sprint is getting the iphone 5

Originally Posted by Adidas Freak

Originally Posted by CWrite78

Originally Posted by blackngold1z

Rumor has out the iphone 5 will be stock unlocked and can work on ANY network

30t6p3b.gif
Can't believe people don't see the monopoly that Apple is trying to become.

Do you even know the meaning of monopoly?
The exclusive control of something. Don't see how hard it is to comprehend what I'm saying unless you guys have down syndrome. In a few years you'll see nothing but iPhones. Especially since the 3g is only $49 with a new contract.

1700th post
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

you're the only one here with a mental ******ation, buddy.

apple doesn't have exclusive control over smartphones. they have control over their iphone. don't like it? other options are out there.

Originally Posted by whyhellothere

Originally Posted by itz rOLLi

so, will I be able to use this with my virgin mobile 25$ no contract plan?
eek.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
no.
Really? I thought that is exactly what it meant.
Most of the world does not buy subsidized phones and lock themselves into 2 year contacts. Apple wants the iphone to be a world player.

I could be wrong and most of it is just rumors for now but here is a link to an article that supports this. 

http://t-gaap.com/2011/7/22/iphone-5-how-apple-will-tackle-the-unlocked-handset-world

Maybe but I seriously doubt it. At least for the iPhone 5.
We have to wait to see if it even ends up on sprint before thinking about Virgin Mobile & Cricket.
Not to mention it would probably be some super watered down
sick.gif
iPhone that would end up on VM or Cricket, I just can't see Apple offering the same iPhone for everyone. They have enough fanboys already willing to ignore that premium price tag for their products.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
no.
Really? I thought that is exactly what it meant.
Most of the world does not buy subsidized phones and lock themselves into 2 year contacts. Apple wants the iphone to be a world player.

I could be wrong and most of it is just rumors for now but here is a link to an article that supports this. 

http://t-gaap.com/2011/7/22/iphone-5-how-apple-will-tackle-the-unlocked-handset-world

Maybe but I seriously doubt it. At least for the iPhone 5.
We have to wait to see if it even ends up on sprint before thinking about Virgin Mobile & Cricket.
Not to mention it would probably be some super watered down
sick.gif
iPhone that would end up on VM or Cricket, I just can't see Apple offering the same iPhone for everyone. They have enough fanboys already willing to ignore that premium price tag for their products.
Yeah but its business. "Enough" is never enough.
I could see a 2 tiered system. An elite device locked onto your provider and subsidized. And also a watered down version less specs, plastic instead of glass unlocked to work on any provider prepaid included (thus works worldwide) for $300-$400. 

Just think, recently we've seen marketing for the 3GS's discounted price point. I have NEVER seen a company that big market last years product. Yes there are tons of customers with the iphone4 out there, but Apple also wanted to grab people that dont want to (or cant) pay premium and dont convince themselves that they need the newest shiniest insert here. Apple just might continue the trend and break the mold this year.  

hey it worked for video game consoles.

30t6p3b.gif

The exclusive control of something. Don't see how hard it is to comprehend what I'm saying unless you guys have down syndrome. In a few years you'll see nothing but iPhones. Especially since the 3g is only $49 with a new contract.

1700th post
pimp.gif
A monopoly entails the exclusive control of an entire "market," not "something."  I sure hope Apple has exclusive control of their product, it's "their" product.  I guess I understand the point your making but your really not making any sense.  You want AT&T and Verizon to maintain exclusive rights of the iPhone so they can enjoy a huge competitive advantage over Sprint which would eventually leading to an oligopoly?  The Apple iPhone is one of the best if not the best cell phone products in the market.  Limiting its reach to 2 of the 3 major cell phone companies in the U.S.  is not creating a "fair" market at all.

I have EVO btw and by no means am I an Apple fan boy.

Originally Posted by balloonoboy

Originally Posted by steven42lh

Day one purchase for me. Just don't change my everything data plan and I'm good.
This is my biggest concern.

If anything we'll be grandfathered in.

READ: Non-Sprint customers thinking about making the switch, do it SOON.

Copped

Originally Posted by djuzi05

Yeah because HTC only has the Evo and it's on every phone company. All they do is hype it up knowing these hipsters will buy it. Just like my girl buying a macbook for 1500 and doesn't even use it but once a week.

Sounds like your girl is a dunce.

Originally Posted by mustbefire

1700th post
pimp.gif
A monopoly entails the exclusive control of an entire "market," not "something."  I sure hope Apple has exclusive control of their product, it's "their" product.  I guess I understand the point your making but your really not making any sense.  You want AT&T and Verizon to maintain exclusive rights of the iPhone so they can enjoy a huge competitive advantage over Sprint which would eventually leading to an oligopoly?  The Apple iPhone is one of the best if not the best cell phone products in the market.  Limiting its reach to 2 of the 3 major cell phone companies in the U.S.  is not creating a "fair" market at all.

I have EVO btw and by no means am I an Apple fan boy
I'm saying a monopoly over PHONES. If they keep "advancing" their software and basically out marketing HTC and Samsung and all these other companies because these brain dead "techies" think they're the end all be all of cell phones there won't be a need for them. I never said there was a monopoly NOW. What is this, Fox News?

And Cwrite78 maybe you should look up the definition of monopoly.

No update.

Apple's WWDC conference announcing the iPhone 5 (and its respective carriers) should be sometime this month.

Originally Posted by balloonoboy

No update.

Apple's WWDC conference announcing the iPhone 5 (and its respective carriers) should be sometime this month.

really? good to know. didnt hear anything about it

Originally Posted by mustbefire

1700th post
pimp.gif

I have EVO btw and by no means am I an Apple fan boy
I'm saying a monopoly over PHONES. If they keep "advancing" their software and basically out marketing HTC and Samsung and all these other companies because these brain dead "techies" think they're the end all be all of cell phones there won't be a need for them. I never said there was a monopoly NOW. What is this, Fox News?

And Cwrite78 maybe you should look up the definition of monopoly.

or, not.

apple is not going to run these companies out of business. not with google backing them up and still giving free software or with windows still in the picture.

there will continue to be competition, so no, apple will not be a monopoly. and, i know what monopoly means no need to look anything up.

Originally Posted by jumpman247

1700th post
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
I always thought a Monopoly was when someone didn't have an option, last time I checked they weren't the only people selling phones. Thus they're not a monopoly, and aren't anywhere close they aren't even being adopted by the government. 
Now Microsoft is a monopoly.

Can't really say  Microsoft is a monoply when they're not the only ones making software.... 

Originally Posted by Return Of The Mac

1700th post
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
I always thought a Monopoly was when someone didn't have an option, last time I checked they weren't the only people selling phones. Thus they're not a monopoly, and aren't anywhere close they aren't even being adopted by the government. 

Can't really say  Microsoft is a monoply when they're not the only ones making software.... 
How many computers run on Windows?
Remember the last time you had a meeting and there was a presentation, what program were they using?

Can't wait till the iPhone goes to Sprint might copp ..... EVO still holding me down great phone man

Originally Posted by 650

Rumor has out the iphone 5 will be stock unlocked and can work on ANY network

30t6p3b.gif
NotSureIfSerious.jpg
http://www.comscore.com/P..._Subscriber_Market_Share

Monopoly
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
dont b fooled... they only appear to be everywhere because they look EXACTLY the same, 1 phone 1 OS

Google>Apple

the acquisition of Moto Mobile was huge... very strong statement was made

Originally Posted by Return Of The Mac

How many computers run on Windows?
Remember the last time you had a meeting and there was a presentation, what program were they using?
[color= rgb(102, 0, 153)]True..........i just see design companies using mac....[/color]

Originally Posted by staystrong

Mac is for flossers though you can do the same designer crap with windows

hate this argument. OS X is far superior to Windows. Sure, you can do all the same things, but i would rather do them in OS X.

i hate windows and will never go back unless im broke as hell and i have to.

Originally Posted by QuestLife

Originally Posted by staystrong

Mac is for flossers though you can do the same designer crap with windows

hate this argument. OS X is far superior to Windows. Sure, you can do all the same things, but i would rather do them in OS X.
eyes.gif
perhaps for designers & people that do a lot photo/video editing.
Everything else,
eyes.gif
i dont do any of that stuff, and i find Mac OS to be way better for general use. Even gaming with Steam. I have a nicely put together windows box as well as a macbook. And when im playing a game, i can still access all my apps freely, without lag or slowdown when im ready to get back into my game. Im really not biased at all, but after spending a  good amount of time with OS X, its not even close.

Back
Top Bottom