Sorry, but I think Ralph Lauren Polos are TOO COMMON these days...

Originally Posted by Gordon Gekko 979

Originally Posted by MILLION DOLLAR STACKS

black boy white booooooooooooooooy
sick.gif

this is the nonsense im talking about. "BLACK BOY SWAG WITH WHITE BOY TAGS". +$!? you guys don't realize how stupid and foolish you guys look when you guys say these sort of things. i think RL is an American classic, i just hate how it's becoming tainted due to the hood dudes wearing it extra baggy with jordans and fitteds
mad.gif
I'm so futuristic I don't even brush my haiiir!!!! i'm so futuristic maine what chainam I gone wearrrrr?
glasses.gif

i agree with the OP. Why would someone wear the same thing everyday, there are so many good brands that make quality products. Just cause a shirt has a HUGEpolo logo on it does not make it hot. Plus when i see people following a crowd it makes me think why. Do you think people with money wear clothes that show ahuge logo?

Originally Posted by dreClark

What do y'all mean by "People think they're doing it" when they are wearing Polo's

some guys really think they are killin cuz they were a polo shirt everyday...imo they aren't...i think brand loyalty like that is stupid...like LuckyLuchiano...i don't think he owns anything that isn't Ralph Lauren...not to say he doesn't look nice...but i personally am not impressed by guys whodo that...more with the polo shirts than Ralph Lauren as a whole...

YO OP. I wear Polo...guess why? Cause it's simple, classy, and classic, not because I "thinkI'm doing it". Why you so aggie about what people wear? I mean like you are so bothered you made a post about it.

So what if a dude wears them everyday...why you checking for dudes and their gear anyway...go look at some breezies andwhat they got on.

Originally Posted by mytmouse76

What do y'all mean by "People think they're doing it" when they are wearing Polo's

some guys really think they are killin cuz they were a polo shirt everyday...imo they aren't...i
Do they come out and say stuff like that? Do they act differently?

I got a closet full of Polo shirts (Tee's, button-downs,sweaters, blakes, Madras shirts, etc too) but a lot of the times I am in a polo shirt throughoutthe week. That's how I feel most comfortable. It's a casual look. I don't act any differently. I don't see why anyone else would.
think brand loyalty like that is stupid...like Lucky Luchiano...i don't think he owns anything that isn't Ralph Lauren...not to say he doesn't look nice...but i personally am not impressed by guys who do that...more with the polo shirts than Ralph Lauren as a whole...
What's wrong w/ brand loyalty if the brand makes quality products? I should go out and buy an inferior product? I should go out and by clothesthat may not have the same fit as brand X does? I mean somewhat i get what your saying, but brand loyalty makes sense in a lot of cases.

i never understand why people run to NT to make a thread about how other people are dressed. And then you got the people saying polo is becoming to commonbecause "the hood" is wearing them. i own a couple polos i wear a couple times a month. worry about yourself

some guys really think they are killin cuz they were a polo shirt everyday...imo they aren't...i

I got a closet full of Polo shirts (Tee's, button-downs,sweaters, blakes, Madras shirts, etc too) but a lot of the times I am in a polo shirt throughout the week. That's how I feel most comfortable. It's a casual look. I don't act any differently. I don't see why anyone else would.
think brand loyalty like that is stupid...like Lucky Luchiano...i don't think he owns anything that isn't Ralph Lauren...not to say he doesn't look nice...but i personally am not impressed by guys who do that...more with the polo shirts than Ralph Lauren as a whole...
What's wrong w/ brand loyalty if the brand makes quality products? I should go out and buy an inferior product? I should go out and by clothes that may not have the same fit as brand X does? I mean somewhat i get what your saying, but brand loyalty makes sense in a lot of cases.

i would say its more the way they act...some you can tell just wear it cuz they like...others you can tell think they are **$@@%$ on everyone else cuz theywear it...

I got a closet full of Polo shirts (Tee's, button-downs,sweaters, blakes, Madras shirts, etc too) but a lot of the times I am in a polo shirt throughout the week. That's how I feel most comfortable. It's a casual look. I don't act any differently. I don't see why anyone else would.
What's wrong w/ brand loyalty if the brand makes quality products? I should go out and buy an inferior product? I should go out and by clothes that may not have the same fit as brand X does? I mean somewhat i get what your saying, but brand loyalty makes sense in a lot of cases.

Very well said.

i would say its more the way they act...some you can tell just wear it cuz they like...others you can tell think they are **$@@%$ on everyone else cuz they wear it...
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
At dudes picking up on how people actaccording to what they are wearing. "That $$!!# got on a Polo and he think he the $%!%...nah I can just tell homie...look at his swag". Dudes thesedays I tell ya.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

i would say its more the way they act...some you can tell just wear it cuz they like...others you can tell think they are **$@@%$ on everyone else cuz they wear it...
But how do you know that isnt their natural personality? They can be wearing fubu, and still think they the %%**. I personally don't knowanyone walking in polo and popping their collar every 5 mins talking about, "I'm mad fresh yoo" unless your in HS. (Not you mytmouse, in general)

Originally Posted by ElderWatsonDiggs

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
At dudes picking up on how people act according to what they are wearing. "That $$!!# got on a Polo and he think he the $%!%...nah I can just tell homie...look at his swag". Dudes these days I tell ya.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
That's a girl bro
laugh.gif

But I can see what she is saying....a little bit. But that's when People are wearing Higher-end items i.e Gucci, LV, Hermes, etc.

Not Polo. That's why I was confused.

Originally Posted by blazersfan

But how do you know that isnt their natural personality? They can be wearing fubu, and still think they the %%**. I personally don't know anyone walking in polo and popping their collar every 5 mins talking about, "I'm mad fresh yoo" unless your in HS. (Not you mytmouse, in general)
i know you weren't comin at me but i see that alot in college...and on facebook/myspace...

But I can see what she is saying....a little but. But that's when People are wearing Higher-end items i.e Gucci, LV, Hermes, etc.

thats what i'm sayin...you can catch Polo on sale at Macys every weekend...i know its a quality product but some guys run around likeit is Gucci or LV...

brand loyalty can also include following trends. a result of an emotional driven market (i.e. Beanie babies and tickle me elmo dolls in the 90s). brand loyaltydosen't necessarily mean buying quality products or services.

And also...

Style >> Fashion

Yall are assuming people act differently when they really don't. Polo is a top brand and a great brand, expect alot of people to wear it.

*psychologist voice*
Since we are pointing fingers
Do you act differently or feel bigger and badder in Polo?

Originally Posted by blazersfan

But how do you know that isnt their natural personality? They can be wearing fubu, and still think they the %%**. I personally don't know anyone walking in polo and popping their collar every 5 mins talking about, "I'm mad fresh yoo" unless your in HS. (Not you mytmouse, in general)
i know you weren't comin at me but i see that alot in college...and on facebook/myspace...

But I can see what she is saying....a little but. But that's when People are wearing Higher-end items i.e Gucci, LV, Hermes, etc.

thats what i'm sayin...you can catch Polo on sale at Macys every weekend...i know its a quality product but some guys run around like it is Gucci or LV...
Lol Dre
smh.gif
@ me thinking that was a dude. If you want to be real...Gucci and LV has been fakedand copied and used in coordinated outfits (the fake gucci pattern shoes, caps, shirts, jeans) so much that I don't even mess with that stuff.

That's why simple Polo works for me.

I agree. People go to TJ Maxx or the sales racks and rack up and think they super fresh. In fact, if you won't spend full price on the stuff that is $200plus, you not stunting. I'm tired of spending that much on it and folks thinking they fresher than me. I'm starting to go to couture fashion thesedays. I'm gon start buying some Armani and possibly some Gucci if I can afford it.

Originally Posted by IwearJs

I agree. People go to TJ Maxx or the sales racks and rack up and think they super fresh. In fact, if you won't spend full price on the stuff that is $200 plus, you not stunting. I'm tired of spending that much on it and folks thinking they fresher than me. I'm starting to go to couture fashion these days. I'm gon start buying some Armani and possibly some Gucci if I can afford it.

You so worried about the next man that it's gonna make you empty out your bank account?
laugh.gif
tired.gif

Back
Top Bottom