Star Wars Universe Thread: May The 4th Be With You

Did you like The Last Jedi?

• Yes

Votes: 68 71.6%
  • Yes

Votes: 27 28.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Yeah that rant was spot on. I’m willing to give them artistic license when it comes to gravity and the bombs and Luke throwing the lightsaber over his shoulder didn’t bother me but I agree with everything else.

Yeah that rant was spot on. I’m willing to give them artistic license when it comes to gravity and the bombs and Luke throwing the lightsaber over his shoulder didn’t bother me but I agree with everything else.

i cant let the dropping bombs in outer space go

that rant was flames

And using him "saving" Vader doesn't really hold because the only reason that happened was because he was his father.
You're missing my point.

Vader being Luke's father is part of my point. This isnt like Rey reaching out to an emo father killer cuz she saw some light in him. Vader being Luke's father is part of my point in the comparison to how he reacted to Kylo. He's his nephew. He's family. That Luke turned Vader doesn't even matter to what I'm talking about.

Vader wasn't turning for anyone else in the galaxy, not even Leia.
:lol: Leia didn't ******* matter. Especially not to Vader :rofl: @ "even" Leia like he had a stronger connection or affection for her more than Luke.
So Luke wasn't gonna be able to change/convert or any of that nonsense anyone else like that.
This has nothing to do with my comparison.

I'm not even saying Luke should've convinced Kylo. I'm talking about Luke's reaction to all of it.

He felt shame for thinking about Killing Kylo, for failing Leia, for losing his students, and for whatever else he'd been thru the last 3 decades. Jedi are always about that stuff, looking back, reflecting, etc.
And I'm saying looking at Luke's character in the OG and what went down in the prequels to explain how Yoda and Obi-Wan ended up the way they are it pales in comparison and doesn't make sense for Luke.

Sith, like Kylo wants to be, don't think like that, they always look ahead, craving more more more, and that's what Kylo has done so far. First Han, then Snoke, then Luke, and eventually Rey. The interesting thing, he couldn't pull the trigger on his mom. He hesitated with her, but not with Han.
Kylo is a little emo *****. He aint no Sith.

Darth Sidious is rolling over in his grave with that comment. Even Dooku is insulted.

That Rant was basically everything dude said in here lol... And so real....
Lol I like the explanation someone said in here about the bombs. About the the ship being so big it's possible it had it's own gravitational pull. Even though thats most likely not the case it makes me not care so much about the bombs...

Was going back through some of the previous pages and saw that you already touched on Finn/John Boyega character.
Things like him getting ***** slapped while on his knees by a Nazi after being a caught "fugitive" or his getting tazed with his hands up in surrender, contrasted by another supporting character being similarly tazed only after drawing his weapon on a commanding officer.
?
Why do I feel like you're reaching for some SJW response about this? I don't think that was nearly as serious as you seem to want to make it.

Right, there was no reason for Luke to react the way he did to his nephew when he sensed the dark in him. Unless the director is telling me that Kylo is inherently more in tune with the dark side of the force than VADER, there is little reason for Luke to react to the point of murder.

Last edited:
Why do I feel like you're reaching for some SJW response about this? I don't think that was nearly as serious as you seem to want to make it.

No, I asked a poster I respect to share his perspective with me simply because I'm curious what others think.

I watched a film and perceived certain things that no doubt are shaped by my experiences, values and insights.

I'm not sorry if comments rooted in my perspective agitate or make you feel uncomfortable.

Is your perspective on the things I pointed out, it's not that serious?I'm legit curious, I don't expect everyone to share my point of view.

I also know some people prefer their entertainment to be a stressor free zone, but that's not my issue.

Human Tip: SJW is not an enlightened phrase.

I love how people are agreeing. No way in whatsoever would Luke freaking skywalker even think about murdering his nephew unless it was a last resort. And what it seemed like Kylo didn’t even do anything yet. That’s the most frustrating thing about the movie.

As the day goes on I'm able to revisit TLJ from the perspective of a sober person.

The summation of my opinion of this movie, off of the initial viewing, is "Really bruh?"

Luke Skywalker throws down his weapon, refusing to resort to violence in the face of genocidal tyrants Darth ****ing Vader and Emperor Palpatine, but is ready to kill an angsty teenage boy in his sleep over some unpleasant teenager thoughts?

Really son?

Princess Leia arguably has the most incredible display of Force prowess in the damn film franchise, just to have a ridiculous "she's alive!" moment and then do nothing else of note?

Really? Did I really just watch Leia Peter Pan through the vacuum of space like she's a ****ing Green Lantern?

Supreme Leader Master of the Force Smoke, alleged Big Bad of the new franchise, just dies like that in the second installment of a trilogy? Really bruh?

THE MAN WHO IS POWERFUL ENOUGH TO CREATE AN INTIMATE TELEPATHIC CONNECTION BETWEEN TWO INDIVIDUALS ACROSS VAST GULFS OF SPACE AND TIME CANNOT SENSE WHEN HIS CHARACTERISTICALLY ANGRY APPRENTICE IS ABOUT TO MURDER HIM? LMFAO

NOW AN EMOTIONALLY UNSTABLE TEEN IN THE BODY OF A 30-SOMETHING MAN IS RULING THE FIRST ORDER AS THE SUPREME VILLAIN OF THE TRILOGY? LMFAOOOOOOO!!!! KYLO REN EARNED THAT ROLE IN THE NARRATIVE RIAN? WHEN DID THIS HAPPEN??!? AWARE ME BRUH!

LUKE SKYWALKER JUST GONE LIKE THAT? YOU KILLED THE PROTAGONIST OF THE FRANCHISE AND DROP THE 10-TON BAG OF "REY IS THE TRUE LAST JEDI" CLICHES ON MY HEAD?

REALLY BRUH? WHEN DID REY BECOME A JEDI?? BECAUSE SHE CAN MOVE ROCKS? DIDNT SHE JUST UNASHAMEDLY ALMOST FALL RIGHT THE **** INTO THE DARK SIDE SIDE WITH NO HESITATION??? SO HOW IS SHE A JEDI??!? AWARE ME BRUH!! WHERE IS JA RULE TO MAKE SENSE OF THIS

POE DAMERON COMMITS A SUCCESSIVE SERIES OF ACTS OF TREASON, EACH ONE WORST THAN THE LAST AND COSTING HUNDREDS IF NOT THOUSANDS OF RESISTANCE LIVES UNTIL THE RESISTANCE IS REDUCED TO A COMMUNITY COLLEGE ELECTIVE CLASSROOM???

BUT POE DAMERON STILL IN CHARGE DOE!! WE ARE DA SPARK DAT WILL LIGHT DA FIRE DAT WILL LIGHT DA BLUNT OF WHATEVER DA HELL RIAN JOHNSON WAS SMOKING WHEN HE WROTE THIS **** MY *****!!

Really? Finn/Rose subplot not only goes nowhere and create unpleasant evocations of The Phantom Menace, but is literally the CAUSE OF THE BETRAYAL AND DESTRUCTION OF THE RESISTANCE!!?? REALLY?

THIS MOVIE WAS DUMB AS ****
:rofl: My man has me dying here.

No, I asked a poster I respect to share his perspective with me simply because I'm curious what others think.

I watched a film and perceived certain things that no doubt are shaped by my experiences, values and insights.

I'm not sorry if comments rooted in my perspective agitate or make you feel uncomfortable.

Is your perspective on the things I pointed out, it's not that serious?I'm legit curious, I don't expect everyone to share my point of view.

I also know some people prefer their entertainment to be a stressor free zone, but that's not my issue.

Human Tip: SJW is not an enlightened phrase.
Come on man. Don't come at with that stuff for one of the most miniscule 1 sec scenes in the that you want this answer too. Sure it matters to you.... Pm him.... You posted on here we got the right to respond to you too

Come on man. Don't come at with that stuff for one of the most miniscule 1 sec scenes in the that you want this answer too. Sure it matters to you.... Pm him.... You posted on here we got the right to respond to you too

What are you talking about man, my response to your response literally asked you to share more from your perspective!

...But yet you want me to take it to PM's. **** that noise. :lol:

You're clearly either not hearing me, or maybe you havent read my original post which offers a little preceding context.

I'm disappointed that the only black character in this generation of the films is a damn court jester. It's made worse by the blatantly shallow diversity hires and trope reversals.

When paired with my view of the scenes I pointed to, it all seems like a bit more than miniscule coincidences.

Again, I couldn't care less if voicing that makes some (read: white people) uncomfortable.

Last edited:
I felt bad for not liking the film very much, but the video rant confirms my feelings. So disappointed. Johnson messed this movie.

Reactions: ARK
thought this was funny, and I liked whatever moment I got from Leia

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
men have had the run of sc fi since basically it's inception, I think it's pretty reasonable for star wars to throw them a few bones. :lol:

As black guy (and a nigerian) it's tough to see my son Boyega get done dirty like this, but I must say... to see the way young girls react to Rey's character, to see how my nephew who's a girl is so into sci fi now because of rey, I think it's super super dope.

So I think it pleases more than jut "feminists"
Your nephew is a girl bruh?

I’m willing to let it go because mostly everything that happens in space in these movies is impossible. First of all, sound in space- nope. When they opened the door to let Leia back in, they all should have been sucked out into space.
:lol: :rofl: At that point I did invoke the invisible ship force fields that Star Trek has. They maintain the atmosphere and protect you from the hazards of space despite the hull of the ship being visibly exposed to it.
That Rant was basically everything dude said in here lol... And so real....
Lol I like the explanation someone said in here about the bombs. About the the ship being so big it's possible it had it's own gravitational pull. Even though thats most likely not the case it makes me not care so much about the bombs...
If the ship had its own gravitational pull then the ship and the bombs would've began to orbit the dreadnaught like the earth orbits the sun :lol:

What are you talking about man, my response to your response literally asked you to share more from your perspective!

...But yet you want me to take it to PM's. **** that noise. :lol:

You're clearly either not hearing me, or maybe you havent read my original post which offers a little preceding context.

I'm disappointed that the only black character in this generation of the films is a damn court jester. It's made worse by the blatantly shallow diversity hires and trope reversals.

When paired with my view of the scenes I pointed to, it all seems like a bit more than miniscule coincidences.

Again, I couldn't care less if voicing that makes some (read: white people) uncomfortable.

I thought the movie was awful. You are bringing up race though? This was the most liberal hippie being a coward is all right as long as you have feelings interpretation of Star Wars I've ever seen. Finn is a huge critical character in these films. Its not his fault that the plan failed...just more poor writing from a director that puts pointless twists into the movie. He also was a beast and got to fight Phasma. And lets be real - Phasma should wash him in under three seconds. She's the one that trains First Order troopers how to fight lol. This is the second time he's being propped up as amazing beyond any common sense reality. He fought Kylo Ren and was able to land a hit. The same Kylo Ren that turned ol boy Luke into an island hermit with the power of the dark side.

(I'm not white if that matters)

:lol: :rofl: At that point I did invoke the invisible ship force fields that Star Trek has. They maintain the atmosphere and protect you from the hazards of space despite the hull of the ship being visibly exposed to it.

Right, most of these Star Wars ships have force fields but the First Order successfully attacked that command center so the force fields were down. When they blasted Leia and Ackbar, they were sucked out into space. Now a scene perhaps showing someone setting the Force field up or some sort of air lock doorway would remedy that but then this wouldn’t be a Rian Johnson directed movie.

Something else I just learned about Rian- he directed The Fly and Ozymandias episodes of Breaking Bad. This dude is both the light and the dark sides of the Force.

I thought the movie was awful. You are bringing up race though? This was the most liberal hippie being a coward is all right as long as you have feelings interpretation of Star Wars I've ever seen. Finn is a huge critical character in these films. Its not his fault that the plan failed...just more poor writing from a director that puts pointless twists into the movie. He also was a beast and got to fight Phasma. And lets be real - Phasma should wash him in under three seconds. She's the one that trains First Order troopers how to fight lol. This is the second time he's being propped up as amazing beyond any common sense reality. He fought Kylo Ren and was able to land a hit. The same Kylo Ren that turned ol boy Luke into an island hermit with the power of the dark side.

(I'm not white if that matters)

Yea we disagree, Finn is NOT a huge critical character, he's a superflous supporting character who's only purpose is to be the butt of jokes and to make the progression of superflous parts of the storyline easier to write.

I'm not even mad at the superfluousness, I'm mad that they had to go and make him some clown jester who also happens to be ***** made. Like I said earlier he's a human Jar Jar Binks with actual distasteful character flaws. It wouldn't be an issue if there was room for ONE additional black actor in the story.

Like I also said previously, the half assed diversity facade you mention really only makes it more insulting, but you bring that up like you think black people should be grateful to Hollywood for that or something. :lol:

****** writing doesn't excuse the fact that they made the only black character in the trilogy's first two films a joke and a laughing stock.

Poor writing and demeaning casting roles aside, I still enjoyed the movie, I didn't think it was awful by any means.

Last edited:
The fact you have an assumption on the color of my skin because I disagree that what you're saying is a big deal.........,
But now I guess I'm feeding into what you wanted out of your comment in the first place so i'll stop responding to this .............................................
..now.

Yea Zik, I know the gravitational pull thing is super far fetched.

To the question I had when I first joined this thread.
Was Snoke suppose to be the Supreme leader of the universe pretty much?
They also said in the movie that his ship wasn't the only one of it's kind. Meaning there are generals on another ship somewhere... Will we see more later perhaps. How vast is the empire?

Back
Top Bottom