Did you like The Last Jedi?

• Yes

Votes: 68 71.6%
  • Yes

Votes: 27 28.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
All y’all complaining about the ending

Luke had been disconnected with the force for a long time. He comes back and immediately uncovers and uses one of the strongest force powers we’ve ever seen from the light side of the force.. imagine sitting on a couch for a year straight and then having to lift 800lbs to save someone’s life.

sure, that context makes sense but you actually gotta set that up and make it clear in the movie.

they didn't do that.

I still would’ve preferred he be there in person and kill all the bad guys then do a joker laugh.

I dont know why you say its people being picky... There were things not explained. Every complaint of this movie I have heard is backed up by. there being no explanation to why.

That makes any and every movie difficult to cope with...
(again from someone not even well versed in SW franchise) I sat there and thought to myself. well how did this happen....

I dont know why you say its people being picky... There were things not explained. Every complaint of this movie I have heard is backed up by. there being no explanation to why.

That makes any and every movie difficult to cope with...
(again from someone not even well versed in SW franchise) I sat there and thought to myself. well how did this happen....

You mean like people asking how Luke dies and me explaining it above in a Star Wars world, it makes sense?

I agree there are some corny moments / unnecessary things, as well as some things unexplained. But dudes in here wylin saying it’s terrible IMO.

You mean like people asking how Luke dies and me explaining it above in a Star Wars world, it makes sense?

I agree there are some corny moments / unnecessary things, as well as some things unexplained. But dudes in here wylin saying it’s terrible IMO.

I understand what you explained.....but that doesn't mean your fan theory as to why is the right one.
You can't blame people for looking at what you said and still being mad about the movie.. Like your theory is 100% why and they should be satisfied with that answer.
Not to sound harsh. I'm sure you're not the first person to think or theorize that.

Last edited:
I could buy the story Rian gave us IF Rian actually did it the right way...

Have Luke hold the lightsaber and say this was my dads saber. How did you get it?
Have Luke act mystified at Kylos rise to power.
Have Luke actually act like he cares that Han died.
Have Luke actually train Rey instead of witty banter with her.
Have some sort of good bye with Rey before she left to face Kylo.

It was very dismissive. Luke could have still been a hermit and not interested in helping but at least offer some condolences.

Why did Rian color Luke's beard and trim it for the final showdown? That made no sense.

What was the point in even dressing him as a jedi if he's since abandoned the force???

Last edited:
It makes no sense what Luke did. None of the force powers in this movie made any sense. Smoke being able to randomly connect Kylo and Rey (if he was even doing that). Then being able to do it themselves once he died. Luke doing astral projection light years away. These powers make no sense in the overarching principles of what Jedi and Sith are.

And relativity.

These sort of grandiose powers are available to them but Rey and Kylo combined can’t easily snuff out a few guards?

They tried to make this movie have a comedic appeal to it that disrespected the seriousness of what this saga is about. They used twists and liberties with the force that they had no business doing. It’s not just that this was a bad movie. It’s that this movie destroys the legacy of what Jedi and Sith and Star Wars in general is and was. That’s inexcusable.

And they did it for the almighty dollar. Go capitalism.

Snoke's creation of the Reylo bond and Leia's Superman moment to me are the only questionable Force-related moments.

I hated the fact that Luke's astral projection was just a plot device to facilitate his death, but at the same time the depiction of the ability and Luke's masterful demonstration of the Force in general makes me love it.

At some point yall gotta accept that unless it creates a drastic inconsistency or plot-hole, magical powers in fiction will from time to time pull some **** you weren't expecting.

When Luke walked out I legit got excited. I thought he was going to light up his light saber and destroy all those at ats.

The hell.

Might as well had a porg walk out with a light saber taped to his back.

Snoke's creation of the Reylo bond and Leia's Superman moment to me are the only questionable Force-related moments.

I hated the fact that Luke's astral projection was just a plot device to facilitate his death, but at the same time the depiction of the ability and Luke's masterful demonstration of the Force in general makes me love it.

At some point yall gotta accept that unless it creates a drastic inconsistency or plot-hole, magical powers in fiction will from time to time pull some **** you weren't expecting.

okay.

can you give examples of other series doing this but we let it slide?

im seriously asking. i cant think of any but i could be biased.

like, i cant remember say the Harry Potter series doing this. but i DO remember that Transformers teleportation scene the was criticized heavily.

Perfect example. Harry Potter through allllllll those movies never goes this drastically outside what the realm of the magic world is. In one movie alone we have walking through space, astral projection, light year mind meld and others I can’t remember off the top.

Just saw it. Underwhelmed.
The Leaia floating scene made me want to stop watching 10 minutes into the movie.
How much are they going to try rehashing **** that happens in the old movies?

Struggling to get into this trilogy so far. Rey just isn't that interesting to me and Finn is useless.

Last edited:
So, what could happen going forward? Poe becomes the leader of the Resistance? Or Finn (Hopefully Rose dies)? Rey sacrifices herself to defeat Kylo? Maybe Kylo defeats the Resistance and First Order take over the galaxy which spills into Rian's trilogy? BB-8 takes command of a First Order Destroyer and crashes it into a planet or into another Destroyer and becomes a martyr? Che inspired BB-8 t-shirts become all the rage in the galaxy? At this point, I'm half expecting BB-8 to wield a lightsaber and fight Kylo himself.

That was actually quite brilliant. Would be a totally unexpected ending. Lead to Next Trilogy.
Let's see how Darth EMO commands.

7c8a24c01452548802dd4acc286df04e.gif

That was actually quite brilliant. Would be a totally unexpected ending. Lead to Next Trilogy.
Let's see how Darth EMO commands.

7c8a24c01452548802dd4acc286df04e.gif

That SNL sketch is the best part about this new trilogy honestly...Also I'm like 90% sure that the shirtless Kylo scene in TLJ was to show that he was totally ripped with an 8 pack :lol:...

Last edited:
It wasn't AS bad the 2nd time around but I'm still not in love with it. When I left the theatre the frst time I watched TFA, I left feeling good about the movie and excited for the next one. TLJ just didn't give off that vibe. It was like "well, ok, hmmm guess I'll just wait another 2 years." Guy in the row in front of me tonight was obviously his first time seeing it. He threw his hands up in disgust at all the scenes I hated when I watched it first lol. He kept leaning over towards his buddy and saying "wtf is that man??"

It wasn't AS bad the 2nd time around but I'm still not in love with it. When I left the theatre the frst time I watched TFA, I left feeling good about the movie and excited for the next one. TLJ just didn't give off that vibe. It was like "well, ok, hmmm guess I'll just wait another 2 years." Guy in the row in front of me tonight was obviously his first time seeing it. He threw his hands up in disgust at all the scenes I hated when I watched it first lol. He kept leaning over towards his buddy and saying "wtf is that man??"

:lol: mentally I was doing all the same ****. I hate doing anything distracting in a theater.

that shirtless Kylo scene reminded me of that pedo director that was always looking for an excuse to show shirtless adolescent boys on film, (Powder, Jeepers Creepers 2)

just seemed so out of place

Back
Top Bottom