Stay/Get Back In Shape.... Vol 2.0

Originally Posted by hombrelobo

grimlock I notice you have pot in your avy and you post in this thread. I happen to enjoy bodybuilding and pot as well.

How are you balancing both? I find to maximize my workouts I can only indulge in the devils lettuce on off days. When I do indulge on ondays I find it to be difficult to max out as much as I could. (Duh, I know.)

But I would like to know how others who medicate balance the two polar opposites of pot and weight lifting.

As someone who has a love for both I've tried to find some balance. You just can't do it before you work out. Wether it be 2 or 10 hours before, I found it just kills my whole workout. Pretty much off days or after my workout, mostly just off days. It makes the off days
pimp.gif

@atlfootballer: very nice man thats motivation forealz! 
on a side note im on my second day of taking oxy elite and i must say its really good at curbing my appetite. no more running to the fridge every 2 hours for a snack. it really hopes to hold you over until your next meal.. Also ive been taking a teaspoon of creatine about an hour before my workouts and was wondering if this would conflict with the oxy elite pro.. is it ok to take them both? also does 10 minutes of cardio directly after lifting effect muscle gains/loss? thanks

Originally Posted by chuck67

@atlfootballer: very nice man thats motivation forealz! 
on a side note im on my second day of taking oxy elite and i must say its really good at curbing my appetite. no more running to the fridge every 2 hours for a snack. it really hopes to hold you over until your next meal.. Also ive been taking a teaspoon of creatine about an hour before my workouts and was wondering if this would conflict with the oxy elite pro.. is it ok to take them both? also does 10 minutes of cardio directly after lifting effect muscle gains/loss? thanks

I'd separate cardio and lifting days.  Do cardio on days you don't lift.

Is it normal to not lose fat during keto? I've done it twice in the past and failed both times in losing weight. I'm sure I was in a deficit while doing it and 1 of the times I did a ton of cardio (way too much) and was unable to lose much. The carb ups during keto were brutal. Not only is it tough to stomach those carbs after going 5-6 days straight carb-free (gas, bloating, you get full really quick) but the first 1-2 days after carb-ups were hell because the carbs made me extra sluggish and tired.

I dont know the reason but keto does not work for me. I'm better off getting atleast 50g of carbs a day then going completely carb free for 6 days of the week.

Another problem I think you have with keto is what do you do after you plateau? For example, if you start off dieting with low/moderate carbs, you can taper your carb intake as you progress and then go low/no carbs at the tail end of your fat loss phase. However, if you plateau on 0 carbs then you're pretty much forced to include carbs once again which raises the question if keto diets are more advantageous with regards to fat loss than low/moderate carb diets.

Originally Posted by Carlos Tevez

Is it normal to not lose fat during keto? I've done it twice in the past and failed both times in losing weight. I'm sure I was in a deficit while doing it and 1 of the times I did a ton of cardio (way too much) and was unable to lose much. The carb ups during keto were brutal. Not only is it tough to stomach those carbs after going 5-6 days straight carb-free (gas, bloating, you get full really quick) but the first 1-2 days after carb-ups were hell because the carbs made me extra sluggish and tired.

I dont know the reason but keto does not work for me. I'm better off getting atleast 50g of carbs a day then going completely carb free for 6 days of the week.

Another problem I think you have with keto is what do you do after you plateau? For example, if you start off dieting with low/moderate carbs, you can taper your carb intake as you progress and then go low/no carbs at the tail end of your fat loss phase. However, if you plateau on 0 carbs then you're pretty much forced to include carbs once again which raises the question if keto diets are more advantageous with regards to fat loss than low/moderate carb diets.
Is your primary goal to increase muscle-mass, to decrease body-fat, or to simply maintain your current body composition and health? 

If your answer was to decrease body-fat, then a glycogen refeed would only be counterproductive to your goals. 

If your answer was simply to maintain your body composition and health, then either choice is perfectly acceptable; i would personally opt for no refeeds as that is simpler and easier. 

If your answer was to increase muscle-mass though, then glycogen refeeds would benefit you greatly.

Originally Posted by awash242

Is your primary goal to increase muscle-mass, to decrease body-fat, or to simply maintain your current body composition and health? 

If your answer was to decrease body-fat, then a glycogen refeed would only be counterproductive to your goals. 

If your answer was simply to maintain your body composition and health, then either choice is perfectly acceptable; i would personally opt for no refeeds as that is simpler and easier. 

If your answer was to increase muscle-mass though, then glycogen refeeds would benefit you greatly.
Sorry bro, I'm not a nutrition expert but what you said is completely wrong.

Glycogen refeeds are essential to decreasing bodyfat when you are already fairly lean (roughly 12% and under). The explanation can easily be found by Googling the word "leptin".

are you sure you were even in ketosis?

^^
Yeah Im no expert either....thats not my info, but I couldn't figure out how to quote it. Its from an article based on Lyle McDonalds book, "The Ketogenic Diet".

He goes on to say:

"If your worry is about the leptin levels, then you must remember that ketosis requires a period of induction until the body is adapted to a ketogenic metabolism. Once the body is fully adjusted to a ketogenic metabolism, all of the symptoms felt during induction such as moodiness suddenly disappear. This suggests that leptin levels readjust once the body has fully adjusted."

Originally Posted by SoleWoman

Originally Posted by JOE CAMEL SMOOTH

Solewoman- gnc wheybolic is delicious but overpriced. Buy some isopure or some other whey protein isolate. Same thing.
i meant from a health perspective in terms of toning....or do they do the same thing?
yeah healthwise gnc's protein does nothing special. get isopure, same effects cheaper price.
as for keto....carb ups are neccessary, your fat loss will slow and eventually stop if you dont do em.

Any1 that lifts routinely take a fat burner supp?  Whats the best one to get?

I'm new to the whole supp thing, need to get cut up.

Alright supplement gods, I'm trying to lose 10lbs in two weeks...I'm 5'10, 190 and I'm in the gym 4 days a week. Please advise.

Originally Posted by DrTobaggan

Alright supplement gods, I'm trying to lose 10lbs in two weeks...I'm 5'10, 190 and I'm in the gym 4 days a week. Please advise.

You'll be lucky to lose 2 lbs in 2 weeks.
A deficit if 3500 calories an entire week = loss of 1 lb  (basically 1500caloric consumption a day for the entire week)

Do the math and see that its impossible to lose 10 lbs in that short amount of time....Unless you do the Christian Bale Machinist diet = Coffee and Cigarettes

Originally Posted by ShadyKay NT

A deficit if 3500 calories an entire week = loss of 1 lb  (basically 1500caloric consumption a day for the entire week)

Do the math and see that its impossible to lose 10 lbs in that short amount of time....Unless you do the Christian Bale Machinist diet = Coffee and Cigarettes
That's why I'm asking about supplements...

That's why I'm asking about supplements...
Meh.
Look up EC stack/OXY Elite Pro. Those will help curb appetite, but won't magically help you burn more fat, if that's what you're looking for.

On your off days, do HIIT cardio too.

it might be possible......one time i lost 5 pounds in one week.......ran 3 to 4 miles a day sometimes 6 and kept my calorie intake at around 1200-1500

Originally Posted by blacktopking319

it might be possible......one time i lost 5 pounds in one week.......ran 3 to 4 miles a day sometimes 6 and kept my calorie intake at around 1200-1500

Most likely water weight.  But I've posted what I think will help the most.
Good Luck

Back
Top Bottom