• Yes

Votes: 68 71.6%
  • Yes

Votes: 27 28.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
TLJ is a full on comedy. Fully expect Seth Rogan to be Broom boy in episode 9

D15B387E-B4BF-432D-96AF-AAAE88D55247.jpeg

BOMM podcast gave a really nice through breakdown of the film. Had the guy who voices Kanan from Rebels on there. He mentioned a crazy point, which I totally forgot (or just didn’t pay attention to because Rebels is kinda weak to me), using the Force in space is already canon. Kanan used it in a episode...

BOMM podcast gave a really nice through breakdown of the film. Had the guy who voices Kanan from Rebels on there. He mentioned a crazy point, which I totally forgot (or just didn’t pay attention to because Rebels is kinda weak to me), using the Force in space is already canon. Kanan used it in a episode...

:wink:

Most of these Luke fans don't care about anything else in the franchise. "Movies only"

^you the one who told us to follow only the movies. Since the Luke people wanted was only in the EU books.
Don't jump on his post like you knew that information this whole time and you brought it up before. As far as I've seen the last 2 weeks you haven't.

I did too. Funny how most critics love TLJ and most fans don't and it's the inverse for Bright, critics hate the ****ing movie and watchers seem to like it a lot.
I got my issues with the movie as well though, mostly in fleshing out the world. It gives you all these nice little tidbits about the world but barely expands on any of them.
Would have vastly preferred it as a book series because while the action was alright I really would've like more narrative and exposition explaining how the world got to the point it was at in the movie. The end was weak too. The villain was utterly disappointing. You dont take Noomi Rapace and make her practically a mute robot.
It's a waste of a good actress. I got some more gripes but this aint the Bright thread, it's the Star Wars thread.

Critics are a damn joke that's for sure. Disney right now is so damn huge and too powerful that they can dictate reviews. Bright's a weak AF movie and it was scored appropriately, maybe even too harshly.

I watched Bright with low expectations and was indifferent afterword as the criticisms about it were more or less spot on. Disney on the other hand drops an average, F&F type film to almost universal critical acclaim while the average joe, movie goer clearly sees that it's weak AF.

^you the one who told us to follow only the movies. Since the Luke people wanted was only in the EU books.
Don't jump on his post like you knew that information this whole time and you brought it up before. As far as I've seen the last 2 weeks you haven't.

Dude, what? :lol:

I'm the one who told Lame to read the EU. When did I tell anyone to only follow films? You have me confused with someone else.

I'm the biggest EU fan in this thread. :rofl:

And I didn't bring that up before, but I've seen every episode of Rebels, we talk about it regularly during seasons.

I'm not 'most Luke fans.'

I'm just one.

Just saying, it's not that all... or even most... don't care about anything else; it's that most don't know.

I'm not 'most Luke fans.'

I'm just one.

Just saying, it's not that all... or even most... don't care about anything else; it's that most don't know.
There's no real incentive to read additional Star Wars material because the films are ultimately the only thing considered canon.

There's no real incentive to read additional Star Wars material because the films are ultimately the only thing considered canon.

That’s not true. In fact there are things that people will consider plotholes that are fleshed out more in the books and cartoons. Traditional movie run times and merchandising sort of dictate that.

I shouldn't be required to spend a single additional cent of my hard-earned money on supplemental materials in order to develop a true understanding of the plot of a movie or the motivations of its characters.

That's what I paid to see the damn movie for

Do I need to purchase the novelization of CA Civil War to understand why Tony has become a rigid and shell-shocked control freak or why Cap refuses to back down when he feels something is wrong? Hell, Peter Parker, who is one notch above cameo, is thoroughly fleshed-out on screen and with nary an Uncle Ben mention to be had.

Last edited:
I shouldn't be required to spend a single additional cent of my hard-earned money on supplemental materials in order to develop a true understanding of the plot of a movie or the motivations of its characters.

That's what I paid to see the damn movie for

Do I need to purchase the novelization of CA Civil War to understand why Tony has become a rigid and shell-shocked control freak or why Cap refuses to back down when he feels something is wrong? Hell, Peter Parker, who is one notch above cameo, is thoroughly fleshed-out on screen and with nary an Uncle Ben mention to be had.

You are absolutely right. The 50+ years of comic books involving those exact characters are totally unneeded.

Totally.

People mad that the Luke they got isn't what they fantasized about and hold a grudge forever because of it :smh:

Not everything in SW needs to be like Vader in R1, or an overly wild CGI fight. If Luke showed up for real to face Kylo y'all probably would have complained about how he got there not making any sense :smh:

Back
Top Bottom