Stay/Get Back In Shape.... Vol 2.0

I know they say that the optimal time to get in carbs if your on a carb restricted diet is post workout but wouldn't it be better to have them before the workout like for lunch and breakfast so you have energy for heavy lifting?

Is eating falafel bad? 
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by Yankeephan87

I know they say that the optimal time to get in carbs if your on a carb restricted diet is post workout but wouldn't it be better to have them before the workout like for lunch and breakfast so you have energy for heavy lifting?

i take in 100 grams of carbs before i work out then my post finishes it off for my carb intake
http://www.simplyshredded.com/best-physique-on-misc-summer-contest.html

did you guys see this??

and yep................ZYZZ made the cut.

Originally Posted by Al Audi

Originally Posted by Yankeephan87

i take in 100 grams of carbs before i work out then my post finishes it off for my carb intake
Is that throughout the day, or immediately before a workout?
Also, is that during your cut or just regularly?

I couldn't believe the effect not eating until 4pm had on me today... each hour felt like torture, especially because I was in three 3hr lectures I didn't want to be in.
By the end of the day I was having a hard time driving home.. traffic was bad enough but the second I got home (coincidentally at 4pm), I ate ate ate and had a huge nap.

I'm going to try this again, although I will slowly phase into it.
I'm thinking for two weeks I consume 8 liquid egg whites and 1/2 cup of my quinoa/oat/egg white mixture in the morning, like a cup of almonds (some chocolate covered) during the day, and a few coffees (w/ creme, sugar) until 4pm. Then slowly ease off that until I'm going w/o any food until 4pm.

Well, it finally happened to me. I've seen it happen to others, and I would always think in my mind "haha good luck with that, sucker!".

My intrabolic spilled in my bag. Soaked my notebooks, my paper, my gym clothes and my gym shoes. I had to go into the nearest building on campus just to think about what happened. I went into a stall and gathered myself. I decided to throw everything that was soaked away (except my gym stuff).

I went to the gym and tried to wash everything the old fashioned way: in the sink. I dried my tank in the little spinner thingymagig. I thought my shorts would be fine without a wash. Boy was I wrong.

As soon as I put them on, I started itching. My legs felt on FIRE! I washed my shirt because it was all blue, but my shorts seemed normal, so I thought I wouldn't even notice they were soaked. I was scratching all throughout the workout!

I probably looked like I had the herpes or something. I don't know. I put my pockets inside out because they were soaked. I was thinking maybe the intrabolic that was absorbed by the polyester was absorbed into my body through my skin and that this would power me up in some way.

It's extreme broscience, but I was trying to rationalize my not washing the stupid shorts.

Anyway, lesson is make sure your stuff is closed. Those shakers BB hands out for free are free for a reason. Took 3 years, but I never thought it would happen to me.

The next time I switch up my routine, I'm gonna use DBs for the majority of my exercises.

Are my BB lifts gonna go down much (or at all) once I switch back again, since I obviously won't be able to handle as much weight with DBs?

I've always been a BB guy. Just wanna try something new.

That simply shredded site stay hurting my feelings... i look like Michael Cera compared to these dudes 
smh.gif

That simply shredded site stay hurting my feelings... i look like Michael Cera compared to these dudes 
smh.gif

Originally Posted by brettTHEjett

I couldn't believe the effect not eating until 4pm had on me today... each hour felt like torture, especially because I was in three 3hr lectures I didn't want to be in.
By the end of the day I was having a hard time driving home.. traffic was bad enough but the second I got home (coincidentally at 4pm), I ate ate ate and had a huge nap.

I'm thinking for two weeks I consume 8 liquid egg whites and 1/2 cup of my quinoa/oat/egg white mixture in the morning, like a cup of almonds (some chocolate covered) during the day, and a few coffees (w/ creme, sugar) until 4pm. Then slowly ease off that until I'm going w/o any food until 4pm.
You'll adapt. Try going lower carb. The body will learn to handle IF better than eating a standard, higher-carb diet. It's advice that I've heard, but I never actually tried when I started fasting. I think that's a bit too much to have in the morning though. Just my opinion. If/when you feel hungry, eat a piece of fruit, drink some lemon water, or have a few almonds(not too many). Try to limit coffee to just cream or sugar, not both. Do it over time otherwise you may not feel comfortable with it.
As far as the mental aspect, you'll get over it. Just don't think about food. Stay busy.

Originally Posted by nealraj006

You'll adapt. Try going lower carb. The body will learn to handle IF better than eating a standard, higher-carb diet. It's advice that I've heard, but I never actually tried when I started fasting. I think that's a bit too much to have in the morning though. Just my opinion. If/when you feel hungry, eat a piece of fruit, drink some lemon water, or have a few almonds(not too many). Try to limit coffee to just cream or sugar, not both. Do it over time otherwise you may not feel comfortable with it.
As far as the mental aspect, you'll get over it. Just don't think about food. Stay busy.
whats the point of this fasting thing?? not eating till 4 o clock sounds insane to me.

Originally Posted by Smedroc

Originally Posted by nealraj006

whats the point of this fasting thing?? not eating till 4 o clock sounds insane to me.
Word. Brett I feel like you change your eating methods too much. Stick to something and run with it. Don't be flippity floppy.

Back
Top Bottom