Star Wars Universe Thread: May The 4th Be With You

Did you like The Last Jedi?

• Yes

Votes: 68 71.6%
  • Yes

Votes: 27 28.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
In TROS, Finn hints towards being force-sensitive, I think even diving a little deeper into that, having him actually say it or doing something of that nature that helps would have rounded off his character nicely.

The Rose Tico character was just horribly written from the get-go though. Her character is horrible because she serves no purpose at all. Good to see Kelly Marie Tran get another project with Disney though. Hopefully they do her justice.

That’s what happens when it’s money grab trilogy. One person needed to run it all oversee everything. I’m not mad at what he said. Is what it is

This just more proof confirming what i thought from the get go that KK and Lucasfilm aint know what the **** they were doing starting this up. Literally on the fly decision making. There was no storyline for the trilogy obviously.

You get a director like JJ that really doesn't have any vision, any substance to his work and if they do it isnt cuz of his writing. Dude is an idea guy that means more to style with his lens flares. Any content most likely is a rehash of straight up jacking Spielberg.

But they think just get JJ to start this and the rest will be good cuz they at least planned things out with who they thought were good directors. Turns out Rian Johnson had no intention of making a good Star Wars movie. I just don't understand how he convinced them with subversion as the main concept but then have creative differences with Jurassic World dude and he dips. Then they clearly cant find anybody to wrap this up (I assume Joss Whedon said no) so JJ comes back to take the L since he's not about telling full stories with like conclusion or making statements and he just addresses everything angry fans didnt like so far and concocted a whole bunch of nonsense to go in the opposite direction the last movie left off on.

Was John expecting a bigger part of the movie? I thought he was already a big part, but I’m assuming his characters storyline was changed along the way?

im not defending the mouse or SW at all, because I think the new trilogy was trash, but I don’t know if his character was pushed to the side intentionally due to race but probably more due to lack of direction from the entire stupid trilogy.

this happened to Kelly forsure, but I’m curious about what exactly were the plans of his character if that’s the case.

Last Jedi was changed a lot from the original vision prior to JJ taking back the helm. Plus all the meddling with the higher ups like KK and Iger. Just a cash grab at the end of the day by Iger without any real intent to preserve the legacy of the Skywalker saga. I'd be happy if they totally disregarded this mess of a trilogy and re-brand it under their "Legends"/Expanded Universe brand. Re-do the third trilogy with some input by Lucas and have Dave Filoni run it.

Im more mad at the marketing for Force Awakens

from this
U6uR.gif

to this in the film
tumblr_ots56pGAYq1tu6tfso9_400.gifv
Big facts

The trailer for the first film set high expectations for Finn's character. What we got in the three films was a wasted character that Disney could have written better

Big facts

The trailer for the first film set high expectations for Finn's character. What we got in the three films was a wasted character that Disney could have written better
I could argue that they botched TF outta damn near every character in the trilogy :lol:

Han and Lando are probably the only two who made out that thing with good writing.

The best movie of the new trilogy was just a remake of the original trilogy condensed into one movie.

That trailer made him pretty cool and then they proceed to add some a heavy dose of zest to him in his photo. And if that wasn't obvious pandering enough, they made sure to add that he has a husband in his bio. Nothing wrong with it but damn. They should've just made his TIE rainbow colored:lol:

varko-grey-main_483c4dd3.jpeg

Varko Grey started his career as a police officer on Parkella, fighting to keep order in the face of corruption and injustice. In time he joined up as an Imperial TIE pilot, seeing the Empire as the only hope for a chaotic galaxy. Beating the odds to survive battle after battle — much to the relief of his husband Emory — Grey’s skills and experience eventually earned him a promotion to Titan Leader.

Back
Top Bottom