Star Wars Universe Thread: May The 4th Be With You

Did you like The Last Jedi?

• Yes

Votes: 68 71.6%
  • Yes

Votes: 27 28.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It’s shown in this movie that ships can exit light speed in a precise fashion...So precise that they can stop in very close proximity to other ships...Why didn’t the First Order jump ahead of the resistance ships and exit light speed right on top of them then proceed to destroy them...
After I realized gravity didn't work for those bombs to drop on the dreadnaught/cruiser in the first 15 min I knew I couldn't go deeper and question other stuff with the use of logic.

Rian went for pure style (and w/e emotion it may invoke) of the scene over substance if it made sense.

“They can track us through hyperspace” - “That’s not possible”.............Never mentioned again how this is suddenly possible...
Honestly, that entire nugget of information/revelation which according to them was a jump to conclusion reminded me so much of Star Trek :lol:

Like that's literally out of the Star Trek Oh **** they can do this now book; they can cloak their ships!, oh they can teleport while at warp!, oh they can teleport their ships vast distances!, etc.

I just knew it wouldnt be followed up on. There's something about the tech and science in the SW universe that has always been questionable.

Its why I never bothered to question their light speed science talk and the reasoning for why Poe could get close and attack that ship or why the Resistance ships could keep a certain distance and not be obliterated. Simply put, Rian wanted Poe to destroy that ship while most of his squad died same way he wanted the pursuit of the Resitance to be contained and maintained while other plot lines ran their course so they could all come to a head at the same time.

The scene where Snoke is pissed Hux lost the resistance and Hux hints that its not a problem and scenes later Hux is just getting praised as Kylo walks in and Hux leaves says a lot :lol: They never intended to talk about how they tracked them. Its why the subplot with Rose isn't find the guy who created this new tracking tech but find a hacker to get in the room so they could turn off the power temporarily. There wasn't gonna be any dynamic maneuvering by a pilot to lose the First Order in that chase.

Last edited:
Come on guys...Aside from the major stuff we’ve been talking about at length over the past couple days...This movie is insanely easy to pick apart...It’s paper thin when you really start looking at it...

Not really. It's a messy movie. Still good, but it has flaws

Was this low-key trash? Idk man I need another viewing

I'm Kylo Ren out this *****. #conflicted
:lol:

Depends from what perspective. I got this easily ahead of TFA but as a sequel it honestly isn't the best. Some things smoothly transitioned others did not and felt like they were being done to be done.

It has nothing on R1 though.

Come on guys...Aside from the major stuff we’ve been talking about at length over the past couple days...This movie is insanely easy to pick apart...It’s paper thin when you really start looking at it...

Agreed, very poor film making - it's almost as if they knew this 'ish would get 90%+ from the 'top critics' and sell out regardless. In all fairness, how the 'eff do the 'top critics' not even notice these plot holes or the lack of continuity? I've suspected that Disney is putting pressure on critics for high scores based on some of the Marvel trash they've put it out and this above average movie is the icing on the cake.

Was this low-key trash? Idk man I need another viewing

I'm Kylo Ren out this *****. #conflicted

Won't say this movie is pure trash, this Rian Johnson cat had some good ideas/visuals for his own SW stand-alone or 'trilogy' but it was a bad idea to have him come in for a sequel for another cat's vision.

Movie has the same sequel flaws as DC's Justice league joints (Snyder to Whedon) and the 'top critics' slammed that film with a below average score. This film is basically the Iron Man 2/3 to the excellent Iron Man 1.

Last edited:
My main problem with the new trilogy:

The original trilogy had 4 insanely compelling, legendary characters; Luke, Leia, Han, and Vader.

and an entire bench of elite role players.

The new trilogy has... MAYBE 1.5. great characters. and probably 1 good role player...

Reactions: ARK
My main problem with the new trilogy:

The original trilogy had 4 insanely compelling, legendary characters; Luke, Leia, Han, and Vader.

and an entire bench of elite role players.

The new trilogy has... MAYBE 1.5. great characters. and probably 1 good role player...

to add to this

The role player part is really a problem, they have struck out on just about every non Poe supporting character.

Maz Kenada? WACK
The Hacker guy? WACK
The thicc Asain girl? WACK
Laura Derns character? WACK
Captain Phasma? WACK.

:smh:

Reactions: ARK
The prequels look like futuristic shakesperian classics compared to this nonsense. Fam Luke had tears in his eyes to see Rey and his pops lightsaber, only to ask the broad who are you and throw the lightsaber over his shoulder. The face Luke made after he drinks the cum milk is when I officially knew what time it was with this movie.

**** RIAN JOHNSON

The prequels look like futuristic shakesperian classics compared to this nonsense. Fam Luke had tears in his eyes to see Rey and his pops lightsaber, only to ask the broad who are you and throw the lightsaber over his shoulder. The face Luke made after he drinks the cum milk is when I officially knew what time it was with this movie.

**** RIAN JOHNSON

Wasn't this bad :lol:

lamekilla lamekilla again I haven't watched the movie.. but I'm concerned reading watching and listening to the stuff I have

As I said above, some things don't make sense as the middle film.. but especially after TFA

Just seems odd having things happen in this movie after the build up in TFA

this movie sucked tho. period. i'm good on a new trilogy from this guy and i'm a diehard fan.
smh in disgust. i feel like i wasted part of my life anticipating this for so long and for watching it. the best thing that came out of this was the fact that lightsabers are back in stores.

I didn't say what if. I asked do you not understand what "if" means in a hypothetical scenario.

You don't know how ifs work?

No. I'm pretty sure I read you saying you went with your wife and another time with your daughter.

I am not a die hard SW fan in the least.

I can recognize why some of those fans hate this movie. It just doesn't bother me.

The movie was gonna make bank regardless. Same way IM3 made a billi and AoU.

But all I'm saying is you can't just dismiss these fans who disliked or hated the movie as ppl who wanted Rey to be Luke's daughter or group them with lame. It's like straight up denial with some of your replies :lol:

If anything I'm enjoying the more critical and analytic breakdowns of this movie regardless if they're negative or positive.
Arguing over hypothetical synarios concocted here is even more ******ed and childish than arguing over Star Wars son.

I would like to see what Rian can do with a clean slate, IMO he's a good filmmaker.

but the reality is being the 2nd film in a trilogy he's been saddled with some less than inspiring characters.

Back
Top Bottom