Stay/Get Back In Shape.... Vol 2.0

Originally Posted by Mark Antony

Point me in the direction of a decent straightforward guide to intermittent fasting.

+1

Playlist:
Lamb of god, devil driver, machine head, and all that remains. Any of their albums help
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by 40inchBoost

those interested in IF'ing

http://www.leangains.com/.../04/leangains-guide.html
^^^^ READ THIS LINK.

Sample:

-eat before bedtime at 12am
-wake up and dont eat any food
-eat first meal at 4pm
-eat again at 7pm
-eat again at 10 pm
-eat before bedtime at 12am
-repeat

You basically have an 8-hour window in which you can eat. The author of the website prefers 3-meals, you can eat 2, 4, 5 meals, whatever you want within your eating window.

Obviously you need to be in a caloric deficit to lose fat and in a caloric surplus to gain muscle.

Originally Posted by bijald0331

^I thought this was a good video for people in school/on-the-go. yea, dude does the entire video with his shirt off...
smh.gif
laugh.gif
Heis in pretty great shape for a 49 year old though.
Is this guy serious? This is one of the worst diets ever. Protein powder with every single meal..."I'm gonna eat ________ but it doesnt have enough protein so what I'm gonna do is..." *reaches for protein powder*.
smh.gif

Originally Posted by brettTHEjett

Originally Posted by Hyper Cutter

tired.gif
tired.gif

Can someone "bulk", i.e. gain muscle while on IF?

This guy posted on leangains.com did...

here's him at 170lbs and then he dropped down to 135(no pic available of him at 135):

DSC00371.JPG
and here's him after he IF bulked at 164lbs
June+25,+2010+%281%29.JPG
. He's 5'6 if ur wondering. He didn't go up any pants size too. He stayed pretty lean the whole time he bulked which is pretty dam
pimp.gif

I guess bulking is possible, but the eating window is usually too short for most to eat a huge amount of food. Maintenance is easy, but you'd have to build your way up to eating that much food. IF is more for just weight maintenance. It allows you to maintain/lose body fat fairly easily.

Brett, that's partially why I started it. Taking healthy food to school was just a hassle for me. I opted for the easy(for me) way out. Take something light(almonds, berries, etc.) or nothing at all. IF isn't the only thing though. Check out the Warrior Diet if you want to eat some during the day, but not whole meals. nkwu11, that would be more for you, it seems.

Brett, also, you don't have to wait until 4 pm to eat. I typically start eating around 1 or 2 pm and eat until about 6 pm. Shorter window, but it works for me. I'm used to the short window because the Warrior Diet advocates one as well. I'll probably have to change my eating habits starting next week because I have class from 6 to 9 pm. I'll see what I feel like doing with it, but I know from past experience, I don't like eating late at night.

Just found some old pics of me....gonna post my progress from over the years...and yes, juice free
pimp.gif

Went to a physical therapist in the morning and she said that my trapezius muscles are very over active and don't let my posterior deltoids do @*$@. I got about 2cm space between my scapulas and spine when there should be about 7cm
laugh.gif

My shoulders are also a bit too forward.

Time to start fixing things.

Carlos, just some good quick-meal, absolutely no-hassle suggestions. You're right though. No one should follow that plan to a T. Definitely get some real food in between. I would probably say 3 of the 6 he shows and 2 other "real" meals (w/o protein shakes) would be fine.

I don't know about that not having breakfast thing. The day feels so much more manageable, and no matter what i eat before i go to sleep, i wake up with a powerful hunger.

^is that the same guy posted a looooong time ago who initially only had boob err "pect" implants? What a tool...having the muscles, albeit ones deformed as sin, without having the work or strength or whatever positive consequences that are supposed to come with them.

Speaking of enhancements, it was my first time hearing a conversation regarding steroid usage in the gym today. Funny because it was my first time at a 24 I've never been to, and this 5'8 "200 lb" guy next to me was talking about his cycles and I couldnt help but eavesdrop...couldn't help but conclude he had much to compensate for.

Just started doing close grip bench press in my routine and already noticing the difference in my regular bench. It seems to be a much superior exercise over the pull downs.

I'm back!

Just got back to nyc from a month in ohio, and gotta say it was nice not having to excercise for a month and just taking care of business while having a proper handle on my diet. Probably take next week off as well to start classes and i'll be back at it in the gym.

did I miss anything epic.

Originally Posted by JPioneer

Went to a physical therapist in the morning and she said that my trapezius muscles are very over active and don't let my posterior deltoids do @*$@. I got about 2cm space between my scapulas and spine when there should be about 7cm
laugh.gif

im the exact opposite, my deltoids are wayy too strong compared to my traps, got my shoulder blades stickin out, real annoying
what would be the best exercise for the upper back besides pull-ups?

laugh.gif

im the exact opposite, my deltoids are wayy too strong compared to my traps, got my shoulder blades stickin out, real annoying

Originally Posted by BostonThreeParty

laugh.gif

Shrugs, Lat work, rows, chin ups, just a couple of them

^^ Pulldowns w/ various grips, shrugs, power shrugs, dumbbell shrugs, s/a db row, etc..

I really do not understand what is going on in that video. Is it cgi or some damn thing? There is no way that is how he looks in real life???? explanation?

synthol injections apparently are somwhat common in brazil now?

looks so bad.... i cant fathom him thinking he looks good, let alone flaunting it on youtube

Back
Top Bottom