Sooooo Does Anyone Feel Bad for LeBron???

No he hasn't committed any crime against humanity, but the attention he has brought upon himself and the constant media coverage (whether fair or not) comes with a certain responsibility that major public figures have to carry- and he has crumbled under such pressure. To many he's the manifestation of many negative aspects associated with the modern day athletes- rich, spoiled, self-absorbed, false sense of entitlement, and the list goes on. While he certainly hasn't made it easier on himself with his actions and words, at the end of the day he's a human being and the hate has gotten to the point that the public doesn't allow him to be one. 
Regarding the comments post-game yesterday, I certainly don't like what he said, but at the same time I don't think he meant to take shots at middle-class Americans as much as trying to say "people have their problems in their own lives, I shouldn't be their concern." You can tell he still just wants to be liked and accepted and has no idea why the weight of the hate has come crushing down on him. Even with all his money, fame and his attempt to play it off to the public last night like he's doing fine mentally, Lebron probably feels the most empty of all of us. I used to hate him as a basketball player, but I don't anymore. I don't even feel bad for him, I just feel Sorry for him.

No he hasn't committed any crime against humanity, but the attention he has brought upon himself and the constant media coverage (whether fair or not) comes with a certain responsibility that major public figures have to carry- and he has crumbled under such pressure. To many he's the manifestation of many negative aspects associated with the modern day athletes- rich, spoiled, self-absorbed, false sense of entitlement, and the list goes on. While he certainly hasn't made it easier on himself with his actions and words, at the end of the day he's a human being and the hate has gotten to the point that the public doesn't allow him to be one. 
Regarding the comments post-game yesterday, I certainly don't like what he said, but at the same time I don't think he meant to take shots at middle-class Americans as much as trying to say "people have their problems in their own lives, I shouldn't be their concern." You can tell he still just wants to be liked and accepted and has no idea why the weight of the hate has come crushing down on him. Even with all his money, fame and his attempt to play it off to the public last night like he's doing fine mentally, Lebron probably feels the most empty of all of us. I used to hate him as a basketball player, but I don't anymore. I don't even feel bad for him, I just feel Sorry for him.

I believe LeBron to be your stereotypical dumb jock with an entitlement complex; an egotistical, closed-minded prick who has no notion of selflessness or humility.

BUT I just think we take it for granted what a strange life he's lived. Somebody mentioned Michael Jackson earlier, and while that may seem like a strange comparison, we are essentially talking about a child star in LeBron. Aren't extraordinarily famous people who become famous at an early age always a little weird, a little maladjusted, have a few pieces missing?

Then imagine his home life growing up. What opportunities would he have had if not for basketball? It's been a bizarre journey for him, and while he's blessed, no doubt, it's just...he has flaws. He may not be built mentally like we want him to be. He may have thought being the King, and the Chosen 1 that rings would simply appear on his fingers. How could they not? Hadn't he been blessed with everything? He's a stunning athletic specimen with questionable psychology.

He's human.

And rich as a %+$*$#%@*$%%.

So I don't feel too bad for him...

I believe LeBron to be your stereotypical dumb jock with an entitlement complex; an egotistical, closed-minded prick who has no notion of selflessness or humility.

BUT I just think we take it for granted what a strange life he's lived. Somebody mentioned Michael Jackson earlier, and while that may seem like a strange comparison, we are essentially talking about a child star in LeBron. Aren't extraordinarily famous people who become famous at an early age always a little weird, a little maladjusted, have a few pieces missing?

Then imagine his home life growing up. What opportunities would he have had if not for basketball? It's been a bizarre journey for him, and while he's blessed, no doubt, it's just...he has flaws. He may not be built mentally like we want him to be. He may have thought being the King, and the Chosen 1 that rings would simply appear on his fingers. How could they not? Hadn't he been blessed with everything? He's a stunning athletic specimen with questionable psychology.

He's human.

And rich as a %+$*$#%@*$%%.

So I don't feel too bad for him...

Originally Posted by SneakerHeathen

How is the hate unwarranted? For years he swore he'd never leave Cleveland, he'd deliver a championship, that we are all witnesses and that he is the "chosen one". He's always had a tremendous ego ever since he was a child, he never sat down and ever said to himself "I have a long way to go" or "I have some pretty big shoes to fill". It was always "King James" from the guy, he's always handled himself like a prima donna.

The hate is unwarranted? Really? Kobe gets almost as much flak and he actually DELIVERS.....

Jordan got a ton of hate in his heyday and he ALWAYS delivered.

We can even look at athletes in other sports that have ego problems but yet still come through for their team when they're needed most Alex Rodriguez and Ben Roethlisberger immediately come to mind for me as both have delivered tremendously in post-season play in the past.

Lebron is hated not because people hate on his ability, we all know he is truly a great player. People hate Lebron because of his character, people don't take kindly to athletes making bold statements (I'll deliver a ring to Cleveland, I'll deliver 7 rings to Miami) and not making good on them. It just makes an athlete look like more of a diva when they themselves are anointing themselves as the "great one" and then bailing when things get rough.

Jordan didn't win his first ring until he was 28, (though I'm surehe thought about leaving Chicago) he never did. Had Jordan left I honestly think he would have enjoyed HALF the success he did in Chicago. I honestly believe LeBron would have won a ring at the same time with Cleveland that he will with Miami, he did this to himself. I think he left before his glory years in Cleveland, they were on to something they just needed a couple more pieces.
Well said, agreed completely.

Originally Posted by SneakerHeathen

How is the hate unwarranted? For years he swore he'd never leave Cleveland, he'd deliver a championship, that we are all witnesses and that he is the "chosen one". He's always had a tremendous ego ever since he was a child, he never sat down and ever said to himself "I have a long way to go" or "I have some pretty big shoes to fill". It was always "King James" from the guy, he's always handled himself like a prima donna.

The hate is unwarranted? Really? Kobe gets almost as much flak and he actually DELIVERS.....

Jordan got a ton of hate in his heyday and he ALWAYS delivered.

We can even look at athletes in other sports that have ego problems but yet still come through for their team when they're needed most Alex Rodriguez and Ben Roethlisberger immediately come to mind for me as both have delivered tremendously in post-season play in the past.

Lebron is hated not because people hate on his ability, we all know he is truly a great player. People hate Lebron because of his character, people don't take kindly to athletes making bold statements (I'll deliver a ring to Cleveland, I'll deliver 7 rings to Miami) and not making good on them. It just makes an athlete look like more of a diva when they themselves are anointing themselves as the "great one" and then bailing when things get rough.

Jordan didn't win his first ring until he was 28, (though I'm surehe thought about leaving Chicago) he never did. Had Jordan left I honestly think he would have enjoyed HALF the success he did in Chicago. I honestly believe LeBron would have won a ring at the same time with Cleveland that he will with Miami, he did this to himself. I think he left before his glory years in Cleveland, they were on to something they just needed a couple more pieces.
Well said, agreed completely.

http://****yeahlebronsucks.tumblr.com/photo/1280/6483000185/1/tumblr_lmpz6gUoW91qam8dd

roll.gif
roll.gif

Passed along by a friend of mine in NBA circles: LeBron caved from the never-ending scrutiny (as brutal as any athlete has ever faced in the Internet era) and his shaky inner circle, which consists of one parent (his mother, who battled a ton of problems over the years), his high school friends (who assumed an inordinately crucial role in his life without any real experience), his agents (who never threw their bodies in front of "The Decision"), and Miami's management (who walked him into another fiasco with the Heat's Welcome Party). By all accounts, he's a genuinely nice and happy guy who just wants to be liked — he was never meant to be a villain, and as much as he tried to feed off the heat (no pun intended), once it piled up past a certain point, he broke. Maybe he felt that happening against the 2010 Celtics as well; maybe that's why he chose to play with Wade in the first place.

And maybe that's why, right now, he's in total denial. Even in the postgame presser, when he should have been devastated the same way Magic Johnson was distraught after coming up small in the 1984 Finals, LeBron was doing the Frank Drebin�"Nothing to see here, please disperse" routine, bristling at the notion that he choked and taking shots at anyone who rooted against him. That's what you do when you're surrounded by enablers — you blame everyone else, and you never look within. He never understood that people only rooted against him because�that's what you do when someone boasts before they've ever actually done anything.

Let's say you're in college and one of your buddies says, "See that girl over there? I'm taking her home tonight. And I'm doing this because I'm the funniest and best-looking guy in this room." And let's say he's COMPLETELY serious. Guess what you're doing if it doesn't happen? You're making fun of him. Relentlessly. Really, that's what 50 percent of the Miami-related vitriol was about; the other 50 percent was because LeBron tried to stack the deck by playing with his biggest rival (we didn't respect it), and because he broke Cleveland's hearts on national TV (we didn't like it). To this day, LeBron hasn't shown any real regret about last summer; that's the main reason everyone rooted against him. He couldn't handle it. He caved. And now we're here.

Passed along by a friend of mine in NBA circles: LeBron caved from the never-ending scrutiny (as brutal as any athlete has ever faced in the Internet era) and his shaky inner circle, which consists of one parent (his mother, who battled a ton of problems over the years), his high school friends (who assumed an inordinately crucial role in his life without any real experience), his agents (who never threw their bodies in front of "The Decision"), and Miami's management (who walked him into another fiasco with the Heat's Welcome Party). By all accounts, he's a genuinely nice and happy guy who just wants to be liked — he was never meant to be a villain, and as much as he tried to feed off the heat (no pun intended), once it piled up past a certain point, he broke. Maybe he felt that happening against the 2010 Celtics as well; maybe that's why he chose to play with Wade in the first place.

And maybe that's why, right now, he's in total denial. Even in the postgame presser, when he should have been devastated the same way Magic Johnson was distraught after coming up small in the 1984 Finals, LeBron was doing the Frank Drebin�"Nothing to see here, please disperse" routine, bristling at the notion that he choked and taking shots at anyone who rooted against him. That's what you do when you're surrounded by enablers — you blame everyone else, and you never look within. He never understood that people only rooted against him because�that's what you do when someone boasts before they've ever actually done anything.

Let's say you're in college and one of your buddies says, "See that girl over there? I'm taking her home tonight. And I'm doing this because I'm the funniest and best-looking guy in this room." And let's say he's COMPLETELY serious. Guess what you're doing if it doesn't happen? You're making fun of him. Relentlessly. Really, that's what 50 percent of the Miami-related vitriol was about; the other 50 percent was because LeBron tried to stack the deck by playing with his biggest rival (we didn't respect it), and because he broke Cleveland's hearts on national TV (we didn't like it). To this day, LeBron hasn't shown any real regret about last summer; that's the main reason everyone rooted against him. He couldn't handle it. He caved. And now we're here.

What's done is done. Do I feel bad for him? No, I feel bad for the people who root against him. Why label him as the villain? He's a tremendous talent, enjoy it while you can. Who knows when another talent like his will come around. I was only around for the latter years of MJ's career and I wish I could have witnessed his career just like I am with Bron's. I'll hold my judgement on Bron when his career is over, but as of now he has a lot of ground to make up. If he wins one next year in decisive fashion then I'll cut him some slack. He failed to deliver when his team needed him most, he hasn't backed his word. It makes me wonder what ever happened to the Lebron that showed up to Detroit that one postseason, or even the Lebron that dominated in the Boston and Chicago series? I was waiting and waiting for Lebron to take over, and it never happened. I feel bad for fans of his, defending this dude to no end, it's his turn to defend his fans, and DELIVER.

What's done is done. Do I feel bad for him? No, I feel bad for the people who root against him. Why label him as the villain? He's a tremendous talent, enjoy it while you can. Who knows when another talent like his will come around. I was only around for the latter years of MJ's career and I wish I could have witnessed his career just like I am with Bron's. I'll hold my judgement on Bron when his career is over, but as of now he has a lot of ground to make up. If he wins one next year in decisive fashion then I'll cut him some slack. He failed to deliver when his team needed him most, he hasn't backed his word. It makes me wonder what ever happened to the Lebron that showed up to Detroit that one postseason, or even the Lebron that dominated in the Boston and Chicago series? I was waiting and waiting for Lebron to take over, and it never happened. I feel bad for fans of his, defending this dude to no end, it's his turn to defend his fans, and DELIVER.

I feel bad for myself as a fan! Like Bill Simmons has said.. he's got the potential to waste all this God-given talent.. as much talent as anyone has ever been given!!! Now, go lock yourself in a gym and learn some f'n moves Bron!

I feel bad for myself as a fan! Like Bill Simmons has said.. he's got the potential to waste all this God-given talent.. as much talent as anyone has ever been given!!! Now, go lock yourself in a gym and learn some f'n moves Bron!

Originally Posted by FrenchBlue23

Originally Posted by jmb1523

I really dont care about the decision, the celebrations, and what he says. Its means nothing at all to me.

If only the rest of America and NT would feel that same, we would be at a better place. 
laugh.gif

I can't wait until this dies out, and we can talk about something else. 
Yeah. I'ved heard enough already about Lebron and his antics. Why can people just leave him alone. 
I don't think people will stop all this blabber even if he wins a ring and prove his critics wrong anyway. So why cry over spilled milk?

Originally Posted by FrenchBlue23

Originally Posted by jmb1523

I really dont care about the decision, the celebrations, and what he says. Its means nothing at all to me.

If only the rest of America and NT would feel that same, we would be at a better place. 
laugh.gif

I can't wait until this dies out, and we can talk about something else. 
Yeah. I'ved heard enough already about Lebron and his antics. Why can people just leave him alone. 
I don't think people will stop all this blabber even if he wins a ring and prove his critics wrong anyway. So why cry over spilled milk?

Originally Posted by swyftdahoe

Me too. I felt he deserted us. I kinda lost a bit of belief in him. I know he can do better than what he showcased in the finals.

Originally Posted by swyftdahoe

Me too. I felt he deserted us. I kinda lost a bit of belief in him. I know he can do better than what he showcased in the finals.

Originally Posted by snakeyes17

Originally Posted by snakeyes17

I feel bad that he feels the need to always be on the offensive. I personally think he could have handled the question better. I'm sure there are tons of Miami Heat fans who went back to their regular lives today, feeling let down by a guy who promised them gold and instead they got copper.

To me, the amount of money he makes IS important, because to play a game, that many of us at this point in our lives play strictly for fun, for literally a king's ransom, and to put off the front that you care so little is insulting. I personally don't know how much work LeBron James puts in to improving. None of us do. None of us know whether or not he shoots in his private gym late at night or if he watches film. What I do know, however, is that he doesn't make any attempt to convince us otherwise. He's too busy reminding us that none of it matters, that it's just a game, that he will continue to be able live however he pleases and we will have to "return to the real world at some point".

Also, I notice that he deflects blame from himself more often than not, even going so far as to insinuate that he will win a championship when God deems it right.

I feel bad that he feels the need to always be on the offensive. I personally think he could have handled the question better. I'm sure there are tons of Miami Heat fans who went back to their regular lives today, feeling let down by a guy who promised them gold and instead they got copper.

To me, the amount of money he makes IS important, because to play a game, that many of us at this point in our lives play strictly for fun, for literally a king's ransom, and to put off the front that you care so little is insulting. I personally don't know how much work LeBron James puts in to improving. None of us do. None of us know whether or not he shoots in his private gym late at night or if he watches film. What I do know, however, is that he doesn't make any attempt to convince us otherwise. He's too busy reminding us that none of it matters, that it's just a game, that he will continue to be able live however he pleases and we will have to "return to the real world at some point".

Also, I notice that he deflects blame from himself more often than not, even going so far as to insinuate that he will win a championship when God deems it right.

Anybody peep how at the press conference it was all "I" and not "we".  He was talking about how he won 2 more games than he did in 07'.  Lebron might be 6'8 260lbs but his ego is even bigger. 

Anybody peep how at the press conference it was all "I" and not "we".  He was talking about how he won 2 more games than he did in 07'.  Lebron might be 6'8 260lbs but his ego is even bigger. 

A quick thought and then I really have to finish writing this speech....

Anyone other than me think that Lebron has taken a step back as far as his overall play? I mean I honestly think that he and Wade are not overwhelmingly affective as a duo and that they compliment one another poorly. Had Miami landed Bosh and decided to keep Beasley I think they would have been better off waiting till next offseason courting Dwight, CP3 and maybe (if he's in play) Deron Williams. Really Dwight would have made the most sense (Bosh's style of play could theoretically benefit from a Dwight type of post player) in complimenting the overall Miami team and they could have kept Beasley (they would have still had the cap to get Dwight) because of his bird rights which they own. They could have a team that consisted of Wade, Bosh, Beasley and Dwight.

Are they that much better with Lebron? IMHO, no, in fact the contrary. They don't need two guys to take big shots down the stretch they need only one, with the rest of the team being facilitators who help factor in more possessions (or even handling the possessions they do get more efficiently).

Likewise, I think Lebron would have been more effective with a Deron or CP3 in Cleveland (I know, I know but I honestly believe Cleveland would have landed one of the two next offseason) why? Notice how Lebrons perimeter and mid-range game improved once Mo Williams showed up in Cleveland? Now imagine someone other than Lebron being a facilitator on his team, now imagine that someone being Deron Williams or Chris Paul.

I think Lebron and Miami would have thrived better without one another, I think they have complicated things down in Miami. Great team, but they would have been just fine (even better) without Lebron, and he would have been just fine without them (even better). Like I said before, Cleveland was so close, just needed a couple pieces.

Back
Top Bottom