So Supreme decided to release a Japanese benefit shirt

Are we going to continue pretending the rising sun flag isn't offensive to millions of people ?

Are we going to continue pretending the rising sun flag isn't offensive to millions of people ?

Originally Posted by Budweiser

How is that offensive? It may be offensive to others, but it has important symbology in Japanese culture in a positive way.

How is that offensive? It may be offensive to others, but it has important symbology in Japanese culture in a positive way.

As a DJ who is donating time & services to help in the efforts for Japan,  I don't see anything wrong with what Supreme is doing with the pricing of this shirt. The proceeds are obviously going to a good cause. So if you can't afford the $100 price tag, then there is no need to be salty and !!%% on the idea...

As a DJ who is donating time & services to help in the efforts for Japan,  I don't see anything wrong with what Supreme is doing with the pricing of this shirt. The proceeds are obviously going to a good cause. So if you can't afford the $100 price tag, then there is no need to be salty and !!%% on the idea...

Im kinda with Method Man here. It's like people buying TOMS, do they really do it cuz one pair of much less quality shoes will be sent to Africa? Or just cuz they're a trend. You could buy a Supreme tee, or pay half that price and probably still actually be donating more money to Japan

Im kinda with Method Man here. It's like people buying TOMS, do they really do it cuz one pair of much less quality shoes will be sent to Africa? Or just cuz they're a trend. You could buy a Supreme tee, or pay half that price and probably still actually be donating more money to Japan

I wasn't gonna say anything, but I personally would NEVER wear anything with that flag on it. I am Korean and that flag carries the connotation of Japanese imperialism and oppression. Kind of like the Confederate flag.

I wasn't gonna say anything, but I personally would NEVER wear anything with that flag on it. I am Korean and that flag carries the connotation of Japanese imperialism and oppression. Kind of like the Confederate flag.

I'm not going to debate the altruism for this type of a donation, just wanted to post Hydro74's shirt for the relief:
SALVARMY_armyforjapan.jpg

I'm not going to debate the altruism for this type of a donation, just wanted to post Hydro74's shirt for the relief:
SALVARMY_armyforjapan.jpg

Originally Posted by reddmann s2

So if you can't afford the $100 price tag, then there is no need to be salty and !!%% on the idea...
always some special characters on the other side of the argument.

Originally Posted by reddmann s2

So if you can't afford the $100 price tag, then there is no need to be salty and !!%% on the idea...
always some special characters on the other side of the argument.

Originally Posted by bruce negro

The nazi flag and confederate flag are also important symbols in various cultures.

The nazi flag and confederate flag are also important symbols in various cultures.

Its the military flag of Japan and to China and Korea, who endured countless atrocities during WW2 by the Japanese, it represents imperialism and military aggression.

Its the military flag of Japan and to China and Korea, who endured countless atrocities during WW2 by the Japanese, it represents imperialism and military aggression.

Originally Posted by 10 Piece Nuggets

This shirt by KLP caught my eye too. Cant find the guys fit on KL anymore but heres the girls fit (same design).
risingsunw-blkzoom1.jpg

That Crooks tee is nice. 
pimp.gif
yoooo
I gotta wife this
eek.gif

Originally Posted by 10 Piece Nuggets

This shirt by KLP caught my eye too. Cant find the guys fit on KL anymore but heres the girls fit (same design).
risingsunw-blkzoom1.jpg

That Crooks tee is nice. 
pimp.gif
yoooo
I gotta wife this
eek.gif

Back
Top Bottom