Sorry, but I think Ralph Lauren Polos are TOO COMMON these days...

played out? they wear what they think is nice. u shouldn't care what your "rich friends" wear.

if you like polos and no one else wears it, wear it. you should buy clothes that fit you and you like wearing them. simple as that.

Originally Posted by IwearJs

I agree. People go to TJ Maxx or the sales racks and rack up and think they super fresh. In fact, if you won't spend full price on the stuff that is $200 plus, you not stunting. I'm tired of spending that much on it and folks thinking they fresher than me. I'm starting to go to couture fashion these days. I'm gon start buying some Armani and possibly some Gucci if I can afford it.
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

How sad.

tired.gif

I guess some of you didnt read my previous post. I am not worried about what the other dude is wearing, but when I walk on campus and see a sea of solid polos,it's a little OD. Five years ago, you would of never saw that, but the minute Wayne and everyone starts mentioning RL, everyone hops on the bandwagon.

Like I said, I do like Ralph Lauren, timeless and classy clothes, but certain products of theirs, i.e the Polo and Pocket T-Shirt EVERYONE wears, including mebut not EVERY damn day.

More power to you if that's your style, Im just hating on the ignorant ppl that wear them in 3XL or people that wear and and act like they paid full pricefor it....get outta here.

I wonder why this is the reason why Polo wear was mentioned in a lot of east coast rap from like 1992-98 especially from like many Brooklyn/Staten Island rappers back then (wu Tang, Big L, Jay, AZ, Kane, biggie, etc..). Also, Polo Sport, Polo USA, RL Sport, RLX, and other Raplh Lauren wear was rampid during the mid 90s down here in the South, soon after its popularity in NYC and theEast coast. Polo didnt start to make a comeback in hip-hop till like Kanye blew up in like 2002-03. Before that you had the whole urban wear (Fubu, Mecca, SJ, rocawear, Kani, PNB Nation, etc.) and throwback fad .

your a 100% right. even a lil before 92 they did mention "rockin lo" a lot of kids don't understand that even before the lo-lives ralph wasalready a billionaire. and from what i hear is that POLO is the richest clothing company ever. more than armani etc. I'm gllad however that you are one ofthe few cats that actually pay attention to it.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by JKickz1334

I am not worried about what the other dude is wearing, but when I walk on campus and see a sea of solid polos, it's a little OD. Five years ago, you would of never saw that, but the minute Wayne and everyone starts mentioning RL, everyone hops on the bandwagon.

Ain't you at UGA?

My man...them SEC fratboys been on that #+** for decades. C'mon now...
laugh.gif

Also, as for the Tommy Bahama comments, go look at some of their T-Shirts and you can't tell me some of those phrases and logos aren't eye catching. Igot one with a parrot holding a cigar and the Scarface theme. Definitely quality T's.

Originally Posted by dreClark

I agree. People go to TJ Maxx or the sales racks and rack up and think they super fresh. In fact, if you won't spend full price on the stuff that is $200 plus, you not stunting. I'm tired of spending that much on it and folks thinking they fresher than me. I'm starting to go to couture fashion these days. I'm gon start buying some Armani and possibly some Gucci if I can afford it.
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

How sad.

tired.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
is this dude serious right now

fam if u spending full price on a polo shirt u are the one who is taking the L

I can tell from this post alone that u are the dude who keeps the tag on his clothes so people can see how much you paid for them. You sad as %%@% fam
smh.gif

Why does it matter if someone thinks they are "Doing it" or not?

Why are you looking at another man and his clothes??

Maybe some of you guys should be selfish and worry about yourself and nobody else sometimes.....Yes...Sarcasm.

If you dont want people buying what you do them blow your whole paycheck and get some purple label Polo.......That`ll show em not to swag surf around you
eyes.gif
eyes.gif
eyes.gif
eyes.gif

honestly i wear it cause its what i'm used too... i've been wearing it since i was a youngin....i mean i do get annoyed by people who wear it and actlike they stunting hard but i dont really pay it attention...

Lol, Im actually at Georgia State right now and Ill be at UGA in the Fall, but yes UGA is full of Polo....and I hate those frat boys...well, some of them haha

Originally Posted by Dakingii

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

How sad.

tired.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

I can tell from this post alone that u are the dude who keeps the tag on his clothes so people can see how much you paid for them. You sad as %%@% fam
smh.gif

That is one of the most hypebeast-+%+ statements I've ever read on NT.

I understand what your'e saying OP. I would like to see more originality per se, but we live in a society of comfort and familiarity and people are fearfulto step out of their comfort zones and fearful of the uncommon and unfamiliar. That is just an acquired characteristic in society demonstrated in all socialaspects of American culture, especially in fashion.

But at the same time, when everyone attempts to be different and wants to stand out, it gets to the point where everyone is still the same if you know what Imean.

I love Polo too but as i am getting older, I am becoming more conscious and cognizant of my style rather than some fashion or trend garnered by some brands,even though brands like Ralph lauren has been around forever and has been a staple in American fashion.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

How sad.

tired.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

smh.gif
laugh.gif
..word id de damned if im paying full price for a poloSHIRT..s_ wud be a waste..and u talkin @%% but cant even afford Gucci

Oh, my. Did you really just post that?
smh.gif
laugh.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

How sad.

tired.gif
Yep he just stated what OP really meant by this thread
laugh.gif

More power to you if that's your style, Im just hating on the ignorant ppl that wear them in 3XL or people that wear and and act like they paid full price for it....get outta here

roll.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

How sad.

tired.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

smh.gif
eek.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Okay, im going to be blunt with it- why are black people flocking to these brands they'd never wear two-three years ago? I understand times change, but itannoys me when the same clowns who were wearing XXXL shirts are suddenly rocking tight *** clothes.
tired.gif
@ what the youth has become.

OP must be young. Once you get older and actually have things to worry about,you won't give a flying Papoose what people are wearing.

Originally Posted by mytmouse76

^ people do grow up and switch up their style...you can't wear the same thing forever...
Its not that even that. It's more the fact the same clowns that'd attempt to rash on me for wearing ralph lauren and other fittingclothes, are suddenly wearing it themselves. and whats worst are the kids who wear skinny jeans then sag their parents,
indifferent.gif
, like really? oh the irony

i havent read a reply in this thread yet, but did son say he is 20 and he rocks Tommy Bahama?
looking-embarrassed.jpg

jokes tho, do you fam

me personally, polo knit's are timeless classics and ill still rock wit them after they arent so cool anymore just like i have for years.

I think you should just focus on what the opposite sex is wearing. That's my philosophy.

Edit: Unless you're on that AYO status, whatever works for you.

Back
Top Bottom