Stay/Get Back In Shape.... Vol 2.0

Just ordered from VitaminShoppe:
100% Whey Gold Double Rich Chocolate (5lb)
100% Casein Protein Chocolate Supreme (2lb)
Bodytech Shaker Bottle
For a total of: $66.47 (including shipping)

I think I got a good deal..

2 Questions..
1. Anyone feel as if the ON Whey Protein doesn't digest? For instance, as I started using the the Whey and, I found myself going to the bathroom daily as I used the Whey daily.
nerd.gif

2. I weigh 154 pounds, how much protein do I need to intake daily according to my weight?
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by 40inchBoost

Ive been reading up on that leansaloon blog site and decided to give some of the principles a try today.

I ate my norm breakfast at about 915ish, 3 egg whites/3 whole eggs/ 3 slices costco turkey/ small grapefruit, about 500 cals and ~50 g protein.

I waited to work out until about 230, didnt eat before. The pump i had during the lift was above average. I think maybe the blood was flooding my muscles instead of my stomach to help digesting because i waited to digest that food before i lifted. but i didnt feel #*%#%% or tired working out without eating within 2 hrs before hand.

I got home around 445 and cooked some tilapia and carrots for pwo meal, then just now around 730 i had my second dinner per say of chicken breast and broccoli and avacado.

The intermitent fasting is a strange idea but i have to have breakfast in the morning and I cant change that.

I think this would be ideal to eat around 7 am, workout ~1,2pm then eat dinner around 530-6. I will follow this plan as soon as i get some Xtend to help push aminos to muscles during and after lifting but not actually eating until a couple hours after.
Yeah. Definitely does help get a pump and I feel that I have more energy when I eat less/nothing throughout the day. It's good that you waited that long especially since you had a good deal of fat in the meal and fat takes much longer to digest than carbs and protein. Intermittent fasting focuses on the body's ability to store and use energy other than from food. Plus it helps clean out your system. 
It's basically just another way to restrict calories though. However it's a much easier way to do it because once you start eating for the day, it can go bad really quick. Another thing I noticed was that when I eat throughout the day rather than fast, I crave much more aggressive and strong tastes(really sweet, really spicy, etc.) whereas when I fast, I crave just the right foods(vegetables, proteins, fats, etc.)

Two great sites:

www.theleansaloon.com

www.fitnessblackbook.com

If you look at the guys that run them, you'll see that they're lean as hell and maintain it.

Originally Posted by bLaZ3n

Bodytech Shaker Bottle

2 Questions..
1. Anyone feel as if the ON Whey Protein doesn't digest? For instance, as I started using the the Whey and, I found myself going to the bathroom daily as I used the Whey daily.
nerd.gif

2. I weigh 154 pounds, how much protein do I need to intake daily according to my weight?
nerd.gif
Yeah that's not a bad deal. Without any hookups, the lowest for price for the ON whey is usually $40 and casein is in the mid $20s. the casein only comes in three flavors i believe.

ON whey is some of the best out there. you probably just have the case of protein farts.

depending on your goals, you should aim between 150 - 180 grams of protein a day (roughly 1 gram per lb)

Originally Posted by killaCAM237

I am 5'11 1/2 at about 175-180 lbs. I had been working out pretty strongly and doing cardio in anticipation of spring break/ a heavy week of drinking. I am now back and want to continue to cut and lose fat. I have Optimum Nutrition Pro Complex, Multivitamin and Flax Seed Gels.

I am looking to get a No Explode or White Flood like product for pre-workout, which one is better for me. Any any other tips for in the gym and losing weight would be appreciated.

Thanks.
 think preworkout nitric oxide supplements are a waste of money.

if anything just mix in 3-5grams of creatine, 200-400mg of caffiene powder, some arginine and taurine with some crystal light and you'll get the same effects.

yo i have some questions...

im planning on joining a gym this week and one thing im really concerned about is cardio.due to my car being siezed, i have to walk to work which is 6 miles everyday and if i cant find a ride i walk home which ends up being 12 miles in one day..i just wanna kno is it healthy/safe walking that many miles a day and then runnin 2 or 3 miles on the treadmill?

bLaZ3n wrote:
2 Questions..
nerd.gif

nerd.gif

You should be having daily bowel movements, maybe it's the whey or maybe its because your eating more/more foods with fiber.  

Do any of ya'll ever workout and then eat so much that night that you aren't as hungry the next day? It seems normal I guess, but just feels funny to not have a full appetite.

Originally Posted by d0njaye

Bodytech Shaker Bottle

2 Questions..
nerd.gif

nerd.gif
Yeah that's not a bad deal. Without any hookups, the lowest for price for the ON whey is usually $40 and casein is in the mid $20s. the casein only comes in three flavors i believe.

ON whey is some of the best out there. you probably just have the case of protein farts.

depending on your goals, you should aim between 150 - 180 grams of protein a day (roughly 1 gram per lb)
Thanks for that.. I do not see why people buy from GNC or any other retailer.. VitaminShoppe has much better prices in my opinion, except for when ON Whey went on sale at FitRx(2x5lbs for $60 shipped)..

I need to step it up, I usually only have 1 to 1.5 scoops of Whey daily, on top of the protein I get from my other foods, which is probably only 40-60 grams daily. How should I spread out my shakes daily, how many do you recommend taking daily?
GrimlocK wrote:
bLaZ3n wrote:
2 Questions..
nerd.gif

nerd.gif

You should be having daily bowel movements, maybe it's the whey or maybe its because your eating more/more foods with fiber. 

Thanks, I figured that it had to be because of increased fiber in my diet.. But then again those Protein Farts are no joke..
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by killaCAM237

I am 5'11 1/2 at about 175-180 lbs. I had been working out pretty strongly and doing cardio in anticipation of spring break/ a heavy week of drinking. I am now back and want to continue to cut and lose fat. I have Optimum Nutrition Pro Complex, Multivitamin and Flax Seed Gels.

I am looking to get a No Explode or White Flood like product for pre-workout, which one is better for me. Any any other tips for in the gym and losing weight would be appreciated.

Thanks.
 think preworkout nitric oxide supplements are a waste of money.

if anything just mix in 3-5grams of creatine, 200-400mg of caffiene powder, some arginine and taurine with some crystal light and you'll get the same effects.
OK, so after I use the White Flood I just got, say I'm not happy with it. Is 3-5 grams of creatine what is recommended for an actual creatine cycle? Like If I ordered an entire thing of Creatine is that taking enough a day, or is that only how much you take creatine pre workout. I've never messed with anything but protein and Lipo 6X. This is my first time trying a pre-workout supplement.

Please explain when going on creatine, when is the proper times to use, and about how much. I still want to loose fat and cut though, I don't want to bulk up at all.

Originally Posted by br00klynrebel

k, long story short, me and Whey protein arent friends. Does anyone know about Soy protein Isolate? Thanks in advance.
Get a better quality whey

Ok, I think I'll have to lengthen the story cause i should have expected that kind of response. I tried ON whey for no more than 7 days, within those 7 days i gained 6 lbs. i know thats just NOT healthy so i stopped it. Does anyone know about Soy Protein Isolate?

Its actually less than 1 gram per lb.  Thats a bodybuilding thing that transformed itself into a generalized exercise myth.  Its 1 gram per kg.

Please explain when going on creatine, when is the proper times to use, and about how much. I still want to loose fat and cut though, I don't want to bulk up at all.
Dont take creatine then.  It doesnt fit your goals.

Ok, I think I'll have to lengthen the story cause i should have expected that kind of response. I tried ON whey for no more than 7 days, within those 7 days i gained 6 lbs. i know thats just NOT healthy so i stopped it. Does anyone know about Soy Protein Isolate?

I'm not sure if whey had anything to do with that. It probably had everything to do with hydration though. Maybe variance in scales?
Soy is not good for you in general. I have tofu sticks once a day as a between-meal-meal and even that much soy I'm not comfortable eating.

The concerns on Casin: just man up and drink it. It's great for your sleep-recovery and you don't consume supplements for the pleasure of chocolate rocky road or !%* ever. Eating healthy in general isn't about the PLEASURE of eating. Eat like a health nut for 13 days and on that 14th you will appreciate "society's normal food" so much more.

The concerns on digestive: ON whey is the best. If it;s your first time using protein supplements you will need a couple of days to adjust. The first time I switched up to BSN Truemass I had the most disgusting and frequent bowel movements for three days and then I was back on track. I'm pretty sure it's normal and healthy to have at least 1 if not 2 movements a day. I've trained my 'colon clock' so to speak so it's convenient for me
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Durden7

Its actually less than 1 gram per lb.  Thats a bodybuilding thing that transformed itself into a generalized exercise myth.  Its 1 gram per kg.

i agree with this also....

bodyweight by lb in protein is excessive

so you guys shouldnt feel you need to consume that much....

i dont think ive ever consumed my bodyweight by lb in protein in one day, and im still building muscle

Originally Posted by DaBuddhaWitJays

i dont think ive ever consumed my bodyweight by lb in protein in one day, and im still building muscle
Ok.

Since, I weigh 154 lbs, which is about 69 kg.... How many grams of protein is good for me daily?
nerd.gif

My goals are to put on more muscle mass, to get stronger, and bigger.

Originally Posted by brettTHEjett

I'm not sure if whey had anything to do with that. It probably had everything to do with hydration though. Maybe variance in scales?
Soy is not good for you in general. I have tofu sticks once a day as a between-meal-meal and even that much soy I'm not comfortable eating.

The concerns on Casin: just man up and drink it. It's great for your sleep-recovery and you don't consume supplements for the pleasure of chocolate rocky road or !%* ever. Eating healthy in general isn't about the PLEASURE of eating. Eat like a health nut for 13 days and on that 14th you will appreciate "society's normal food" so much more.

The concerns on digestive: ON whey is the best. If it;s your first time using protein supplements you will need a couple of days to adjust. The first time I switched up to BSN Truemass I had the most disgusting and frequent bowel movements for three days and then I was back on track. I'm pretty sure it's normal and healthy to have at least 1 if not 2 movements a day. I've trained my 'colon clock' so to speak so it's convenient for me
laugh.gif
Eating healthy doesn't mean that you can't eat "normal food" atleast once in a while. Many people who get into fitness make the mistake of shunning/repressing the desire to eat what their friends/family eat because they think that it's not right or enjoying themselves will cut back from what they want with their body. Sure, some healthy foods taste horrible, but then you don't really need to eat them then because of the variety of foods available on this planet. Especially supplements. Another thing is when you start eating more natural foods and fewer sweet/aggressive foods, you'll learn to appreciate the taste of real food. Sugar dulls taste buds and many people can't enjoy a simple meal because of it. Today when I was eating, I ate slow and enjoyed the flavor of what I was eating. You appreciate it more and it brings you in touch with nature(atleast for me).
The main difference between 'healthy' diets and 'unhealthy' diets for the most part is the inclusion of nutrients that are otherwised missed by uninterested people. Vitamins, minerals, macronutrients, etc. and the manipulation of them is the main difference. Low carb, low fat, high protein, ketogenic, zone, paleo, primal, vegan, raw vegan, etc. etc. are all the same thing. You shouldn't let your diet rule you. Enjoy yourself guys! What's the point of being fit if you never enjoy it?

Ok.

Since, I weigh 154 lbs, which is about 69 kg.... How many grams of protein is good for me daily?
nerd.gif

69g protein a day.
Increase clean caloric intake
make sure you are recovering fully before working out those muscles again (THIS INCLUDES INDIRECTLY i.e. chest on monday and shoulder on tuesday).
If you have $$, use recovery and health supplements such as L-Glutamine, CLA, ZMA, fish oils, Flax seed oils, etc will all help in recovery

I'm in the same boat.. trying to build muscle and get stronger+bigger.
I was in the gym 7 days a week, but it's counter productive if your muscles don't have two full days between stress (workingout).
Make your workouts more intense than usual to increase productivity. and remember that recovery is as important than actually working out

I just like eating protein tho.

Id rather eat chicken, turkey, tilapia etc than to eat potatoes, oats, breads etc

I've had good results eating ~1g/lb bodyweight, not to say that i wouldnt if eating 1g/kg bodyweight, i just prefer to eat protein

Ok.

nerd.gif

80-90 g is fine.

I have a few questions about creatine myself. Let me state that I have never used any creatine. Usually, I just have a pre-workout drink, and a protein shake after. I am pretty lean and I have the definition I want (for the most part) and I want to gain some mass.

Do you guys have any suggestions? I've seen "Size-On" and "C-Bol" on here with good reviews. They are pretty costly though at around $40, my father said it's basically all the same stuff. Is this true, or should I definitely go with the "higher quality" kind?

Originally Posted by ChiefWiggum

I have a few questions about creatine myself. Let me state that I have never used any creatine. Usually, I just have a pre-workout drink, and a protein shake after. I am pretty lean and I have the definition I want (for the most part) and I want to gain some mass.

Do you guys have any suggestions? I've seen "Size-On" and "C-Bol" on here with good reviews. They are pretty costly though at around $40, my father said it's basically all the same stuff. Is this true, or should I definitely go with the "higher quality" kind?
Just go with a regular monohydrate.  It costs the least and is just as effective as anything else.  There really is no such thing as "higher quality" creatine.

Back
Top Bottom