Star Wars Universe Thread: May The 4th Be With You

Did you like The Last Jedi?

• Yes

Votes: 68 71.6%
  • Yes

Votes: 27 28.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It's starting to sound like your mad some people enjoyed the movie. I get your pissed, with some valid points, but at what point do we stop banging our heads against brick walls? There are no facts in opinions.

You guys sound ridiculous. :lol:

Disney loves Rian and everything he did. They have an eleven person panel that all stories/storylines go thru for canon purposes. We have lames in this thread actin like he wrote the script on a napkin and shot the film without approval. :rofl:

They gave him a trilogy BEFORE they even released the film to the public, but they had already seen the film themselves. Production issues with Rogue and the Solo films, but not one single issue with TLJ. They are 100% behind Rian.

But you people need one liners to explain growth over 30+ years. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

We have clowns proclaiming Star Wars is done, Rian is a hack, Disney has no overall larger "plan" and they're on pace for 650+ million domestic and half a dozen more films in the forecast. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Your excessive smileys don't cover up your emotional attachment to this discussion. Join da sith b. Kill da past.

Nor do they help to paint detractors of TLJ, who in my experience are offrering sound arguments and crticism, as irrational crybabies and "clowns"

Name-calling don't help nothing either b.

I'm a sensitive man. Don't diss me when I think hard and write some **** up. It's art criticism. I could be getting paid to do this or something but I'm posting it free on NT for people to read.

You hurting my feelings son

It's 2018 next week and I'm reading people confused how a character developed over 30 years without one sentence explanations.

Thirty. Years.

Y'all thought Leia hibernated for 3 decades or some ****? You can't understand how she grew, at all?

You all seem to believe/grasp/understand that Luke became a tremendous Jedi master, but can't grasp how his sister developed over 30 years? You really need help with the concept? :lol:

Your excessive smileys don't cover up your emotional attachment to this discussion. Join da sith b. Kill da past.

Nor do they help to paint detractors of TLJ, who in my experience are offrering sound arguments and crticism, as irrational crybabies and "clowns"

Name-calling don't help nothing either b.

I'm a sensitive man. Don't diss me when I think hard and write some **** up. It's art criticism. I could be getting paid to do this or something but I'm posting it free on NT for people to read.

You hurting my feelings son

You'll live. I promise.

It's 2018 next week and I'm reading people confused how a character developed over 30 years without one sentence explanations.

Thirty. Years.

Y'all thought Leia hibernated for 3 decades or some ****? You can't understand how she grew, at all?

You all seem to believe/grasp/understand that Luke became a tremendous Jedi master, but can't grasp how his sister developed over 30 years? You really need help with the concept? :lol:

What is with all the implications and assumptions. SHOW US SOMETHING!! Stop trying to coddle this trash *** excuse for a Star Wars film.

Identify the wacky hypothetical compliants
Molesto luke. The rest isn't so much about the movie, but how it was made and written. The intent to kill the franchise, the unfounded assumptions, in either direction, mind you, when it's obvious the story isn't done being told. The idea everyone has to hate the movie or they sleep is probably the biggest gripe I have.

What is with all the implications and assumptions. SHOW US SOMETHING!! Stop trying to coddle this trash *** excuse for a Star Wars film.

I'm not. This film was really, really good.

It certainly had some strange moments, like the blue milk scene, or Phasma and the guards walking thru smoke when they were right next to Finn, but none of that ruins the film at all. Everything else has reason and purpose. It was all vetted thru Disney's 11 person storyline group, fully approved. Fully backed.

You (and others like you) didn't get what you wanted, which I understand as a person who loathed the prequels. But that story was told to us beforehand. This one is not. This is new ground, new untold stories. My complaints on the prequels had to do with a story we were told, and the films not matching up to that story.

This, is not that. This is really well done work with some minor flawed moments.

Molesto luke. The rest isn't so much about the movie, but how it was made and written. The intent to kill the franchise, the unfounded assumptions, in either direction, mind you, when it's obvious the story isn't done being told. The idea everyone has to hate the movie or they sleep is probably the biggest gripe I have.

So what do you call an adult sneaking into a child’s room late at night while they sleep and trying to fight the urge to succumb to impure thoughts?

Y’all are sleep. And the merits to stand on for why this film isn’t garbage is dwindling. No one is giving actual reasoning as to why the most egregious plot points are happening. The complaints just get louder and louder. No one has any reasoning for why Luke Skywalker’s whole characterization changed other than “use your imagination, it happens off screen”. Y’all get outta here.

Why the **** do I have to assume Leia was trained as a Jedi lol

What exactly has she done on-screen to precipitate the fact that I should accept her flying through space?

In what way has she used these amazing and hitherto unseen powers to assist the effort against the First Order?

Last edited:
I'm not. This film was really, really good.

It certainly had some strange moments, like the blue milk scene, or Phasma and the guards walking thru smoke when they were right next to Finn, but none of that ruins the film at all. Everything else has reason and purpose. It was all vetted thru Disney's 11 person storyline group, fully approved. Fully backed.

You (and others like you) didn't get what you wanted, which I understand as a person who loathed the prequels. But that story was told to us beforehand. This one is not. This is new ground, new untold stories. My complaints on the prequels had to do with a story we were told, and the films not matching up to that story.

This, is not that. This is really well done work with some minor flawed moments.

You see this is where you’re wrong. My problem with this film isn’t the choices that were made and how it doesn’t line up with mine. It’s the fact that the choices that were made, have absolutely no conviction and no purpose other than being unexpected. Snoke died, Kylo and Rey fought together......only for Kylo to still be bad and Rey to still be good. The resistance had hope to win the battle for the galaxy by finding Luke Skywalker, the legend that disappeared. Luke Skywalker reappears and becomes a legend again....and then disappears.....and now the resistance have hope to win the battle of the galaxy.

Y’all are crazy.

I would call that cold blooded, and he couldn't bring himself to go through with it. I think where we differ is I wouldn't think he was going to do that, but actually kill him after he saw what Kylo was capable of doing by looking into his heart or mind or whatever when he was sleeping. But he still could not do it. I'm here cause I like star wars, did I need to ask anyone to stay? My bad, I missed the ticket booth on the way in here.

Why the **** do I have to assume Leia was trained as a Jedi lol

What exactly has she done on-screen to precitipate the fact that I should accept her flying through space?

In what way has she used these amazing and hitherto unseen powers to assist the effort against the First Order?

Like fam these dudes are going crazy in here. Princess Leia supposedly was trained with Jedi skills and we the audience are not only devoid of seeing any type of training montage or any of the sort but we can’t even have it mentioned either. So we as viewers essentially have to use the force to have this movie make sense :lol: FOH Disney killed Star Wars and y’all don’t know how to grive so y’all are still in the denial stage while the rest of us are in anger.

I would call that cold blooded, and he couldn't bring himself to go through with it. I think where we differ is I wouldn't think he was going to do that, but actually kill him after he saw what Kylo was capable of doing by looking into his heart or mind or whatever when he was sleeping. But he still could not do it. I'm here cause I like star wars, did I need to ask anyone to stay? My bad, I missed the ticket booth on the way in here.

And see that where I feel like you’re misunderstanding me. Luke was definitively there to contemplate killing Kylo but in the real world your uncle doesn’t disappear from his family and feel shame because his Jedi temple got destroyed. Let’s say this film were set on earth and not made by Disney and it were still meant to be a film about a family soap opera. The uncle sneaking into his nephew’s room while he was asleep, fighting impure thoughts while in the nephews room, scarring his nephew for life and nothing else were said, what would that imply?

And I meant “get outta here” as a figure of speech. You’re more than welcome to be in this thread. We’re arguing over laser swords and super powers at the end of the day.

*sheesh*

that serious, it is not.

ive never been a big Star Wars guy anyway, i just love anything scifi

Marvel is riding high and February is right around the corner, cant wait to see Black Panther

Holy crap it’s incrdibly negative in this thread.... Ya’ll coming off like deplorables in here with all this negativity... :smh:

So what do you call an adult sneaking into a child’s room late at night while they sleep and trying to fight the urge to succumb to impure thoughts?

Y’all are sleep. And the merits to stand on for why this film isn’t garbage is dwindling. No one is giving actual reasoning as to why the most egregious plot points are happening. The complaints just get louder and louder. No one has any reasoning for why Luke Skywalker’s whole characterization changed other than “use your imagination, it happens off screen”. Y’all get outta here.

Y'all irrationality making me defend a movie I have a pretty big problems with it.

Ditto. Very good point.
Now having that said:

-dude your continuous Luke Sandusky references really are something else. Your Hero said he wanted to kill him and Kylo remembers Luke with murderous intent. Can you accept that reason?

Again
"-A lot of the things you are questioning or want to see would have been before TFA. Hopefully books and later movies might bring those events to light."

Finally I really wonder what would happen if at the end of these Sequels:
-one of the new major 4 dies or
-no Kylo redemption and/or Rey crosses over or
-First Order completely takes over

LrL5QL7.gif

"Master of the Knights of Ren-" you know what, NVM

"WHAT GIRL-" Actually, forget it

"Who's the girl-" You know what, forget we said anything about that

Deliberate shot of Han looking gulity as Rey talks about growing up alone--nah W/E

"Wait, come back!" *Yelled at spaceship flying off into space*
NVM, parents were broke and penniless scrappers who sold Rey for booze money.....booze that could only be found IN SPACE

Who is Snoke? How did he seduce Kylo Ren? What is his connection to Leia and Han--actually forget all that Snoke dead

Back
Top Bottom