this movie again, or at least I want to see this movie again.

Spoiler [+]
Correct me if I'm wrong but did anyone else notice Mal in the mirror and on the ledge when Dom "woke up" from his first visit with the chemist? Someone earlier also said he spun his totem and it wasn't shown that it stopped spinning, but dropped with Saito coming in the bathroom. So wouldn't that mean everything afterwards, was all a dream? I don't know what happens to the ending, but I want to see it again. Because maybe it was one big inception to get Dom fixed or to forget about Mal? Idk.
To your spoiler:

That has me thinking.
eek.gif

Maybe, from that moment on it was an inception to fix Dom's guilt about his wife's death so that when he wakes up, he'll be fine and more effective when it's time to do an inception on Fischer. Maybe Ariadne told the other characters just how messed up Dom is inside and the rest of the movie was their way of fixing him before they went on the actual mission that Saito has for them.
eek.gif

Thats just what Nolan does.  He wants you to discuss the films he makes long after viewing them.  He leaves possibilities just look at all his best movies:

Begins
Dark Knight
Prestige
Momento
Inception

Originally Posted by 703FlipFiend

Originally Posted by Streetballer23

I need to see this movie again, or at least I want to see this movie again.

Spoiler [+]
Correct me if I'm wrong but did anyone else notice Mal in the mirror and on the ledge when Dom "woke up" from his first visit with the chemist? Someone earlier also said he spun his totem and it wasn't shown that it stopped spinning, but dropped with Saito coming in the bathroom. So wouldn't that mean everything afterwards, was all a dream? I don't know what happens to the ending, but I want to see it again. Because maybe it was one big inception to get Dom fixed or to forget about Mal? Idk.
To your spoiler:

That has me thinking.
eek.gif

Maybe, from that moment on it was an inception to fix Dom's guilt about his wife's death so that when he wakes up, he'll be fine and more effective when it's time to do an inception on Fischer. Maybe Ariadne told the other characters just how messed up Dom is inside and the rest of the movie was their way of fixing him before they went on the actual mission that Saito has for them.
eek.gif

Thats just what Nolan does.  He wants you to discuss the films he makes long after viewing them.  He leaves possibilities just look at all his best movies:

Begins
Dark Knight
Prestige
Momento
Inception

Dont know if this was asked already or not but,

Why werent they floating/getting tossed around in the third stage, whenever in the second stage, everything was getting tossed around/floating, whenever in the first stage, the car was swerving and tumbling down the hill.

Dont know if this was asked already or not but,

Why werent they floating/getting tossed around in the third stage, whenever in the second stage, everything was getting tossed around/floating, whenever in the first stage, the car was swerving and tumbling down the hill.

but i still don't understand how he gave her the idea that the real world was fake?
he blatantly tells you how he gave her the idea in the movie .....................................

limbo is different than what they were all doing throughout the movie ... limbo is what saito was in at the beginning/end of the movie ... you cant just kill yourself and get back out of limbo unless you are rescued/realize why you are there through interaction ... remember when ellen page told fisher on the beach after they floated up from the van that everything was ok because cobb was behind getting saito?

but i still don't understand how he gave her the idea that the real world was fake?
he blatantly tells you how he gave her the idea in the movie .....................................

limbo is different than what they were all doing throughout the movie ... limbo is what saito was in at the beginning/end of the movie ... you cant just kill yourself and get back out of limbo unless you are rescued/realize why you are there through interaction ... remember when ellen page told fisher on the beach after they floated up from the van that everything was ok because cobb was behind getting saito?

Did it seem to anyone else that Arthur was the real leader of the team since Cobb was unstable?

Did it seem to anyone else that Arthur was the real leader of the team since Cobb was unstable?

TurboMan lied to you. To get out of any dream, all you have to do is die or have someone wake you up. That's why everyone was pissed when the chemist told them, he made a special mix to get that many dreams in a dream. So if they die, they go into the deepest dream, limbo. His special sedatives leave your inner ear function, which controls balance and will wake you up from the sensation of heavy falling. 
Mal and Cobb were in a normal dream, so all they had to do was die. My thinking is, it wasn't all that normal. They were experimenting with dreams and managed to get to make limbo in a normal dream. It's why they were only asleep for maybe hours instead of years when they spent those decades in the dream.

Fischer and Ariadne jumped off the porch and woke up in the snow fortress from the sensation of falling, then the falling fortress, then the elevator, then the van in the water.

Saito didn't die the way Cobb did.

I think of the levels as:

Level 1 the street/van in the water = minutes

Level 2 the hotel/elevator = hours

Level 3 snow fortress/explosion = days

Limbo Cobb's dream/basement = years

Cobb went into his own dream through a machine the first time to get into limbo. So he was completely aware of why he was there and what he needed to do: get Fischer. Saito on the other hand, got shot in the first level. He was almost dead when they jumped to the hotel, but that bought them more time. When he finally died of the gunshot, it was before the van hit the water. 

Cobb died when he drowned in the van and went brain dead which would take minutes. So he got pulled out of the snow fortress where he was using the dream machine and got dropped into limbo on the beach. He wasn't as aware of what was going on, because he didn't use a dream machine to get there, but Saito was there decades before him, because he died minutes before Cobb in the first level. 

My theory is, if they got out by dying, it was because The Chemist turned off the sedatives and that let them out of limbo. I don't think they would've needed to jump through the levels, because the levels would've stopped existing, when the dreamer who dreamt them left. The chemist made the first level, the point man made the hotel and either the forger or the mark made the ice fortress (don't remember). They all made it out of the dream, so all that was left was Cobb's dream. And if the sedative was off, all they needed to do was remember that world wasn't real and to let go of it (die).

I think. 
laugh.gif

TurboMan lied to you. To get out of any dream, all you have to do is die or have someone wake you up. That's why everyone was pissed when the chemist told them, he made a special mix to get that many dreams in a dream. So if they die, they go into the deepest dream, limbo. His special sedatives leave your inner ear function, which controls balance and will wake you up from the sensation of heavy falling. 
Mal and Cobb were in a normal dream, so all they had to do was die. My thinking is, it wasn't all that normal. They were experimenting with dreams and managed to get to make limbo in a normal dream. It's why they were only asleep for maybe hours instead of years when they spent those decades in the dream.

Fischer and Ariadne jumped off the porch and woke up in the snow fortress from the sensation of falling, then the falling fortress, then the elevator, then the van in the water.

Saito didn't die the way Cobb did.

I think of the levels as:

Level 1 the street/van in the water = minutes

Level 2 the hotel/elevator = hours

Level 3 snow fortress/explosion = days

Limbo Cobb's dream/basement = years

Cobb went into his own dream through a machine the first time to get into limbo. So he was completely aware of why he was there and what he needed to do: get Fischer. Saito on the other hand, got shot in the first level. He was almost dead when they jumped to the hotel, but that bought them more time. When he finally died of the gunshot, it was before the van hit the water. 

Cobb died when he drowned in the van and went brain dead which would take minutes. So he got pulled out of the snow fortress where he was using the dream machine and got dropped into limbo on the beach. He wasn't as aware of what was going on, because he didn't use a dream machine to get there, but Saito was there decades before him, because he died minutes before Cobb in the first level. 

My theory is, if they got out by dying, it was because The Chemist turned off the sedatives and that let them out of limbo. I don't think they would've needed to jump through the levels, because the levels would've stopped existing, when the dreamer who dreamt them left. The chemist made the first level, the point man made the hotel and either the forger or the mark made the ice fortress (don't remember). They all made it out of the dream, so all that was left was Cobb's dream. And if the sedative was off, all they needed to do was remember that world wasn't real and to let go of it (die).

I think. 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by an dee 51o

- Along the same lines, there were no characters that I felt a connection to at all. The wife could have been such a good character had she been developed better.
The wife was just a memory, you wasn't payin' attention son

Originally Posted by an dee 51o

- Along the same lines, there were no characters that I felt a connection to at all. The wife could have been such a good character had she been developed better.
The wife was just a memory, you wasn't payin' attention son

Originally Posted by CruThik3

Not really, but Arthur was THAT dude.

Originally Posted by CruThik3

Not really, but Arthur was THAT dude.

Back
Top Bottom