Star Wars Universe Thread: May The 4th Be With You

Did you like The Last Jedi?

• Yes

Votes: 68 71.6%
  • Yes

Votes: 27 28.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Could someone answer this question for me? Is Star Wars trying to pander to feminist with the release of the new movies? It seems to me that they are but maybe I'm overanalyzing.

Could someone answer this question for me? Is Star Wars trying to pander to feminist with the release of the new movies? It seems to me that they are but maybe I'm overanalyzing.
I don't know about pander to feminists. But I do think it was a strategic move to make the new lead a young female girl and another woman in Rogue one. You're already going to get men and die hard Star Wars fans to see your movie. But now you can open it up to a new avenue with women. You can now do more clothing, toys give Rey the Disney princess treatment etc.

Last edited:
I mean dropping the directors this deep into shooting, not a good look. But I mean it's Disney and they haven't really failed yet with SW/Marvel so we should be good... I hope.

I mean dropping the directors this deep into shooting, not a good look. But I mean it's Disney and they haven't really failed yet with SW/Marvel so we should be good... I hope.
I think failure is the wrong way to look at it. They probably will end up putting out a safe movie that Kasdan likes. But this also was a tougher sell than the other stuff

But with the directors dropping now, either it means that the last 4 months are going to be scrapped and the new director will shoot it over again, or they will try and finish it off, go into post and maybe hack stuff togetHer and then have a bunch of reshoots later. It ain't making that May 2018 date tho

That report makes sense, but even with being optimistic, losing your directors this close to the end of shooting is a terrible look for the movie. Lord and Miller were the primary reasons I was excited about this movie, and I was looking for their own style and pont of view. Clearly, Lucasfilm was not liking the direction they were going, but it's pretty disappointing.

This is crazy. I wonder how different the change will be with the next director?

Haven't really cared for anything about this movie yet, so it is what it is to me. I'll wait for a trailer to make me feel otherwise.

I liked Rogue One (hated Ep 7) but I have to say I'm not overly optimistic about the future of the franchise under Kathleen. Production issues, questionable directional choices, obvious feminist agenda, ect. It's SOOOOO clearly about money now. 

I'm not even the biggest Lord/Miller fan but to have something like this happen this late into production is unprecedented. I' m excited about Last Jedi because Rian Johnson is worlds better than anyone else involved in the franchise, but after that....

Can't have comedy in Star wars world I guess. Hire the guys from 21 jump Street then be mad when they want to incorporate some of those elements. These films will be as bleh as 7 for years.

And do some of y'all know what a feminist is? Making it seem like it's this evil overbearing push.

"the advocacy of women's rights on the basis of the equality of the sexes"

That's it, not welcoming your new female overlords.

I liked Rogue One (hated Ep 7) but I have to say I'm not overly optimistic about the future of the franchise under Kathleen. Production issues, questionable directional choices, obvious feminist agenda, ect. It's SOOOOO clearly about money now. 

I'm not even the biggest Lord/Miller fan but to have something like this happen this late into production is unprecedented. I' m excited about Last Jedi because Rian Johnson is worlds better than anyone else involved in the franchise, but after that....

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Haven't really cared for anything about this movie yet, so it is what it is to me. I'll wait for a trailer to make me feel otherwise.

Ron Howard in talks to direct #StarWars Han Solo spinoff after directors Phil Lord and Chris Miller were fired https://t.co/zke1rL7X2C pic.twitter.com/sneGuXZSOS
— Variety (@Variety)

June 21, 2017

Richie Cunningham might be the one guy who can save this film...

And this is where I start to retract my previous statement :lol: I mess with the Cunningham's, be it Randall or Richie.

Last edited:
makes no sense

han solo should be filled with comedy

and ron howard? hes gonna come in and become a yes maam director?

makes no sense

NT has a real problem with women on here. It's ******* shameful.

Back
Top Bottom