Star Wars Universe Thread: May The 4th Be With You

Did you like The Last Jedi?

• Yes

Votes: 68 71.6%
  • Yes

Votes: 27 28.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Yup and somehow the Luke who sees the good in anyone would ever think about standing over his nephew while he is sleeping with a lightsaber. Like come on. Luke Skywalker

RotJ is on right now. There is no better villain than Sidious :lol:

Zik, do you think I'm the only Star Wars fan in Oregon? You think I don't talk to MULTIPLE Star Wars fans everyday? None of them have come at me with these dumb *** complaints.

My boss is the one true case study, he's going to be crushed when he finds out about Luke, I'll talk to him tomorrow.
Perhaps the showings you're going to are with the casuals? :lol:

You did say different theories cities.

I did say the diehard SW fans. The ones that know meaningless fun facts. The ones who will rage about who shot first.

Plus I thought you said you saw it 3 times in 3 different cities.

Last edited:
RotJ is on right now. There is no better villain than Sidious :lol:

Perhaps the showings you're going to are with the casuals? :lol:

You did say different theories.

I did say the diehard SW fans. The ones that know meaningless fun facts. The ones who will rage about who shot first.

Plus I thought you said you saw it 3 times in 3 different cities.

You think I'm going alone each time? :lol:

I sat in line for 7 hours Thursday with multiple Star Wars freaks.

Friday I went with 4 diff Star Wars fans.

Saturday my daughter.

My work has multiple Freaks that went Thursday-Friday.

And that doesn't count Facebook, Twitter, Texts, phone calls etc the last 4 days.

And then randoms in the theater.

You, yourself said you liked it. Cinescore is an A, 2nd highest weekend ever......and this film is "the downfall" of Star Wars. Lame™ :lol:

Another thing about space Leia...She can survive the vacuum of space and force pull her way to survival...But she can’t move the damn cave rocks when the 8 remaining resistance fighters are trying to escape? I might slap Rian Johnson if I ever see him in public...

Who says she couldn't tho? She was in back, Poe found the exit first, she very well could have stepped forward. But Rey was ahead of her, and she is the lead in the story, which is JJ, not Rian.

You're searching for something that isn't there man.

No. It wasnt a ‘what if’ it was an ‘if’.
I didn't say what if. I asked do you not understand what "if" means in a hypothetical scenario.

You don't know how ifs work?
You think I'm going alone each time? :lol:
No. I'm pretty sure I read you saying you went with your wife and another time with your daughter.

You, yourself said you liked it.
I am not a die hard SW fan in the least.

I can recognize why some of those fans hate this movie. It just doesn't bother me.
Cinescore is an A, 2nd highest weekend ever......and this film is "the downfall" of Star Wars. Lame™ :lol:
The movie was gonna make bank regardless. Same way IM3 made a billi and AoU.

But all I'm saying is you can't just dismiss these fans who disliked or hated the movie as ppl who wanted Rey to be Luke's daughter or group them with lame. It's like straight up denial with some of your replies :lol:

If anything I'm enjoying the more critical and analytic breakdowns of this movie regardless if they're negative or positive.

Last edited:
Let’s look at the fact that it’s explicitly stated that the resistance ship has 16 hours of fuel left right...Rey was on the island with Luke for at least 3 days due to the night scenes that were shown...She still managed to make it to Crait and help out in the final battle...Another plot hole or is time travel another new force user trick that Darth Rian decided to bless us with?

It’s shown in this movie that ships can exit light speed in a precise fashion...So precise that they can stop in very close proximity to other ships...Why didn’t the First Order jump ahead of the resistance ships and exit light speed right on top of them then proceed to destroy them...

No shield generator for the base on Crait...Why didn’t they drop the giant laser right at the front door instead of miles away thus allowing the resistance time to mount a defense, and you know, close the very slowly moving door...

Let’s look at the fact that it’s explicitly stated that the resistance ship has 16 hours of fuel left right...Rey was on the island with Luke for at least 3 days due to the night scenes that were shown...She still managed to make it to Crait and help out in the final battle...Another plot hole or is time travel another new force user trick that Darth Rian decided to bless us with?

Come on now.

That man is trying so hard to defend the stupid stuff in this movie that makes no sense what’s so ever. Saying we searching for stuff. You just pulling stuff out thin air to defend it.

Two Star Destroyers sit and watch as a single X-Wing mounts an attack on the massive dreadnaught...Then continue to watch as an obscenely slow bomber crawls it’s way over the center of the the ship...

Come on guys...Aside from the major stuff we’ve been talking about at length over the past couple days...This movie is insanely easy to pick apart...It’s paper thin when you really start looking at it...

That man is trying so hard to defend the stupid stuff in this movie that makes no sense what’s so ever. Saying we searching for stuff. You just pulling stuff out thin air to defend it.

Man, look at some of his complaints.

Why didn't the ships land right on top of other ships??????

Ok

Why did Luke walk into Jabba's palace unarmed?
Why did Luke fly to Bespin alone without calling the Republic?
Why did the Death Star not have Star Destroyers with them at Yavin?

We doin these kinda questions for everyone? :lol:

It's a Space soap opera, we could ask 500 questions about every single detail, right?

Why didn't the Emperor sense Vader comin after him?
How did Boba know the Falcon was with the trash?
How come multiple Star Destroyers plus Tie Fighter squadrons couldn't stop the Falcon that's always breaking down?

Are these fair questions, like the ones for this film? Yes or no?

Here’s another that I think I mentioned earlier in the thread...

Remember all the rebels that died in Rogue One, ANH, and ROTJ mounting attacks and obtaining plans to destroy the Death Stars...

Turns out all anybody had to do was aim an old run down ship at the things then launch them into hyperspace...Billions of lives, and at least one planet saved...

I didn't say what if. I asked do you not understand what "if" means in a hypothetical scenario.

You don't know how ifs work?

No. I'm pretty sure I read you saying you went with your wife and another time with your daughter.

I am not a die hard SW fan in the least.

I can recognize why some of those fans hate this movie. It just doesn't bother me.

The movie was gonna make bank regardless. Same way IM3 made a billi and AoU.

But all I'm saying is you can't just dismiss these fans who disliked or hated the movie as ppl who wanted Rey to be Luke's daughter or group them with lame. It's like straight up denial with some of your replies :lol:

If anything I'm enjoying the more critical and analytic breakdowns of this movie regardless if they're negatice or positive.

Nope, wife hasn't gone yet. She hates crowds. That will be my 4th viewing, likely in 2-3 weeks.

“They can track us through hyperspace” - “That’s not possible”.............Never mentioned again how this is suddenly possible...
They shot themselves in the foot with this though for future films. Rebels being able to escape through hyperspace seems like a necessary plot device. There was no reason to introduce that especially since it had no backstory on how it became possible.

Reading a crap ton of spoilers and watching spoiler filled reviews and reading a synopsis of the film

I can definitely see why fans would be pissed

Certain things don't make sense to me, being the middle film of a trilogy.. the first, sure.. or if they were doing 4 movies of this series

But don't see it making sense in the middle of this trilogy.. but I have yet to watch

Another thing about space Leia...She can survive the vacuum of space and force pull her way to survival...But she can’t move the damn cave rocks when the 8 remaining resistance fighters are trying to escape? I might slap Rian Johnson if I ever see him in public...
:lol:

Back
Top Bottom