Somebody make a Gif. Serena Williams Crip Walk

They're both equal in the looks department, if forced to choose ONE it would be confusing.

She can do her, but you knew this was going to cause an uproar due to the obvious gang affiliation.

You can be controversial but don't act surprised when people respond to controversy.

This broad did a gang member's dance, and you morons are really trying to say she's being criticized for it because she's black?

With her longevity, her influence on younger people who look up to her, and age, you would think she'd know how to carry herself in the public eye, but it's apparent that's not the case.

It was a classless move.
the point is, if Kobe or Lebron wanted to wear a grill on the podium it would be a non stop media storm of how their being disrespectful etc. But lochte does it and its only a smaller story for a few hours
People like to criticize everythign Serena does. If you dont know that, well you dont watch alot of tennis. Was her dancing the right thing to do? Idk, btu who cares. let her do her and not worry about it. If I won a gold medal, Im doing whatever I want to do right after it.

Uh.. Kobe or LeBron didn't do that, though. And if they did do it, obviously their popularity would let the situation garner more attention compared to Lotche, who isn't seen as a household name like Kobe or LeBron.

Wearing grills and acknowledging rappers on Twitter are equivalent to someone possibly claiming affiliation with a ****ing GANG?!

Are some of you serious?!

u serious? brent barry wasn't even doing nothing. he was just shuffling his damnb feet.
serena would take b.b. all day all night.

tumblr_m88y7rzARB1qjipi2o1_r1_500.gif

thread about nothing next time, k

best loop. but look like an actual ghost stuttering. lolz

Im hood so that $#!+ was fly to me, she was killing it...but i could see why a lot of people would see that and be rubbed the wrong way.

And yeah her mid section is not a good look, but thats really not uncommon for a woman her size...im not talkin video chicks either, usually thick girls like that have some cottage cheese.

I've seen white females of the most suburban backgrounds who probably couldn't point out Serena in a crowd of black females/kid's of the same background black and white do the dance BEFORE this "incident" so Im not sure why people are saying she has kids looking up to her like this is going to change the mind frame of whoever see's it and influence them that gang's/claiming possible affiliation is okay. It's well known Phelps smokes trees, is that a good influence? If i'm not mistaken he shouted out Wayne (who claims gang affiliation) in an interview in these Olympic games.

You got athletic commercials with NBA/NFL players bigger than Serena in terms of popularity with hip hop tracks in the back ground/arenas playing instrumentals/songs of artists who have "possible" gang affiliation/acquaintance but still no "uproar". I don't see anything wrong with what Phelps/Lochte/Serena did, people like to blow stuff out of proportion.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

5 August 2012

Last updated at 14:01 GMT

[h1]Serena & Venus Williams win third Olympics tennis doubles gold[/h1]

Venus and Serena Williams made Olympic history as they became the first pair to win the women's doubles three times.

Continue reading the main story
“We're definitely planning on Rio. We're going out with a bang in Rio. Hopefully we will make it four, you never know.”
Venus Williams

Despite being short of their best form, they beat Andrea Hlavackova and Lucie Hradecka of the Czech Republic 6-4 6-4.

Serena, who won her fifth Wimbledon singles crown last month, adds doubles gold to her singles title.

The sisters first won the doubles at Sydney in 2000, then again in Beijing in 2008 after missing Athens because of an injury to Serena.

Venus believes they can go on to record a fourth victory at the Rio Games in 2016.

"It's incredible," she said. "Coming off Serena's victory, I think most of all we are happy to add to our country's medal count and be a part of it.

"We're definitely planning on Rio. We're going out with a bang in Rio. Hopefully we will make it four, you never know."

Serena, 30, becomes only the third female tennis player to win a pair of gold medals at the same Olympics, emulating Venus, 32, in 2000 and compatriot Helen Wills Moody in 1924.

The Czechs got off to a sluggish start when Hradecka's first service game was broken. The American duo, who withstood a break point as Venus served for the set, held on to take the opener.

[h2]Analysis:[/h2]
BBC Sport's Sam Smith: "They were wonderful scenes on Centre Court where the sisters have had so much success in the Wimbledon championships and now they have done the same in the Olympics. They have made history and who would bet against them doing it again in Rio in four years' time?"

The fourth-seeded Czechs made a more resilient start to the second set but Hlavackova was broken and the Williams sisters moved 3-2 ahead, never seemingly in any danger of letting their advantage slip.

"I would say this is more special than Wimbledon," said Venus. "I'm amazed she won the singles and our main goal was to win the doubles, so we got both and it's amazing."

Serena said that the doubles title was always her priority at the Olympics.

"It was so exciting to win the singles, but, like I said at the beginning of the tournament, my goal was to get gold in doubles here," she said.

"There's something about standing next to Venus and holding that gold medal. Three times we have played, three times we have got the gold medal. So we are pretty stoked about it."

Meanwhile Russian pair Maria Kirilenko and Nadia Petrova won the women's doubles bronze medal by beating top seeds Liezel Huber and Lisa Raymond of the United States 4-6 6-4 6-1.

Last edited:
**** yall, if I win a gold medal then I'm doing whatever the **** I want to do.

She doesn't owe anybody a damn thing. "oh what about the children?" yea, **** them. Get up in arms about this, get upset. I hope it makes you feel better.

At the end of the day the critics can say whatever they want to say but it doesn't matter because she won a gold medal. Lol

Wow, now instrumentals of hip-hop artists, with possible gang affiliations in sports commercials is just as bad as the actual act of one of the most prominent athletes on the planet performing the crip walk on a huge stage. Oh my. :lol:

This broad did a gang member's dance, and you morons are really trying to say she's being criticized for it because she's black?
With her longevity, her influence on younger people who look up to her, and age, you would think she'd know how to carry herself in the public eye, but it's apparent that's not the case.
It was a classless move.
Uh.. Kobe or LeBron didn't do that, though. And if they did do it, obviously their popularity would let the situation garner more attention compared to Lotche, who isn't seen as a household name like Kobe or LeBron.
Wearing grills and acknowledging rappers on Twitter are equivalent to someone possibly claiming affiliation with a ****ing GANG?!
Are some of you serious?!
:lol: at user name to post ratio, which is a blatant overreaction. Where did she claim any gang affiliation? Youtube search Crip Walk, guarantee you 99.5% of the videos are not people in gangs. Most people I know don't even know of the whole gang affiliation thing with doing it over a dead body or whatever.

Wow, now instrumentals of hip-hop artists, with possible gang affiliations in sports commercials is just as bad as the actual act of one of the most prominent athletes on the planet performing the crip walk on a huge stage. Oh my. :lol:
So the most decorated athlete in Olympic history shouting out a rapper that claims blood is acceptable though? So James Harden calling Wayne "slime" on Twitter is acceptable though? Paul Pierce throwing up blood on national television is acceptable John Wall throwing up BK is acceptable oh my. Those are all DIRECT relations to gangs just like the crip walk, don't call one person if you're not calling everybody on it no matter the notoriety/stage.

Yall are so dramatic
laugh.gif

I once had a mormon missionary come to me and my moms place and one of the 1st questions he asked me was do I know how to "Crip walk"? I was 11
eyes.gif

laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom