So Supreme decided to release a Japanese benefit shirt

Originally Posted by bigsupa

i HATE supreme...

and here's why..

i went to their lil store they call a "boutique" which adds extra $$ to any item sold already cuz its a "boutique" not a store...i was buying a pair of SB's for my lil brother who wanted a pair... now the box still had the retail price of $68 on it. so im at the register with $70..they ring them up for $105...im like doesn't it say $68 on the box? THE SUMMAMABISH said while he rips the price tag off the box in front of me"OH THAT'S THE SUGGESTED RETAIL PRICE...WHAT THEY SUGGEST WE SHOULD SELL IT FOR...BUT WE WANNA CHARGE $105 CUZ WE FELL LIKE IT! i gave him the
indifferent.gif
and walked away saying well i suggested not to buy these...

call me cheap...call me what ever but if i aint messin with them...EVER..
You sound like you've never shopped retail before. The keyword in "suggested retail price" is "suggested". They can charge whatever they want.

Originally Posted by mondaynightraw

i HATE supreme...

and here's why..

i went to their lil store they call a "boutique" which adds extra $$ to any item sold already cuz its a "boutique" not a store...i was buying a pair of SB's for my lil brother who wanted a pair... now the box still had the retail price of $68 on it. so im at the register with $70..they ring them up for $105...im like doesn't it say $68 on the box? THE SUMMAMABISH said while he rips the price tag off the box in front of me"OH THAT'S THE SUGGESTED RETAIL PRICE...WHAT THEY SUGGEST WE SHOULD SELL IT FOR...BUT WE WANNA CHARGE $105 CUZ WE FELL LIKE IT! i gave him the
indifferent.gif

laugh.gif

I can't even go in that store since one of my dudes smacked one of their employees.

lol more info on this ^

Originally Posted by mondaynightraw

i HATE supreme...

and here's why..

indifferent.gif

laugh.gif

I can't even go in that store since one of my dudes smacked one of their employees.

lol more info on this ^

i HATE supreme...

and here's why..

indifferent.gif

You sound like you've never shopped retail before. The keyword in "suggested retail price" is "suggested". They can charge whatever they want.

Originally Posted by Boys Noize

i HATE supreme...

and here's why..

indifferent.gif

it's the attitude of the employee which is what would've rubbed me off in the wrong way.  him ripping that price tag off while saying  "OH THAT'S THE SUGGESTED RETAIL PRICE...WHAT THEY SUGGEST WE SHOULD SELL IT FOR...BUT WE WANNA CHARGE $105 CUZ WE FELL LIKE IT" it's how he explained it which is coming across as being a straight +++#%.  they can charge whatever they want for the shoes, no ones denying that  but if that's the case they should've done their job and took the suggested retail price stickers off of every single box. in california if i were to go to a store and a pair of shoes was marked at $50,  say they were on sale and the employees forgot to change the price back to $80 or whatever,  if they refused to honor the $50 price, i could report them to the better business buerau,  same if they were to try and charge higher then what the suggested retail price would say.

however you look at it though, the way that employee handled that situation was like how a +++#% would handle it.

i HATE supreme...

and here's why..

indifferent.gif

it's the attitude of the employee which is what would've rubbed me off in the wrong way.  him ripping that price tag off while saying  "OH THAT'S THE SUGGESTED RETAIL PRICE...WHAT THEY SUGGEST WE SHOULD SELL IT FOR...BUT WE WANNA CHARGE $105 CUZ WE FELL LIKE IT" it's how he explained it which is coming across as being a straight +++#%.  they can charge whatever they want for the shoes, no ones denying that  but if that's the case they should've done their job and took the suggested retail price stickers off of every single box. in california if i were to go to a store and a pair of shoes was marked at $50,  say they were on sale and the employees forgot to change the price back to $80 or whatever,  if they refused to honor the $50 price, i could report them to the better business buerau,  same if they were to try and charge higher then what the suggested retail price would say.

however you look at it though, the way that employee handled that situation was like how a +++#% would handle it.

Originally Posted by I Live In Texas

Originally Posted by DiPlOmAt TDOt

laugh.gif
It's really $100 though?
All of Supreme's shirt prices range from $32 up to $54. Nothing is a hundred dollars. 
laugh.gif
what? A lot is over $100

Here's breakdown of prices for supreme for those that aren't familiar:

Regular tees: $32
Collab tees: $38
Camp caps: $38 (some are $44)
Snapbacks: $38
Fitteds: $48
Cut & Sew tees: $68
Buttonups/Flannels: $118
Heavyweight Flannels: $138
Box logo hoodies: $138
Pants: $110

^those are the usual prices. Some might be higher/lower depending on item.
And to the guy that was complaining about the dude ripping off the retail sticker, cmon son. They're in Soho, it's not cheap getting a place like that and you act like there's no other stores that charge above the suggested retail price on the box

Originally Posted by I Live In Texas

Originally Posted by DiPlOmAt TDOt

laugh.gif
It's really $100 though?
All of Supreme's shirt prices range from $32 up to $54. Nothing is a hundred dollars. 
laugh.gif
what? A lot is over $100

Here's breakdown of prices for supreme for those that aren't familiar:

Regular tees: $32
Collab tees: $38
Camp caps: $38 (some are $44)
Snapbacks: $38
Fitteds: $48
Cut & Sew tees: $68
Buttonups/Flannels: $118
Heavyweight Flannels: $138
Box logo hoodies: $138
Pants: $110

^those are the usual prices. Some might be higher/lower depending on item.
And to the guy that was complaining about the dude ripping off the retail sticker, cmon son. They're in Soho, it's not cheap getting a place like that and you act like there's no other stores that charge above the suggested retail price on the box

Originally Posted by sreggie101

Originally Posted by CincoSeisDos

Originally Posted by Nash

Not even close.
wyclef-jean-play-cloths-haiti-tshirt.jpg

Don't know how many brands put %%$% out for Haiti, but I copped two of these.

#Eghck
smokin.gif

eek.gif
i need this in my life!!!
i was going to order one of these tees with all the proceeds going to Wyclef's charity, but stopped once news broke that Wyclef was using the money from his charity to pay off some lady he had an affair with. This is the downside to these things, you dont know where the money is going.

Originally Posted by sreggie101

Originally Posted by CincoSeisDos

Originally Posted by Nash

Not even close.
wyclef-jean-play-cloths-haiti-tshirt.jpg

Don't know how many brands put %%$% out for Haiti, but I copped two of these.

#Eghck
smokin.gif

eek.gif
i need this in my life!!!
i was going to order one of these tees with all the proceeds going to Wyclef's charity, but stopped once news broke that Wyclef was using the money from his charity to pay off some lady he had an affair with. This is the downside to these things, you dont know where the money is going.

Originally Posted by treewing

Originally Posted by Method Man

So much sodium in this thread. It's a charity tee by Supreme and all the proceeds go to Japan. This is like the one time I'd figure people wouldn't hate on Supreme. Talking about you might as well just donate the money straight up (why don't you just think of it as donating the money straight up and getting a free tee out of it?)
If the retail cost of the shirt is $36 plus shipping, the net result isn't $36 plus shipping for the charity.  The shirt isn't "free."  You're still paying for it.
Direct donations are the only way to ensure that a full 100% of your money will reach the charity.  If you do one of donations by txt message, you're not actually giving $10 to charity.  You're giving up a significant "processing fee."

That's why our donation drive involves the NKETLK Japan badge instead of a tangible good.  We volunteer our time to implement the badges.  Nothing is skimmed off the top to pay for the "incentive," and, in this case, no additional incentive should be required to catalyze contributions.  By now, we've all at least caught a glimpse of the devastation the earthquake and tsunami have wrought.  

If your argument is that the only people who would purchase these shirts would be too selfish to give directly, that's fine.  You can call it a "net gain" if you want - but I think we should acknowledge it's NOT as efficient as a direct donation.  Anyone who really wants to help should be encouraged to contribute via your preferred charity's website instead.  

Don't buy a shirt to look like you care.  Act like you care instead. 
That should be on a shirt.
I would give that person the "
grin.gif
" face
laugh.gif
...I'd find it a little contradicting, but who knows if he's genuine...
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by treewing

So much sodium in this thread. It's a charity tee by Supreme and all the proceeds go to Japan. This is like the one time I'd figure people wouldn't hate on Supreme. Talking about you might as well just donate the money straight up (why don't you just think of it as donating the money straight up and getting a free tee out of it?)
If the retail cost of the shirt is $36 plus shipping, the net result isn't $36 plus shipping for the charity.  The shirt isn't "free."  You're still paying for it.
Direct donations are the only way to ensure that a full 100% of your money will reach the charity.  If you do one of donations by txt message, you're not actually giving $10 to charity.  You're giving up a significant "processing fee."

That's why our donation drive involves the NKETLK Japan badge instead of a tangible good.  We volunteer our time to implement the badges.  Nothing is skimmed off the top to pay for the "incentive," and, in this case, no additional incentive should be required to catalyze contributions.  By now, we've all at least caught a glimpse of the devastation the earthquake and tsunami have wrought.  

If your argument is that the only people who would purchase these shirts would be too selfish to give directly, that's fine.  You can call it a "net gain" if you want - but I think we should acknowledge it's NOT as efficient as a direct donation.  Anyone who really wants to help should be encouraged to contribute via your preferred charity's website instead.  

Don't buy a shirt to look like you care.  Act like you care instead. 
That should be on a shirt.
I would give that person the "
grin.gif
" face
laugh.gif
...I'd find it a little contradicting, but who knows if he's genuine...
ohwell.gif

Meth what if the people wanted to donate and wanted something from supreme .So they killed two birds with one stone.I mean u do the same thing here with those Niketalk Caps which u donated money to charity from the cap funds.Why didnt u just say hey donate directly and cut out the middlemen.Your argument is flawed.

Meth what if the people wanted to donate and wanted something from supreme .So they killed two birds with one stone.I mean u do the same thing here with those Niketalk Caps which u donated money to charity from the cap funds.Why didnt u just say hey donate directly and cut out the middlemen.Your argument is flawed.

Originally Posted by ThorrocksJs

this actually defeats Meth's argument
Supreme Ts are going to sell out anyway, at least it's going to a good cause.

Originally Posted by ThorrocksJs

this actually defeats Meth's argument
Supreme Ts are going to sell out anyway, at least it's going to a good cause.

You're just rationalizing your decision to buy a t-shirt from Supreme that says "Japan" on it instead of donating directly to charity.   It isn't "killing two birds with one stone;" you're paying for a t-shirt and you're donating "something" to charity - though none of you can tell me precisely what.  
Our caps don't say "Japan" on them.  It's more like having Supreme donate money from EVERY product to charity.  

People who wanted to buy a NikeTalk cap wanted to buy a NikeTalk cap.  They didn't do it to donate to Japan relief.  That's precisely why we did NOT sell t-shirts/caps with the NKETLK Japan graphic on them, despite the requests.  We offered a badge so 100% of the proceeds would go to charity.  The apparel offerings we created were intended to capitalize on the demand for NikeTalk apparel products.  We've always encouraged direct donations INSTEAD of the purchase of our products, so there's no conflict.  

Disaster relief sells itself.  If I were to create a topic encouraging people to donate to Children's Defense Fund in January, I wouldn't expect to raise more money than we could generate from selling fitted caps and giving the proceeds to that same organization.  When the disaster in Japan is all over the news, people want to help and we try to facilitate that in the most efficient way possible.  To make it even more appealing, we offered an incentive - but it was an incentive that allowed us to maximize your contributions.  There's NO fundraising expenses associated with what we've done in response to disasters.  The apparel offerings are part of a broader social business effort, like the site itself and our use of its ad revenue.  So, we do practice what we preach. 

Your argument is only valid for those who don't give a damn about Japan and just want a Supreme shirt.  If that were the case, however, what added value with the Japan references have?   

These are people who want to do something to help, but, out of selfishness, make the compromise that they'd rather buy a t-shirt for themselves and give "something" to charity than to give directly to charity and getting "nothing" in return.  Anyone who's splitting the difference and getting the shirt as a "bonus" can't even tell me what portion of their purchase is going to the cause and what's paying for fashion.  

In that case, Supreme is giving you an easy way out.  You get to buy yourself a present and congratulate yourself for doing so.  You keep saying "something's better than nothing," as though that's really the choice.  Everyone's talking about these selfish people who don't care about Japan in the abstract, and yet nobody's claiming this to describe themselves.  So, if you do care about Japan... why don't you care about the efficiency of your donation?  You're twisting yourself up in knots to justify this, knowing it's not the best use of your money if you want to help Japan. 

It's your money, but if you're going to be selfish you could at least be honest with yourself.  Don't blame me for pointing out the obvious. 

You're just rationalizing your decision to buy a t-shirt from Supreme that says "Japan" on it instead of donating directly to charity.   It isn't "killing two birds with one stone;" you're paying for a t-shirt and you're donating "something" to charity - though none of you can tell me precisely what.  
Our caps don't say "Japan" on them.  It's more like having Supreme donate money from EVERY product to charity.  

People who wanted to buy a NikeTalk cap wanted to buy a NikeTalk cap.  They didn't do it to donate to Japan relief.  That's precisely why we did NOT sell t-shirts/caps with the NKETLK Japan graphic on them, despite the requests.  We offered a badge so 100% of the proceeds would go to charity.  The apparel offerings we created were intended to capitalize on the demand for NikeTalk apparel products.  We've always encouraged direct donations INSTEAD of the purchase of our products, so there's no conflict.  

Disaster relief sells itself.  If I were to create a topic encouraging people to donate to Children's Defense Fund in January, I wouldn't expect to raise more money than we could generate from selling fitted caps and giving the proceeds to that same organization.  When the disaster in Japan is all over the news, people want to help and we try to facilitate that in the most efficient way possible.  To make it even more appealing, we offered an incentive - but it was an incentive that allowed us to maximize your contributions.  There's NO fundraising expenses associated with what we've done in response to disasters.  The apparel offerings are part of a broader social business effort, like the site itself and our use of its ad revenue.  So, we do practice what we preach. 

Your argument is only valid for those who don't give a damn about Japan and just want a Supreme shirt.  If that were the case, however, what added value with the Japan references have?   

These are people who want to do something to help, but, out of selfishness, make the compromise that they'd rather buy a t-shirt for themselves and give "something" to charity than to give directly to charity and getting "nothing" in return.  Anyone who's splitting the difference and getting the shirt as a "bonus" can't even tell me what portion of their purchase is going to the cause and what's paying for fashion.  

In that case, Supreme is giving you an easy way out.  You get to buy yourself a present and congratulate yourself for doing so.  You keep saying "something's better than nothing," as though that's really the choice.  Everyone's talking about these selfish people who don't care about Japan in the abstract, and yet nobody's claiming this to describe themselves.  So, if you do care about Japan... why don't you care about the efficiency of your donation?  You're twisting yourself up in knots to justify this, knowing it's not the best use of your money if you want to help Japan. 

It's your money, but if you're going to be selfish you could at least be honest with yourself.  Don't blame me for pointing out the obvious. 

Originally Posted by BigPUNoy

Don't have a problem with the price if the majority goes to charity. Now what I would have a problem with is if the tee is limited. Sure being limited pushes the tee but if more people are willing to buy it then you're (Supreme) basically saying we only want to raise a certain amount of money and that's it. Sure no one wants to get stuck with overstock and it's hard to match supply exaxtly with demand but keeping it limited is only helping resellers.

Quote for the dam truth. Resellers should be dam ashamed to try to resell this shirt. And that's the point I'm trying to make I have no problem with any brand making one but to call it limited is ridiculous

Originally Posted by BigPUNoy

Don't have a problem with the price if the majority goes to charity. Now what I would have a problem with is if the tee is limited. Sure being limited pushes the tee but if more people are willing to buy it then you're (Supreme) basically saying we only want to raise a certain amount of money and that's it. Sure no one wants to get stuck with overstock and it's hard to match supply exaxtly with demand but keeping it limited is only helping resellers.

Quote for the dam truth. Resellers should be dam ashamed to try to resell this shirt. And that's the point I'm trying to make I have no problem with any brand making one but to call it limited is ridiculous

The incentive for donating to the child defense fund is getting a niketalk cap and the incentive for donating to  japan is a cool badge.I mean we had folks round here who donated to get a cool badge you can peep the thread folks said how do I get the cool badge and u and others said donate.The incentive for donating to japan through supreme gets you a tee.I do care about japan and if I can get something cool out of it while donating there is nothing wrong with that really I'm not being selfish .I mean you offered the same thing you "gave away" the badge . For instance take a livestrong bracelet/wristband you are donating money and in turn getting a bracelet.

Back
Top Bottom