SPACEJAM XI: to all my young heads, my lesson to you: WEAR YOUR KICKS

My 99 DS IVs breds are still in mint condition, I always kept them in a dark and cool place. I am sure these cracked ones were not well stored especially in awarm enviornment. The lesson isn't just wearing all your shoes- thats a choice, the lesson is to ensure you store them properly. Btw I also wear my otherpiar of 99 IVs since 2004 and they are just fine, not all vintage jordans will break down like these ones. Just my two cents.

I agree with all this hype wear your shoes, however as for your sitiuation i'm sure a big dollup of glue will bring your space jams back to life.

Originally Posted by Magic1978

I've been telling dudes that for years. Keeping kicks deadstock ruins kicks just like wearing them.

That doesnt make any sense whatsoever magic . . . . try again

embarassed.gif
gravedigs

Originally Posted by RetroSniper

I've been telling dudes that for years. Keeping kicks deadstock ruins kicks just like wearing them.

embarassed.gif
gravedigs

I think he's saying that you should wear them instead of deadstocking them because either way, they can get damaged...

I consider myself more of an "art collector" when it comes to shoes, so I'll never have to worry about this, as my deadstocks will never hit theground.

Plus, I buy multiples.

Always one to stare, one to wear.

Clearly.

I have a DS pair of 01 spacejams as well, so are they not safe to wear??? I asked this before but in another thread and didnt really get an answer
frown.gif

someone please help

Still got my OG Bred 11's from 1995. I wear them once maybe twice a month for games and they still sweet and no sign of falling apart. damn bad luck thoughbetter hope you cop a pair of the retro's. good luck man.b

happened to my Retro Black/Red XI's, yet my OG Carolina XI's still have blue tint on the soles, and no sign of glue coming undone.

Originally Posted by Aljayz863

I agree with all this hype wear your shoes, however as for your sitiuation i'm sure a big dollup of glue will bring your space jams back to life.

Unless there is some special shoe glue that I don't know about, trying to glue them back to life won't work. I tried everything on my Black/RedXI's, nothing sticks to the patent leather for very long.

The teacher became the student and was taught a harsh lesson, experience is the harshest of teachers....

Now he has resumed his role as instructor but will his lesson fall on deaf ears ? ? ? ?

Will you all now realize the value and importance of wearing your Jordans, then cleaning them thoroughly so they still appear new ? ?

Or all you all just too lazy and would rather buy them and watch them rot, literally, right in front of you instead of cleaning after use ?

I wear every damn pair I have, including '00 Space Jams, DMP XI, Carmine VI and anything else with an icy bottom. I scrub the %%+@ out of them and put them bacc in the box. My DMP XI and Carmine have yellowed, ON THE BOTTOM, ever so slightly and the '00 Jams can still pass for DS

As for crumbling midsoles its a no-brainer. If you have a brain, you will understand that these must definitely be worn regularly to preserve their integrity

smokin.gif
QFT...
tired.gif

Originally Posted by J Burner

happened to my Retro Black/Red XI's, yet my OG Carolina XI's still have blue tint on the soles, and no sign of glue coming undone.

Unless there is some special shoe glue that I don't know about, trying to glue them back to life won't work. I tried everything on my Black/Red XI's, nothing sticks to the patent leather for very long.

Shoe Goo.

embarassed.gif
gravedigs
It makes perfect sense to anyone who didn't just start collecting Jordan's two years ago.

I must have really hurt your feelings
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by TeflanDon

Originally Posted by J Burner

Unless there is some special shoe glue that I don't know about, trying to glue them back to life won't work. I tried everything on my Black/Red XI's, nothing sticks to the patent leather for very long.

Shoe Goo.
COLUMBIA Blue
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

your problem isn't as serious as your thread would lead us to believe; have the soles reglued and they'll be back to life
what alot of collectors don't realize is that there is a proper way to store shoes if they're not going to be worn for an extended period of time.

Back
Top Bottom