Did you like The Last Jedi?

• Yes

Votes: 68 71.6%
  • Yes

Votes: 27 28.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
i dunno whats worse

finn (docile, weak, no point in him being there, not the black jedi a lot of us wanted him to be and not the han solo replacement ppl thought he might be. a coward a lot of the time, etc.)
poe (han replacement a lot of us didn't ask for, very clueless, headstrong but for what)
snoke (LOL. please)
rey (forced down our throats as luke's successor but for what...no backstory, no training, no nothing and two movies have went by in a trilogy.)
captain phasma (just as useless as snoke)
leia (its really too bad she passed because a lightsaber scene would have been flames. i really think they should have handled her differently in this movie. have her go out gracefully like in that scene when she should have been killed)
maz kanata (lmao at this cameo in the form of a hologram)
asian lady (i honestly can't remember her name but they shoved her in to have a love interest to what was essentially an extra in this movie???)

all handled very, very poorly.

:rofl: here we go! This movie is a ******* joke man

04351C50-0B64-47B4-BD05-0E4615C98C66.jpeg

We don't even know his damn motives clearly. He is just emo..........sorry "conflicted"

Dude is washed. He has potential but the are dropping the ball with him worst that Anakin Skywalker in the prequels.

His motives seems pretty clear to me...

He's a deeply emotional person trying to live up to hyper masculine ideals.

He uses hyper masculine imagery to hide his fragility.

The fact that he's a roiling pit of adolescent emotional turmoil, the fact that he can't control or blunt his feelings creates this cycle of shame and self abuse, that pushes him to lash out at all the that makes him feel things he doesn't want to. Han, Leia, like ect.

He's a layered an compelling villain, that's really modern. It's not hard to see where kylo fits into to the army of emotionally stunted dude Bros that terrorize women and people of color on the internet.

Imo it's compelling, and Adam driver is KILLING it. The pain and naked desperation when he hits the "please" line to Rey **** is heat rock.

One of my beef with Kylo is that I really don't know what he is so "conflicted" about. Like why was he even seduced by the dark side in the first place?.

Luke says that he thought Kylo was gone, then he thought about killing him, so what was Snoke's angle to get him? Kylo woke up, thinks Luke betrayed him and goes off. Now putting all the plot holes with the Knights of Ren aside, why is he then so pissed at his parents. Because they gave him to Luke? What angle does Snoke have to turn him against them so much. He kills Han, that is suppose to help with his conflict, can't kill Leia for some reason, until the end when he seemingly not conflicted so he comes for her. Even though he was suppose to put all of Snoke's BS in behind him....................BTW, let us have one more Facetime moment regarding this struggle love story even though we explicitly said Snoke was the one who connected their minds, and Snoke is now dead.

And all the dudes defending Rian and calling TFA just a New Hope remix. No matter how much truth there is to it. Let not forget that Rey going to Kylo was a Return of the Jedi remix. But in Return of the Jedi, and at least a son going to try to save his dad makes sense. Rey is going to save Kylo because of some damn face time dates?

Man please.

Luke Skywalker was more interesting than Rey

Anakin Skywalker was more interesting than Kylo

JJ Abrams has to come clean up Rian's story mess.

Last edited:
Kylo is a great character, a compelling, modern and original villain. Y'all are tripping imo.

I liked him until he became less "compelling and conflicted villain" and more "indecisive, childish rage incarnate with unclear motives"

I get hating Luke Skywalker because Luke really did some silly ****. But what exactly was so "dark side" about him in the first place? Son didn't have a dying wife to save, there was no weak Jedi council and deteriorating Republic to become disillusioned with, what's his deal? Where did this boy even meet Snoke in the first place; what the **** did Snoke tell him, and why is he a serial killer and murderer of Innocents but so "compelling" and "lovable"? Saving Rey was the only redeemable thing he's ever done so far and even that was on some selfish "we can rule together" steez.

Adam Driver is a great actor at least; I don't agree with the script but he nails every scene he's in. His facial expressions tell the story without the need for dialogue.

Last edited:
His motives seems pretty clear to me...

He's a deeply emotional person trying to live up to hyper masculine ideals.

He uses hyper masculine imagery to hide his fragility.

The fact that he's a roiling pit of adolescent emotional turmoil, the fact that he can't control or blunt his feelings creates this cycle of shame and self abuse, that pushes him to lash out at all the that makes him feel things he doesn't want to. Han, Leia, like ect.

He's a layered an compelling villain, that's really modern. It's not hard to see where kylo fits into to the army of emotionally stunted dude Bros that terrorize women and people of color on the internet.

Imo it's compelling, and Adam driver is KILLING it. The pain and naked desperation when he hits the "please" line to Rey **** is heat rock.
Famb, so sound like Ninja talking about Trump. Excusing his nonsense as something deep and complex

It is a damn Space Opera. Give a character some sort of clear motive, some direction. Then you can build around that.

That’s probably my biggest gripe with this film is that we have NO reason to root for Rey or follow her. Why is she even helping the resistance??? She has romantic feelings for the guy that killed her friend a day ago????

Check please!

Wha
Famb, so sound like Ninja talking about Trump. Excusing his nonsense as something deep and complex

It is a damn Space Opera. Give a character some sort of clear motive, some direction. Then you can build around that.

I don't have no problem with Rian Johnson trying to bring some emotional complexity/nuance. We can't just run it back on the old themes. That'd be borring.

Seems quite clear to me. He hates himself. He's destroying the parts of himself he hates, the parts of himself he views as weakness. Han, Leia, all representations of the lingering emotional weakness he still has.

He literally talks about how he hates that he needs them.

In order for to self actualize he's gotta bring the past down. He says it in the danm movie. :lol:

All pretty clear direction wise.

I'll give credit for Rey, she's just a dumb lonely kid from nowhere who doesn't understand why she has all these freaky powers and found a kindred spirit in Ben. Their souls have basically had intercourse on two different occasions :lol:.

Her connection to the conflict as a whole, however, is shaky at best. The First Order really never did anything to her; it was a lot of "wrong place, wrong time".

Actually, her only motivation for wanting to destroy the First Order is due to atrocities committed by her boyfriend Kylo Ren specifically :lol:

Kylo sucks. I’m not interested in his character at all. He’s laughable as a villain. This trilogy is looking real weak right now. Rogue One might be the best thing to come out of this whole Disney deal.

TLJ has definitely cooled any interest I may have had in the upcoming Han movie.

Man can y'all imagine waking up as a teen in the middle of the night with your uncle who is also your Sunday school teacher standing over you with a raised axe? :rofl:

Kylo sucks. I’m not interested in his character at all. He’s laughable as a villain. This trilogy is looking real weak right now. Rogue One might be the best thing to come out of this whole Disney deal.

TLJ has definitely cooled any interest I may have had in the upcoming Han movie.

Is he even Han and Leia’s kid? He has to be adopted. Doesn’t resemble either of them.

I don't think they are doing away with anything.

Skywalkers are strong with the force, rey is strong with the force.
Skywalkers are dead. They effectively killed off the line.

Unfortunately Carrie passed before IX but clearly Leia is going to die or be tucked away.

And given the type of director JJ is I fully expect Kylo to die. Hell if he doesn't ignore what Rian did with themes Kylo will finally get over his hangups and kill Leia then die facing Rey.

Then in Rian's trilogy I'm pretty sure starting anew he's going to have a group of ppl strong with the force with no connections to previous Jedi or Sith and if it lasts they won't have kids that happen to luck out the same way.

Dude talked about TLJ being a vehicle for the SW franchise to develop and grow via killing off the Skywalkers and a lot of things that were thought to be thw case or assumed.

Don't be surprised if JJ has Finn randomly tap in to the force or Poe or for him to spring Land's daughter on us or something :lol:

Wha

I don't have no problem with Rian Johnson trying to bring some emotional complexity/nuance. We can't just run it back on the old themes. That'd be borring.

Seems quite clear to me. He hates himself. He's destroying the parts of himself he hates, the parts of himself he views as weakness. Han, Leia, all representations of the lingering emotional weakness he still has.

He literally talks about how he hates that he needs them.

In order for to self actualize he's gotta bring the past down. He says it in the danm movie. :lol:

All pretty clear direction wise.

I am not asking why Rian didn't stick to old Star Wars themes.

I am asking why his story seems so muddled for a straight forward Space Opera.

If you were in the gaming thread, you would know I have nearly the same objections regarding want happen to the story of Halo.

But all the other rewriting of lore aside, putting the plot holes aside, I am asking for basic straight word story telling basics.

And you response to me wondering why the story is not coherent enough is basically "well dude, Kylo is so complex"

C'mon famb. You defense to the plot problems is Kylo is on a journey of self actualization.Then let him go park his *** under a bodhi tree. Even so, Anakain Skywalker had a journey of self actualization, and they still gave him a clear motive for turning to the dark side.

-So what then, Rey is where just to serve as a love interest for Kylo? Really?

And he is planning on bring down the past by........being the leader of the Empire and trying to squash the rebellion. Just like Sidious, and just like Snoke. Oh wow, so original.

One last thing about Kylo's whole journey of self actualization. Since you like to talk about this whole new fresh direction. This journey that drives him to kill his Master, take control, and try to rule how he wants with the woman he wants. I remember hearing that in Star Wars before............

Kylo is a great character, a compelling, modern and original villain. Y'all are tripping imo.
Kylo is completely uncompelling and boring.

Son is prequel Anakin lite. I find it a shame what little Adam Driver has to work with. Reminds me of how Nolan squandered Bale's talent in his Bat trilogy compared to Bale in The Prestige.

Last edited:
I am not asking why Rian didn't stick to old Star Wars themes.

I am asking why his story seems so muddled for a straight forward Space Opera.

If you were in the gaming thread, you would know I have nearly the same objections regarding want happen to the story of Halo.

But all the other rewriting of lore aside, putting the plot holes aside, I am asking for basic straight word story telling basics.

And you response to me wondering why the story is not coherent enough is basically "well dude, Kylo is so complex"

C'mon famb. You defense to the plot problems is Kylo is on a journey of self actualization.Then let him go park his *** under a bodhi tree. Even so, Anakain Skywalker had a journey of self actualization, and they still gave him a clear motive for turning to the dark side.

-So what then, Rey is where just to serve as a love interest? He is gonna bring down the past by........being the leader of the Empire and trying to squash the rebellion. Just like Sidious, and just like Snoke. Oh wow, so original.

And about Kylo's whole journey of self actualization that drives him to kill his Master, take control and rule how he wants with the woman he wants. I remember hearing that in Star Wars before............

again i don't know what about it isn't clear. sorry you had so much trouble following it, but it seemed crystal clear to me.

there are parts of the movie that are unclear and muddled, but nothing about Kylo-Rey stuff is imo.

anakin and Kylo have different motivations imo, but obviously they become sith so it leads to the same ends.

The kylo-Ren stuff, and luke is the only part of the movie that is crystal clear. imo

holdo, poe stuff is nonsense

Finn - Rose plot is poppy cock.

but the kylo-rey-luke stuff I found to be really clear effective story telling imo.

Back
Top Bottom