Star Wars Universe Thread: May The 4th Be With You

Did you like The Last Jedi?

• Yes

Votes: 68 71.6%
  • Yes

Votes: 27 28.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It opens the door to all ppl strong in the force to start doing a version of this:

giphy.gif

yeah i don't agree.

super legendary jedi bloodline floating for 40 seconds in zero g not going to turn this into dbz.

its zero g, if you can force jump you can move in zero g.

you can lift heavy object that are being held down by the force of gravity, but moving a small woman at like 3 mph in zero g is out of the question?

imo yall nuh mek sense, as my toronto people would say.

yeah i don't agree.

super legendary jedi bloodline floating for 40 seconds in zero g not going to turn this into dbz.

its zero g, if you can force jump you can move in zero g.
I can see it eventually. Poe shoots Kylo at point black range in a dog fight, Kylo is seen floating in the debris and pops his light saber and charges against the rebel fighters :lol:

Plus I said it before you can't have it both ways. You can't have Luke in this movie stress the force is not only for Jedi but belongs to everyone, and then make the force a bloodline based thing where Leia can Marry Poppins herself in the vacuum of space. It being zero g isn't the issue :lol:

giphy.gif

Plus I said it before you can't have it both ways. You can't have Luke in this movie stress the force is not only for Jedi but belongs to everyone, and then make the force a bloodline based thing where Leia can Marry Poppins herself in the vacuum of space.

i thought the force exists around and between everyone/everything...but only Jedis can manipulate it?

I can see it eventually. Poe shoots Kylo at point black range in a dog fight, Kylo is seen floating in the debris and pops his light saber and charges against the rebel fighters :lol:

Plus I said it before you can't have it both ways. You can't have Luke in this movie stress the force is not only for Jedi but belongs to everyone, and then make the force a bloodline based thing where Leia can Marry Poppins herself in the vacuum of space. It being zero g isn't the issue :lol:

giphy.gif
ax

Nah. Sayin the jedi don't "own the force" doesn't mean there aren't people who are more force sensitive than others.

I took that as meaning Jedi bureaucracy is not "the force"

i thought the force exists around and between everyone/everything...but only Jedis can manipulate it?
Clearly not only Jedi can manipulate.

Rey was profiecent in the force without any Jedi training. And as far as I'm concerned she received no training in TLJ. Luke only tells her to focus on the force to get a better understanding of what it is.

Snoke as far as we know is neither Jedi or Sith.

With him and some of what Luke says, I really thought we were heading towards the non-Jedi or Sith force users that make use of the dark and light side. Cuz its only natural when you look at the 2 extremes of the Sith and Jedi.

The force exists, force senstive people exists.

my impression is luc was trying to say just because the "Jedi Order" as we have traditionally known it isn't around, doesn't mean the force dispears.

the force is always there, regardless if there are jedi or not, and force senstitive people could prsumbly tap into it without like the massive jedi bureaucracy we see in the prequels.

Clearly not only Jedi can manipulate.

Rey was profiecent in the force without any Jedi training. And as far as I'm concerned she received no training in TLJ. Luke only tells her to focus on the force to get a better understanding of what it is.

Snoke as far as we know is neither Jedi or Sith.

With him and some of what Luke says, I really thought we were heading towards the non-Jedi or Sith force users that make use of the dark and light side. Cuz its only natural when you look at the 2 extremes of the Sith and Jedi.

sure...i meant in the context of the statement that the Jedi dying does not mean the force dies.

the force exists for everyone and is constant, but only few can manipulate it. but i always thought that was obvious since "regular" people are always saying, "may the force be with you..."

The jedi is a religious sect, the sith was, too. With them having different ideas about how the force should be used, I took that to mean it isn't a sith or jedis only thing, they just guide on how to use and trained accordingly.

I'm merely talking about introducing a character like Rey as opposed to ppl constantly talking about Skywalker lineage.

Then you have a kid casually using the force in the end.

I thought the message was clear just going off the previous title of the force "awakens" to The Last Jedi that they're doing away with any notion of one lineage being particularly strong in the force with no training.

In my eyes the force awakened in Rey, and Luke was the last Jedi until he changed his mind. In the end, we still know nothing about lineage from anyone but Kylo, Leia, and luke. Oh, and chewie. The next movie could either be filled with hella twists, or hella disappointment. I can't really judge the decisions in this movie till it all plays out.

Unless we're supposed to believe a manipulative 30 year old teen with jealousy and anger issues trying to take over the galaxy.

My second biggest gripe

Is Ben "conflicted" Solo, AKA Kylo "screaming >> military tactics" Ren really ruling the most powerful political/military entity in the Star Wars galaxy?

As far as I'm concerned the focal point is kylo Ren...who is a Skywalker.

1.) he’s a Skywalker by blood relation, but on his mother’s side so he’s a “Solo”

2.) He’s the antagonist.

Who is the main character who has the last name Skywalker?

Kylo is a good character but his “confliction” has been handled poorly and makes him come across as less menacing and more whiny.

Make Rey his cousin or dammit even his sister and let’s get some family jealousy going. Let’s take from the royal family for inspiration. Show how far Kylo is willing to go to be aire apparent to the chosen one and be disgusted by the light in his family...

...wait, no? Y’all want to give us a space Romeo and Juliet? Um, yeah I’m out. Check please!

My second biggest gripe

Is Ben "conflicted" Solo, AKA Kylo "screaming >> military tactics" Ren really ruling the most powerful political/military entity in the Star Wars galaxy?

He’s the biggest bish in the galaxy. Snoke making fun of him for wearing the helmet was great and then the scene of beta ben in the elevator breaking his helmet.

he was compelling until

-he keeps finding ways to not wear the mask
-not a lot of lightsaber action IMO
-not a sith and even if he was, not a lot of comp to use sith stuff on
-really whiny
-by taking away his master so quickly it ruins the complexity of the character IMO
-feels like they rushed a potential great way for the story to unfold once they decide on what this story is seeing as it doesn't seem like they have so far given episode 8...
-they could have had him take care of han in a cooler/better/less predictable way.

dunno, rey's character is far worse IMO. i really feel like they jumped the shark.

Back
Top Bottom