Sources: Kidd Wants Out Of New Jersey

Oh my goodness, if Portland got Harris I would be
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
pimp.gif

laugh.gif
, unless the Mavericks got Roy then that deal wouldn't go down for Cubes/Avery. I'm not saying that it's a good deal if we got Kidd/Roy, butain't no way we give up both Stack+Harris for Kidd.

http://www.sportingnews.com/yourturn/viewtopic.php?t=344395

Knowing that, a deal that makes sense for two teams is Kidd to the Mavericks. To make the salaries match, the Mavs could offer Devin Harris, Jerry Stackhouse, DeSagana Diop, Juwan Howard and Devean George. The latter three all have expiring contracts, which would clear about about $5 million off the Nets' books this summer, free them of paying Kidd $21-plus million next season and give them a pair of solid guards in Harris and Stackhouse. (Mark Cuban, however, doesn't see it this way. When I asked him via e-mail if the above proposal had any substance, he replied: "Step away from your crack dealer." I'm taking that as a no, he doesn't see that deal happening.)

laugh.gif

Kidd could be the answer for right now, but I don't want to end up like the Heat.
If you end up like the heat, at least you will have won a championship or you could just keep running through the regular season and have painfulexits in the playoffs

Originally Posted by WILLINC

Kidd could be the answer for right now, but I don't want to end up like the Heat.
If you end up like the heat, at least you will have won a championship or you could just keep running through the regular season and have painful exits in the playoffs

eyes.gif

9-34. We may have some painful exits but, we ain't 9-34.

Im sorry I didnt know you were a mavs fan and a laker fan
eyes.gif

and ill take the 9-34 and the lotto balls that come with it, rather than year after year keep having heartbreaking loses and exits, believe me Miami has hadthose also

I'd rather be 9-34 after a title and a chance for a high draft pick then be like the mavs or suns and win 55 games every year and never win a title...thiscoming from a knicks fan....i'll take the title everyday

Originally Posted by WILLINC

Im sorry I didnt know you were a mavs fan and a laker fan
eyes.gif

and ill take the 9-34 and the lotto balls that come with it, rather than year after year keep having heartbreaking loses and exits, believe me Miami has had those also

Mavs fan? Please.....

I could care less what you have to say because it doesn't matter. You didn't win the chip last year and neither did we. We had a 3 peat and yall wonone chip this decade so we both did somethings. We all just trying to get back to the promise land.

No, what I meant by trying to be the Heat was, trading away all of our key players for the prospect of something that could improve us, and end uphorrendously. I'm very content being a contender in the West year in and year out, and if we keep the core of Devin, Josh, and Dirk together, it'sgoing to be hard for any team to beat the Mavericks. Dirk is a threat no matter what you will say, yes he's had some flaws in his game, but lets not forgetthis is a man who basically single-handedly KILLED the Spurs two years ago. Maybe I see the things differently because I'm a Mavericks fan and I'drather ignore the negatives (the 06 Finals), and concentrate on the past achievements and getting better. Josh Howard is one of the most dynamic and versatileplayers in the L who is very hard to defend, yet is a good defender, and has years of great basketball ahead of him. Devin is capable of going on spurts of10-12 points in 3-4 minutes and his speed/agility will only make him better as his polishes his outside game. We can't do it alone though, we need our roleplayers, we're nothing without our role players, what made the Heat so good two years ago was their role players, yes Wade was good, that's alleveryone ever talks about, but hardly do they talk about Haslem, Posey, Jones, the role players who did just as much damage as Wade. The Mavericks couldpossibly have two of the top four bench players in the L with Jason Terry and Jerry Stackhouse, both who are capable of putting up 30-35 a night if they takethe shots. Our Centers are the key to success on our team, if they're off, the entire team is off, if they do well, we don't lose. Diop and moreimportantly Dampier were CRITICAL to us winning 67 wins last year, Dampier wasn't healthy in the Playoffs last year and we get knocked out in the firstround. Now, that's definitely not the only reason we lost, and my theory is that if you have a great team, even if you have a key player out, you should beable to win as long as you have other key players to fill the void. Bringing in Kidd would make our offense better yes, but Devin is a good scorer, Kidd on theother hand, and I've said this before there were talks of him being possibly traded, is one of the worst offensive PG's in the League as far asshooting goes, and it would halt the development of Devin, and if we got rid of him? What do we do when Jason Kidd retires?! I'd rather look towards beinga strong force in the future and contending year in and year out, to be honest, we were a few foul calls away from being the Champions two years ago with avery similar team. Marques Daniels, Keith Van Horn, Adrian Griffin, Darrell Armstrong, and Josh Powell are the only players that were on that team two yearsago that aren't on there now. Instead of those 5-6 we have Brandon Bass, Trenton Hassell, Devean George, Eddie Jones, who in my opinion are much betterthan those who we have lost, and most are very good defenders. I'm fine with our team right now, we can lose to bad teams yes, but I have faith we can turnit on if we need to. Just because I'm making a long post, it's ridiculous how any player can get 73 FT's in a period of four games (Dwyane Wade
smh.gif
).

EDIT: And, the Heat took 49 FT attempts to Dallas' 25 in pivotal game 5.
tired.gif

Don't really see Kidd going anywhere before the deadline....

Good fit would seem to be the Mavs and maybe the Lakers but I hope he stays in the East.

Good fit would seem to be the Mavs and maybe the Lakers but I hope he stays in the East.

I think he should stay in the East, I know it's not common consensus to trade a player to a team in the same conference, but there's too many damn goodguards in the West, imagine if Kidd, Paul, Nash, AI (SG?), Roy, (SF?
laugh.gif
), TP, Baron, Deron all in the same conference.

The Principals: Nene ($8.8 million), Linas Kleiza ($1 million)), J.R. Smith ($2.1 million)

The Skinny: This was the deal. The Nets would get a prototypical young power forward in Nene, who would pair with Jefferson to form the new core of the Nets franchise for the next five years. The Nuggets? Well, they would be downright scary. Kidd's presence would allow Allen Iverson to defend point guards, make Carmelo Anthony a 30-plus points per game scorer and reinvigorate Kenyon Martin. A Martin-Kidd-Anthony fast break? The Nuggets would lead the league in free throw attempts. Denver would instantly become a favorite in the West, while New Jersey would have a solid building block for their future. Nene's battle with testicular cancer, however, probably quashes this deal.

JR Smith and Linas Kleiza don't make much sense, and Nene is a question mark right now. Without him, this deal is pointless, because Kleiza plays SF right?and JR Smith plays SG? Hmm, who plays SG and SF for the Nets?

Link
Kidd Privately Tells His Friends He Wants To Be Dealt To Dallas

January 29, 2008 - 4:39 pm
Kidd_Jason_njn.jpg
Yahoo.com -
Yahoo! Sports' Adrian Wojnarowski has reported that New Jersey Nets ' point guard Jason Kidd is privately telling his friends that he wants to be traded to the Dallas Mavericks .

Kidd has a total FIC of 709 this season and has posted an FIC per 40 minutes of 17.7 for New Jersey.

The Mavericks' point guard Devin Harris, who is currently injured, has an FIC total of 376 and FIC per 40 minutes of 12.7 in 2007-08.

nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by BullsRepeat3Peat

Link
Kidd Privately Tells His Friends He Wants To Be Dealt To Dallas

January 29, 2008 - 4:39 pm
Kidd_Jason_njn.jpg
Yahoo.com -
Yahoo! Sports' Adrian Wojnarowski has reported that New Jersey Nets ' point guard Jason Kidd is privately telling his friends that he wants to be traded to the Dallas Mavericks .

Kidd has a total FIC of 709 this season and has posted an FIC per 40 minutes of 17.7 for New Jersey.

The Mavericks' point guard Devin Harris, who is currently injured, has an FIC total of 376 and FIC per 40 minutes of 12.7 in 2007-08.

nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

Cuban won't do it.

Cuban won't do it if it involves Devin, or both Stack+JET I believe he has said. The deal the Mavericks+Nets are trying to do HAS to involve a third team,

laugh.gif
to all you fans saying "We dont need Kidd" or "dont mess with the chemistry of the team." Its JASON KIDD. The Mavs would be betterwith him. The Blazers would be better with him. You fans are out of your mind. Oh and please use the ESPN TRADE MACHINE if you are planning on proposing atrade in this thread. The Lamar Odom and Jordan Farmar for Jason Kidd and Richard Jefferson is not only laughable, its 14 MILLION dollars off.......Laker andCavalier fans are always the best when it comes to proposing trades. Such unrealistic fans (for the most part).

Originally Posted by dland24

Oh and please use the ESPN TRADE MACHINE if you are planning on proposing a trade in this thread. The Lamar Odom and Jordan Farmar for Jason Kidd and Richard Jefferson is not only laughable, its 14 MILLION dollars off.......Laker and Cavalier fans are always the best when it comes to proposing trades. Such unrealistic fans (for the most part).
laugh.gif
who proposed that?

Mavs fan? Please.....

I could care less what you have to say because it doesn't matter. You didn't win the chip last year and neither did we. We had a 3 peat and yall won one chip this decade so we both did somethings. We all just trying to get back to the promise land.
Well if you're not a mavs fan then you should not have responded because I was referring to the dallas guy that said the original comment

But you were just itching to respond, so now i will respond to you. Have fun with your "Return to the :tongue:romise Land" AKA another quick playoff exit,while i enjoy my lottery balls in peace

laugh.gif

Why would anyone take Nene right now? He wasn't even playing well this season before they found out he had a tumor... Now, he's coming off having atumor/cancer removed, and he's carrying a contract that'll pay him upwards of 10-11 million through 2012. There's NO WAY I would take on thatcontract right now.

to all you fans saying "We dont need Kidd" or "dont mess with the chemistry of the team." Its JASON KIDD. The Mavs would be better with him. The Blazers would be better with him. You fans are out of your mind. Oh and please use the ESPN TRADE MACHINE if you are planning on proposing a trade in this thread. The Lamar Odom and Jordan Farmar for Jason Kidd and Richard Jefferson is not only laughable, its 14 MILLION dollars off.......Laker and Cavalier fans are always the best when it comes to proposing trades. Such unrealistic fans (for the most part).

They weren't even Cavs fans doing it, just random ppl because the article mentions Cleveland as a destination. Quit reaching for ways to bash on the Cavs and their fans, it's not working.

Back
Top Bottom