Stay/Get Back In Shape.... Vol 2.0

Originally Posted by Mark Antony

Is it a rule that progress videos must have gay !#* music?
laugh.gif
 I think I'm gonna use some Tupac - hit em up once I make mine. 

This summer i did a whole lot of cardio( biking running swimming basketball) and lost a good amount of weight ( went form 165-145). I just cant seem to get rid of my gut though. My legs and arms are super skinny now. I want to start building but at the same time lose my gut. I dont really know where to start when it comes to a routine and supplement. I really just want to be lean and thin. Going to join the gym but dont want to go in blind and not know what im doing.

Any suggestions?

This summer i did a whole lot of cardio( biking running swimming basketball) and lost a good amount of weight ( went form 165-145). I just cant seem to get rid of my gut though. My legs and arms are super skinny now. I want to start building but at the same time lose my gut. I dont really know where to start when it comes to a routine and supplement. I really just want to be lean and thin. Going to join the gym but dont want to go in blind and not know what im doing.

Any suggestions?

the whole thread should just be about that thing for now on. Literally, weirdest looking person i've ever seen.
9x1vys4-weirdest-animal-from-madagascar-aye-aye.gif

Originally Posted by Smedroc

Originally Posted by nealraj006

Originally Posted by brettTHEjett

I couldn't believe the effect not eating until 4pm had on me today... each hour felt like torture, especially because I was in three 3hr lectures I didn't want to be in.
By the end of the day I was having a hard time driving home.. traffic was bad enough but the second I got home (coincidentally at 4pm), I ate ate ate and had a huge nap.

I'm going to try this again, although I will slowly phase into it.
I'm thinking for two weeks I consume 8 liquid egg whites and 1/2 cup of my quinoa/oat/egg white mixture in the morning, like a cup of almonds (some chocolate covered) during the day, and a few coffees (w/ creme, sugar) until 4pm. Then slowly ease off that until I'm going w/o any food until 4pm.
You'll adapt. Try going lower carb. The body will learn to handle IF better than eating a standard, higher-carb diet. It's advice that I've heard, but I never actually tried when I started fasting. I think that's a bit too much to have in the morning though. Just my opinion. If/when you feel hungry, eat a piece of fruit, drink some lemon water, or have a few almonds(not too many). Try to limit coffee to just cream or sugar, not both. Do it over time otherwise you may not feel comfortable with it.
As far as the mental aspect, you'll get over it. Just don't think about food. Stay busy.
whats the point of this fasting thing?? not eating till 4 o clock sounds insane to me.
Flexible eating style. Easy to control calories, manage your day, not lug around containers of pre-made food. You don't have to start eating at 4 pm on the dot. I start eating anywhere from 1-3 pm because it fits my schedule.
Brett, keep to one thing and stick with it, like hombrelobo said. But bulking while IF'ing isn't the best thing to do, especially when you've never eaten so much in a short(er) period of time. Keep to it for a few months, see your progress, and adjust from there.

It's not for everyone because different people have different lifestyles, appetites, preferences, etc. 

Here's a few related blog posts from theleansaloon:

http://theleansaloon.com/...sing-weight-permanently/

http://theleansaloon.com/...-fuel-or-how-to-get-fat/

http://theleansaloon.com/...hat-are-you-doing-today/

http://theleansaloon.com/...sting-part-1-the-shakes/

http://theleansaloon.com/...rmittent-is-a-lifestyle/

stop quoting that thing... I dont need to see that +*%@ on an empty stomach hahaha.

"Word. Brett I feel like you change your eating methods too much. Stick to something and run with it. Don't be flippity floppy."

I hear that.. I've just been trying things out to see what works for me. Keeping in mind I am still new to this whole thing. This "IF" looks very attractive for my lifestyle. Didn't have much of an issue with it today, although I did eat a small breakfast, had two large coffees and snacked on almonds.

I'mmmmaaaa choowww down tonight.
pimp.gif

....wait a second. Is that a GOAT in that things room?
Is that thing in a barn?
Is that thing a genetic cross of something?

Originally Posted by brettTHEjett

stop quoting that thing... I dont need to see that +*%@ on an empty stomach hahaha.

For real stop quoting that..I was trying to eat my meal..

Originally Posted by Durden7

Originally Posted by verynecessary

blaxoid, i wouldn't say the glycemic index is something to ignore completely. the effects take a while to kick in, and they're cumulative, so as long you eat healthy, you'll be ok. problem is the western diet is loaded with high GI carbs, so there's been an explosion in diabetes and metabolic syndrome. moderation is key. also, when eaten with good sources of fiber and fats, the high GI effects are decreased somewhat. that means mixing it up with lots of veggies, fruits, healthy portions of meat, etc. restricting most high GI carb intake to post workout should help too.

The GI index is basically worthless though. The GI is only in effect when that food is eaten by itself.

So what's the difference between eating brown rice and whole wheat as opposed to white rice and white bread? 

Looking for a new routine.

I was wondering if any skinnier dudes have had success with a certain routine, and if they could post it. 
I'm about 5'10 160 right now, and have been using the same routine for a while, and wanna switch it up.

Originally Posted by LuigiTheKing

Looking for a new routine.

I was wondering if any skinnier dudes have had success with a certain routine, and if they could post it. 
I'm about 5'10 160 right now, and have been using the same routine for a while, and wanna switch it up.
In my opinion routines don't matter. Switch it up as you please. The key is to enjoy going to the gym... because getting burnt out and having no motivation will inevitably provide lower gains.

there are a tonne out there... just keep in mind the rep rages.
4-6 strength
8-12 "size"
~15+ endurance

I enjoyed strength training (5x5) with compounds (see: ripptoe)... but I got bored so I started doing isolation exercises with all different rep ranges (see: 3S training).
I've seen awesome results with both.

What do you guys think of my routine of training 6 times a week, doing a 3-split twice each week with one rest day?
I do chest/tri, back/bi, legs/shoulders, the workouts typically takes about 1 hour.
I´ve been doing it for about two weeks now and I feel great, but should I be worried about overtraining, does the muscles get enough rest etc?
Thanks in advance.

A 3-day split twice a week isn't uncommon.

If you feel great and can handle it, there shouldn't be a problem.

Just listen to your body. It'll let you know when/if you're over-training.

Originally Posted by tooeasy891

What do you guys think of my routine of training 6 times a week, doing a 3-split twice each week with one rest day?
I do chest/tri, back/bi, legs/shoulders, the workouts typically takes about 1 hour.
I´ve been doing it for about two weeks now and I feel great, but should I be worried about overtraining, does the muscles get enough rest etc?
Thanks in advance.
I'd do that if I were you if you feel you can handle it. I used to do the 1 bodypart per day 5x a week workout and I felt it wasnt enough. I've been hitting each muscle 2x a week for about a year now and I prefer doing that over the typical routine. As long as you know what you're doing, eat well and rest then you'll be fine.

That creature posted a few pages back is gonna give me nightmares. I honestly thought that was a female bodybuilder for a second
sick.gif

Back
Top Bottom