Sooooo Does Anyone Feel Bad for LeBron???

A quick thought and then I really have to finish writing this speech....

Anyone other than me think that Lebron has taken a step back as far as his overall play? I mean I honestly think that he and Wade are not overwhelmingly affective as a duo and that they compliment one another poorly. Had Miami landed Bosh and decided to keep Beasley I think they would have been better off waiting till next offseason courting Dwight, CP3 and maybe (if he's in play) Deron Williams. Really Dwight would have made the most sense (Bosh's style of play could theoretically benefit from a Dwight type of post player) in complimenting the overall Miami team and they could have kept Beasley (they would have still had the cap to get Dwight) because of his bird rights which they own. They could have a team that consisted of Wade, Bosh, Beasley and Dwight.

Are they that much better with Lebron? IMHO, no, in fact the contrary. They don't need two guys to take big shots down the stretch they need only one, with the rest of the team being facilitators who help factor in more possessions (or even handling the possessions they do get more efficiently).

Likewise, I think Lebron would have been more effective with a Deron or CP3 in Cleveland (I know, I know but I honestly believe Cleveland would have landed one of the two next offseason) why? Notice how Lebrons perimeter and mid-range game improved once Mo Williams showed up in Cleveland? Now imagine someone other than Lebron being a facilitator on his team, now imagine that someone being Deron Williams or Chris Paul.

I think Lebron and Miami would have thrived better without one another, I think they have complicated things down in Miami. Great team, but they would have been just fine (even better) without Lebron, and he would have been just fine without them (even better). Like I said before, Cleveland was so close, just needed a couple pieces.

Originally Posted by snakeyes17

Passed along by a friend of mine in NBA circles: LeBron caved from the never-ending scrutiny (as brutal as any athlete has ever faced in the Internet era) and his shaky inner circle, which consists of one parent (his mother, who battled a ton of problems over the years), his high school friends (who assumed an inordinately crucial role in his life without any real experience), his agents (who never threw their bodies in front of "The Decision"), and Miami's management (who walked him into another fiasco with the Heat's Welcome Party). By all accounts, he's a genuinely nice and happy guy who just wants to be liked — he was never meant to be a villain, and as much as he tried to feed off the heat (no pun intended), once it piled up past a certain point, he broke. Maybe he felt that happening against the 2010 Celtics as well; maybe that's why he chose to play with Wade in the first place.

And maybe that's why, right now, he's in total denial. Even in the postgame presser, when he should have been devastated the same way Magic Johnson was distraught after coming up small in the 1984 Finals, LeBron was doing the Frank Drebin�"Nothing to see here, please disperse" routine, bristling at the notion that he choked and taking shots at anyone who rooted against him. That's what you do when you're surrounded by enablers — you blame everyone else, and you never look within. He never understood that people only rooted against him because�that's what you do when someone boasts before they've ever actually done anything.

Let's say you're in college and one of your buddies says, "See that girl over there? I'm taking her home tonight. And I'm doing this because I'm the funniest and best-looking guy in this room." And let's say he's COMPLETELY serious. Guess what you're doing if it doesn't happen? You're making fun of him. Relentlessly. Really, that's what 50 percent of the Miami-related vitriol was about; the other 50 percent was because LeBron tried to stack the deck by playing with his biggest rival (we didn't respect it), and because he broke Cleveland's hearts on national TV (we didn't like it). To this day, LeBron hasn't shown any real regret about last summer; that's the main reason everyone rooted against him. He couldn't handle it. He caved. And now we're here.

Good read. All this dude has to do is MAN up and own his talent.

Jordan didn't win his first ring until he was 28, (though I'm surehe thought about leaving Chicago) he never did. Had Jordan left I honestly think he would have enjoyed HALF the success he did in Chicago. I honestly believe LeBron would have won a ring at the same time with Cleveland that he will with Miami, he did this to himself. I think he left before his glory years in Cleveland, they were on to something they just needed a couple more pieces.

Soooooooo true. This dude will be 27 this year. This past season, next season or after the Cavs would have had to put the right pieces together. He'd be 28 or 29. He might be that anyway considering how these teams decide to stack up for the Heat. So him thinking he made it easier was dead wrong. He actually made winning a chip that much harder. They have to get through a revamped Knicks squad, a retooled Celtics, a more mature Bulls squad, a Magic team that's looking to make moves and the rest of the East. The West is in a topic of it's own.
What's done is done. Do I feel bad for him? No, I feel bad for the people who root against him. Why label him as the villain? He's a tremendous talent, enjoy it while you can. Who knows when another talent like his will come around.
AND? This tremendous talent is what so many of us are pissed at him about. He had the chance to raise a city/franchise/fan base from ruins and reign like a King. Imagine if he had won 1 title for Cleveland. That 1 would have to equal 2-3 for any other city. You think Miami is really going to cherish that like Cleveland/Akron would have?

This dude gave up being a King with his own empire to become a knight for D-Wade. That is why I partially don't like him as a basketball player anymore. I feel so cheated. Not as an Ohioan but as a fan of sports. I feel he copped out. I and so many others wanted him to surpass the legacy Jordan built. If us normal fans feel that way, I wonder how NBA greats feel.

He seems like a pretty cool guy though. I don't take what he said to heart even though he shouldn't have said it. 

Take notes Bron... With great power, comes great responsibility.

Originally Posted by snakeyes17

Passed along by a friend of mine in NBA circles: LeBron caved from the never-ending scrutiny (as brutal as any athlete has ever faced in the Internet era) and his shaky inner circle, which consists of one parent (his mother, who battled a ton of problems over the years), his high school friends (who assumed an inordinately crucial role in his life without any real experience), his agents (who never threw their bodies in front of "The Decision"), and Miami's management (who walked him into another fiasco with the Heat's Welcome Party). By all accounts, he's a genuinely nice and happy guy who just wants to be liked — he was never meant to be a villain, and as much as he tried to feed off the heat (no pun intended), once it piled up past a certain point, he broke. Maybe he felt that happening against the 2010 Celtics as well; maybe that's why he chose to play with Wade in the first place.

And maybe that's why, right now, he's in total denial. Even in the postgame presser, when he should have been devastated the same way Magic Johnson was distraught after coming up small in the 1984 Finals, LeBron was doing the Frank Drebin�"Nothing to see here, please disperse" routine, bristling at the notion that he choked and taking shots at anyone who rooted against him. That's what you do when you're surrounded by enablers — you blame everyone else, and you never look within. He never understood that people only rooted against him because�that's what you do when someone boasts before they've ever actually done anything.

Let's say you're in college and one of your buddies says, "See that girl over there? I'm taking her home tonight. And I'm doing this because I'm the funniest and best-looking guy in this room." And let's say he's COMPLETELY serious. Guess what you're doing if it doesn't happen? You're making fun of him. Relentlessly. Really, that's what 50 percent of the Miami-related vitriol was about; the other 50 percent was because LeBron tried to stack the deck by playing with his biggest rival (we didn't respect it), and because he broke Cleveland's hearts on national TV (we didn't like it). To this day, LeBron hasn't shown any real regret about last summer; that's the main reason everyone rooted against him. He couldn't handle it. He caved. And now we're here.

Good read. All this dude has to do is MAN up and own his talent.

Jordan didn't win his first ring until he was 28, (though I'm surehe thought about leaving Chicago) he never did. Had Jordan left I honestly think he would have enjoyed HALF the success he did in Chicago. I honestly believe LeBron would have won a ring at the same time with Cleveland that he will with Miami, he did this to himself. I think he left before his glory years in Cleveland, they were on to something they just needed a couple more pieces.

Soooooooo true. This dude will be 27 this year. This past season, next season or after the Cavs would have had to put the right pieces together. He'd be 28 or 29. He might be that anyway considering how these teams decide to stack up for the Heat. So him thinking he made it easier was dead wrong. He actually made winning a chip that much harder. They have to get through a revamped Knicks squad, a retooled Celtics, a more mature Bulls squad, a Magic team that's looking to make moves and the rest of the East. The West is in a topic of it's own.
What's done is done. Do I feel bad for him? No, I feel bad for the people who root against him. Why label him as the villain? He's a tremendous talent, enjoy it while you can. Who knows when another talent like his will come around.
AND? This tremendous talent is what so many of us are pissed at him about. He had the chance to raise a city/franchise/fan base from ruins and reign like a King. Imagine if he had won 1 title for Cleveland. That 1 would have to equal 2-3 for any other city. You think Miami is really going to cherish that like Cleveland/Akron would have?

This dude gave up being a King with his own empire to become a knight for D-Wade. That is why I partially don't like him as a basketball player anymore. I feel so cheated. Not as an Ohioan but as a fan of sports. I feel he copped out. I and so many others wanted him to surpass the legacy Jordan built. If us normal fans feel that way, I wonder how NBA greats feel.

He seems like a pretty cool guy though. I don't take what he said to heart even though he shouldn't have said it. 

Take notes Bron... With great power, comes great responsibility.

There is no one in the NBA that I actually hate personally but I was glad to see hubris punished. LeBron not did "The Decision" and the non championshop, mid summer parade in an arrogant manner, it is not just his self appointed regal titles but the fact that he has not really sought to add to his game.

He plays in an arrogant manner, he has not put much effort into developin ga mid range or a post game and it cost him. When his threes are not falling, he struggles because his only other option is to attack the rim.

My advice to LeBron, stay quite, develop your weaker parts of your game into strengths. When you are 6'8 and ton of muscle, you should take most of your shots inside of 18 feet. This is not to compare him to Kobe because Michael Jordan, Paul Pierce, Allen Iverson, Ray Allen and lot of other NBA champions use the midrange game as there bread and butter because it works in the playoffs. Teams run you off of the line and they guard the basket so you have to get buckets from 6 to 18 feet. Also, LeBron might want to consider not only using picks but setting picks, use your physical strength, combined with your existing basketball skills and become like MJ, Kobe, Dirk and others who can get points in every way possible.

There is no one in the NBA that I actually hate personally but I was glad to see hubris punished. LeBron not did "The Decision" and the non championshop, mid summer parade in an arrogant manner, it is not just his self appointed regal titles but the fact that he has not really sought to add to his game.

He plays in an arrogant manner, he has not put much effort into developin ga mid range or a post game and it cost him. When his threes are not falling, he struggles because his only other option is to attack the rim.

My advice to LeBron, stay quite, develop your weaker parts of your game into strengths. When you are 6'8 and ton of muscle, you should take most of your shots inside of 18 feet. This is not to compare him to Kobe because Michael Jordan, Paul Pierce, Allen Iverson, Ray Allen and lot of other NBA champions use the midrange game as there bread and butter because it works in the playoffs. Teams run you off of the line and they guard the basket so you have to get buckets from 6 to 18 feet. Also, LeBron might want to consider not only using picks but setting picks, use your physical strength, combined with your existing basketball skills and become like MJ, Kobe, Dirk and others who can get points in every way possible.

Originally Posted by illwill24

I mean, all he did was leave a bad team for a good one, team up with two allstars to try to get a ring....I mean people act like he slapped their moms or something, I don't get why everyone is so happy to see this man fail.  There are people who don't even watch sports talking about they hate Miami!  Why is everyone on this man's back like that? 

And anyone who watches him play knows he's not a go-to scorer type player.  He's a playmaker who happens to be 6'8 260, he played his rookie season as a point guard.  So all the fourth quarter choking, and all that, why is there so much animosity towards this guy?  If you were in his shoes you would do the same thing:  team up with some winners in Miami Florida, as opposed to play with scrubs in Cleveland Ohio.  And people hate him for that?  Really?  Am I the only one who feels like this?

Cavs were the best team in the east tho, and Miami barely made the playoffs.

I mean, all he did was leave a bad team for a good one, team up with two allstars to try to get a ring....I mean people act like he slapped their moms or something, I don't get why everyone is so happy to see this man fail.  There are people who don't even watch sports talking about they hate Miami!  Why is everyone on this man's back like that? 

And anyone who watches him play knows he's not a go-to scorer type player.  He's a playmaker who happens to be 6'8 260, he played his rookie season as a point guard.  So all the fourth quarter choking, and all that, why is there so much animosity towards this guy?  If you were in his shoes you would do the same thing:  team up with some winners in Miami Florida, as opposed to play with scrubs in Cleveland Ohio.  And people hate him for that?  Really?  Am I the only one who feels like this?

Cavs were the best team in the east tho, and Miami barely made the playoffs.

Originally Posted by westcoastsfinest

he's in the nba living the life and we still have the same problems we had yesterday.

pimp.gif
LEBRON>>>>US

Originally Posted by dreClark

I don't feel sorry for him, no.

I don't see the big deal about what he said either.

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]I see somebody is not so %+$++ made on this board...#%%%!@ can give it, but can't take it when Lebron fires back...[/color]

Originally Posted by dreClark

I don't feel sorry for him, no.

I don't see the big deal about what he said either.

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]I see somebody is not so %+$++ made on this board...#%%%!@ can give it, but can't take it when Lebron fires back...[/color]

I have no remorse for him. This is coming from a guy who was a big fan of him when he first stepped into the league.

I have no remorse for him. This is coming from a guy who was a big fan of him when he first stepped into the league.

now that i think about it, lebron's tweet was more annoying than his press conference comments.

i don't have a problem with athletes thanking God, but dont try to use God to deflect the blame from yourself. Its not like winning would have been some insurmountable task.. if he had just scored a few more points here and there the Heat would have won. So was God telling you not to drive to the hole? Did he say he would smite you if you pretended to show interest in playing or supporting your team?

the guy refuses to take ANY responsibility upon himself and admit his shortcomings..

now that i think about it, lebron's tweet was more annoying than his press conference comments.

i don't have a problem with athletes thanking God, but dont try to use God to deflect the blame from yourself. Its not like winning would have been some insurmountable task.. if he had just scored a few more points here and there the Heat would have won. So was God telling you not to drive to the hole? Did he say he would smite you if you pretended to show interest in playing or supporting your team?

the guy refuses to take ANY responsibility upon himself and admit his shortcomings..

In all truthfulness Everybody needs to stop talking about the whole cleveland situation that team wasnt going to win a damn thing. Mo williams was the second best player and they were millions over the cap. Along with that i think people forget that athletes have more to their lives than just winning basketball games...... Not many Free agents were gonna want to sign a contract with the Cleveland Cavaliers.

Lebron deserves NO BLAME for leaving that horrible franchise and yall know it and this is coming from someone who dislikes Lebron. After that ORL series when he averaged damn near 40 and still watched his team get demolished it was time to go. I mean this is the same team that decided not to trade for Amare bcuz they rather keep J.J Hickson how did that work out for that front office?

In all truthfulness Everybody needs to stop talking about the whole cleveland situation that team wasnt going to win a damn thing. Mo williams was the second best player and they were millions over the cap. Along with that i think people forget that athletes have more to their lives than just winning basketball games...... Not many Free agents were gonna want to sign a contract with the Cleveland Cavaliers.

Lebron deserves NO BLAME for leaving that horrible franchise and yall know it and this is coming from someone who dislikes Lebron. After that ORL series when he averaged damn near 40 and still watched his team get demolished it was time to go. I mean this is the same team that decided not to trade for Amare bcuz they rather keep J.J Hickson how did that work out for that front office?

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)][/color]
Originally Posted by do work son

i don't feel bad or sorry for him from a basketball stand point. he didn't play up to his potential in the finals. (although i do recognize that he carried them through the chicago series)

personally though i feel very sorry for him. it's not like he came out and said "im better than kobe and MJ". the media is the one who makes those comparisons, and then the same media turns around and criticizes him for not performing to that ability. and it's pathetic to see people just spew hate towards this man. he's a basketball player, what did he ever do to you?

i can understand not rooting for a guy, rooting against a guy, but the way people treat Lebron takes it to another level. i just don't have the energy to hate this man like other people, i've got better things to do than constantly root for this man's failure
Originally Posted by srvballer

Obviously he's a multimillionaire who can do just about whatever he damn pleases so I can't feel too bad for him.

But I do feel for him a bit because he really is the most criticized athlete of all time. And considering he's never committed a crime, and never been got caught doing anything really crazy or stupid. I mean the worst thing he's ever really done is get a chosen1 tat and saying "i've decided to take my talents..." We all have these almost unrealistic expectations for him. We always want him to win the way we want say what we think is the right thing to say. But at the end of the day he's a person too and he should be allowed to say how he really feels. Sometimes I try to put myself in the shoes of these superstar players who have to answer all these dumb media questions right after they just lost a hard fought playoff game. I mean damn I would say some crazzzy shiittt if it was me. I just think we have to stop being so mad and hating on these athletes that dont please us.

He's just a larger than life figure whose kept us all talking. And if we are all really honest with ourselves, Lebron might be the best thing to happen to the sport of basketball since MJ (And we will never EVER see another MJ. so we should all stop that talk forever)
pimp.gif

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)][/color]
Originally Posted by do work son

i don't feel bad or sorry for him from a basketball stand point. he didn't play up to his potential in the finals. (although i do recognize that he carried them through the chicago series)

personally though i feel very sorry for him. it's not like he came out and said "im better than kobe and MJ". the media is the one who makes those comparisons, and then the same media turns around and criticizes him for not performing to that ability. and it's pathetic to see people just spew hate towards this man. he's a basketball player, what did he ever do to you?

i can understand not rooting for a guy, rooting against a guy, but the way people treat Lebron takes it to another level. i just don't have the energy to hate this man like other people, i've got better things to do than constantly root for this man's failure
Originally Posted by srvballer

Obviously he's a multimillionaire who can do just about whatever he damn pleases so I can't feel too bad for him.

But I do feel for him a bit because he really is the most criticized athlete of all time. And considering he's never committed a crime, and never been got caught doing anything really crazy or stupid. I mean the worst thing he's ever really done is get a chosen1 tat and saying "i've decided to take my talents..." We all have these almost unrealistic expectations for him. We always want him to win the way we want say what we think is the right thing to say. But at the end of the day he's a person too and he should be allowed to say how he really feels. Sometimes I try to put myself in the shoes of these superstar players who have to answer all these dumb media questions right after they just lost a hard fought playoff game. I mean damn I would say some crazzzy shiittt if it was me. I just think we have to stop being so mad and hating on these athletes that dont please us.

He's just a larger than life figure whose kept us all talking. And if we are all really honest with ourselves, Lebron might be the best thing to happen to the sport of basketball since MJ (And we will never EVER see another MJ. so we should all stop that talk forever)
pimp.gif

No pity for him here. Between his actions and words he makes his bed and now he's gotta sleep in it. Don't care if they or him ever win anything again. Also former huge fan of the man, but no longer.

No pity for him here. Between his actions and words he makes his bed and now he's gotta sleep in it. Don't care if they or him ever win anything again. Also former huge fan of the man, but no longer.

lollllll i still dont get the hate towards this guy anybody that hATES LEBRON, is mad emotional acting butt hurt cuz he went to play with his boy on another team?? seriously u people feel bad for cleveland for a franchise? for dan gilbert? when teams dont give 2 #**** about players when they start to go downhill if lebron started to play bad they would of traded him in a heartbeat n wouldnt give a %#*! about his family or him ,,lebrons ego is huge??? wow micheal jordan is trash dude treats his fans like garbage and nothing,,and talks as if he is god. im not mad at mj becuase that doesnt affect me, people just dying for lebron to have a huge scandal to have  a kobe rape case or tiger woods type scandal , or to get caught with a gun  like arenas,, thats why i think people hate him because he has carried himself pretty well and nit pick over ******ed issues like going to play for another team or made the decision  on tv    when overall he has carried himself pretty well, , do i feel bad for him ?o dude played like %#*! i would of felt bad if he played great n lost but miami didnt deserve to win so i dont feel bad but ill never understand that hate towards him

lollllll i still dont get the hate towards this guy anybody that hATES LEBRON, is mad emotional acting butt hurt cuz he went to play with his boy on another team?? seriously u people feel bad for cleveland for a franchise? for dan gilbert? when teams dont give 2 #**** about players when they start to go downhill if lebron started to play bad they would of traded him in a heartbeat n wouldnt give a %#*! about his family or him ,,lebrons ego is huge??? wow micheal jordan is trash dude treats his fans like garbage and nothing,,and talks as if he is god. im not mad at mj becuase that doesnt affect me, people just dying for lebron to have a huge scandal to have  a kobe rape case or tiger woods type scandal , or to get caught with a gun  like arenas,, thats why i think people hate him because he has carried himself pretty well and nit pick over ******ed issues like going to play for another team or made the decision  on tv    when overall he has carried himself pretty well, , do i feel bad for him ?o dude played like %#*! i would of felt bad if he played great n lost but miami didnt deserve to win so i dont feel bad but ill never understand that hate towards him

wow...thats the longest sentence I may have ever seen. can you tell me if you're a fan of that franchise that went from being good to bad literally overnight you wouldn't be ticked? i think anyone would. he made "the decision" towards the end of free agency so he effectively left us nothing to choose from in the free agent pool. like opening someones front door, tossing in a grenade and running off. it exploded right in our faces.

your point is well taken about the owners looking out for themselves, but so are the players. he had it good in CLE too, where a majority of the moves they tried to make were to make the team better around him. they did all they could, but wihout a firm guarantee that he would be there, then it was hard to attract a marquee player. these three planned this out awhile ago though. he knew he wasn't gonna stay.

then he gets to miami and does all his talking and dancing and that led to what? no ring in the first year. until they can get some players with some game left that want to play for peanuts then they are going to continue to struggle. last i knew it takes more than 3 to win. i still can't believe they got past boston or chicago.

wow...thats the longest sentence I may have ever seen. can you tell me if you're a fan of that franchise that went from being good to bad literally overnight you wouldn't be ticked? i think anyone would. he made "the decision" towards the end of free agency so he effectively left us nothing to choose from in the free agent pool. like opening someones front door, tossing in a grenade and running off. it exploded right in our faces.

your point is well taken about the owners looking out for themselves, but so are the players. he had it good in CLE too, where a majority of the moves they tried to make were to make the team better around him. they did all they could, but wihout a firm guarantee that he would be there, then it was hard to attract a marquee player. these three planned this out awhile ago though. he knew he wasn't gonna stay.

then he gets to miami and does all his talking and dancing and that led to what? no ring in the first year. until they can get some players with some game left that want to play for peanuts then they are going to continue to struggle. last i knew it takes more than 3 to win. i still can't believe they got past boston or chicago.

Back
Top Bottom