Sorry, but I think Ralph Lauren Polos are TOO COMMON these days...

Originally Posted by haiti5

Originally Posted by Gordon Gekko 979

I want hood dudes to never touch this brand again, it's being tainted
hood dudes is the reason its so popular now in the first place!..i swear yall some ignorant _______
I'm saying..."HOOD DUDES".
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Yeah, I changed the title because eight pages ago I wrote that played out was the wrong terms, and too common was the better one.

Once again, nobody reads.

Originally Posted by TBONE95860

[h3]Ralph Lauren Polos will NEVER be played out...... EVER[/h3]It's Polo...... if it ain't in the hood.... us white people will still be wearing it, just like we were BEFORE it got hot in the hood

indifferent.gif
This is racist, this whole statement. I'm from the south andI've been weaimg Polo since 96 with Jordans in high school. I am also from the hood and could care less what any rapper wears. Thats lame. I think thepolos look nice and are very versatile. So wear what you want and if you don't black people wearing so called "white brands" then I don'tknow what to tell you

All I wear is polo reason being, nice clean look, and if you have an athletic build, it's the best fitting shirt. Polo's wrap yo body like asnuggie. One thing I don't like though, is when I see dirty looking cats rocking polo and fake polo's, with the topbutton buttoned, @*## is depressing to look at.

Originally Posted by rizzo da one

Originally Posted by TBONE95860

[h3]Ralph Lauren Polos will NEVER be played out...... EVER[/h3]It's Polo...... if it ain't in the hood.... us white people will still be wearing it, just like we were BEFORE it got hot in the hood

indifferent.gif
This is racist, this whole statement. I'm from the south and I've been weaimg Polo since 96 with Jordans in high school. I am also from the hood and could care less what any rapper wears. Thats lame. I think the polos look nice and are very versatile. So wear what you want and if you don't black people wearing so called "white brands" then I don't know what to tell you
funny cuz duke voted for McCain
laugh.gif

I happen to love wearing polo....who cares if u don't like wat I like? I don't......(that's wat I think)

Duuddde,

LMAO....I didnt say I didnt like Polo at all, you guys and your lack of comprehension is gonna get you in trouble one day. If you guys want to wear whateveryone else and their mother is wearing go ahead.

Of course, but I've been a fan since 1996 and will stand buy it. Just like others will say they have been a endorser of Ralph Lauren since say 1972, morepower to him or her.

Only people who don;t need to wear it are those who wear it in 4 XL, and those who wear and and act like they have a Black American Express card.

Quote:the shirt has been around since ralph lauren co. become just that. which is back in 1967. 3 decades later and the shirt is still in stores, stillselling, very simple and easy to match, and people love the product. sooooooooooooo maybe to you it's played out (and I'm not here to bsh you) but Idon't see this shirt getting played out anytime soon. but to each his own. Exactly, I don't see it either, as long as their quality is good people willbuy, myself included, i remember back in 97 i purchased two RL polos and they faded after one wash in cold water and hang dried, it turned me off to the brandfor a while, i was wearing lacoste from 02-04 but their shirts would shrink after a wash or two, not to mention the fit was boxy and no i never threw them inthe dryer, after that i started buying burberry polo's they had a slim cut and held up well, but I might give lacoste another try they had some goodcolor's, and RL will never go out.

if people want to wear them then that is fine by me but I never thought they were cool. as much as I respect Maze, every KATC vid with him rocking some gaudypolo makes me even more happy I don't live in NYC, the land of polos, fitteds, and pencil thin chin strap facial hair. when everyone looks the same none ofem are fresh

Originally Posted by MILLION DOLLAR STACKS

black boy white booooooooooooooooy
sick.gif

this is the nonsense im talking about. "BLACK BOY SWAG WITH WHITE BOY TAGS". +$!? you guys don't realize how stupid and foolish you guys look when you guys say these sort of things. i think RL is an American classic, i just hate how it's becoming tainted due to the hood dudes wearing it extra baggy with jordans and fitteds
mad.gif
black people been wearing polo before you ever thought about getting fresh...sorry mister but its the truth.

Purchased my 1st polo from 1.5 back in 95'. I'm black and from the hood(not sure if Bushwick is still considered hood, lol). Rocked it thru college,military, up to present day. Been all over the world. seen alot of clown rocking 3xl shirts and clowns wearing navel shirts. I just shake my head n keepstepping. My problem with the Op is his generalization that if you from the hood and are a minority, you can't dress yourself and have no business wearingit. I read that you only 20 so I'll forgive you, you aint doing nothing new.so all this talk about starting to wear polo is garbage. only people you shouldbe worried about is you and the opposite sex.

I understand your argument if people are walking around saying, "Look at my shirt, it's a Ralph Lauren Polo, I paid $75 for it (even though theybought it at a discount store)."

I don't understand your argument if people are walking around and wearing a RL Polo, and saying nothing.

I wear RL Polos because I love the way that they fit, and I enjoy having a variety of different colored polos to wear. And guess what? I bought them all eitheron sale, or at Marshall's! What is the sense in paying full price for something when you can get the same product for cheaper? Just to act like you'redoing it for wasting your money on clothes?

What's the slogan for Ross? Dress for less?

Listen kid, when you grow up, you have to live on a budget. If that entails still trying to be a little fashionable, but spending less money, stores likeMarshall's, TJ Maxx, and Ross have a strong appeal. I'm not about to spend my entire paycheck on a wardrobe. I have bills to pay and mouths to feed.Grow the hell up and stop worrying about the next guy.

Originally Posted by SW33TS1NC3R1TY

Originally Posted by MILLION DOLLAR STACKS

black boy white booooooooooooooooy
sick.gif

this is the nonsense im talking about. "BLACK BOY SWAG WITH WHITE BOY TAGS". +$!? you guys don't realize how stupid and foolish you guys look when you guys say these sort of things. i think RL is an American classic, i just hate how it's becoming tainted due to the hood dudes wearing it extra baggy with jordans and fitteds
mad.gif
black people been wearing polo before you ever thought about getting fresh...sorry mister but its the truth.

Word. I'm doing like the man THROWEDINTHEGAME said on here last week, now:

Black Boy

eyesight.jpg
's

&

White Boy

newbooksrecdsprdsht.gif
's

*(Black Boy Looks & White Boy Books)

I'm black and admit this whole black boy white boy thing is both stupid and ignorant. At 22 with a 6 figure salary, business casual is what i prefer. Thehood foolishness must cease. I prefer the higher sleeve cuts of lacoste/izod to RL if it matters.

Originally Posted by AceBoogie

I'm black and admit this whole black boy white boy thing is both stupid and ignorant. At 22 with a 6 figure salary, business casual is what i prefer. The hood foolishness must cease. I prefer the higher sleeve cuts of lacoste/izod to RL if it matters.

co sign completely. I wish they could seperate the hood from the rest of us with their foolishness

Back
Top Bottom