Stay/Get Back In Shape.... Vol 2.0

can I get a little help up in here, or does no one use creatine on here? If so... I posted above "can anyone with experience with creatine give me some heads up on it? I know your muscles get pumped with basically water and you have to cycle it from what I've read up on... but after it adds some mass can I stop using it and supplement it with something else so muscles don't shrink? Also will just plain whey protein do this trick without needing creatine? "

creatine is a naturally occurring compound in the body...its also in red meats.

there is a "loading phase" which you have to usually consume 15-20 grams of creatine with meals or a sugary drink for 4-5 days in order to saturate your muscles but it's not necessary because 5g a day will end up getting you there anyways...

For me personally I only take creatine 3-6 months a year only when I'm strength training. Your body can stop producing it's own creatine if you keep using supplementation. When you do get off creatine you should cycle off like taking it every other day then to every 2-3 days then go completely off. Your gonna loose the saturation that the creatine produces in the muscles which is basically the water weight to my knowledge.

I don't know of any other supplements that does the same job as creatine.

thanks GrimlocK.... do you mean losing the saturation means your muscles shrink? If so how much? Do they deflate lol?

so to speak they do deflate a little bit but if you take your training seriously while on creatine then even when you cycle off you'll probably be bigger pre creatine.

Originally Posted by Durden7

Yeah, I can agree with overworked.

Just out of curiosity, whered you hear the 60 contractions idea?

There was a link to a muscle science type of website posted earlier... can't remember what it was but the author had a @%%+ tonne of really good information. Very clean website with good/simple advice

lettuce be cereal that guy isn't average... let's not get into this again.
That man is average for those who have well above average physiques.

People who spend all of thier free time mirin body builders and only conversing with bros on misc have a very disillusioned idea of what average is.

Go up to a random person and lift their shirt up. 9/10 times they won't have definable abs

i recently joined the gym again. i have been dealing with some sharp pain in my knees - probably from punishing them when i used to skateboard, plus i got way heavier. was taking some glucosamine/chondroitin/msm tabs and omega 3s for about 2 months and it wasn't helping. added super cissus and have noticed that the sharpness of the pain has subsided significantly. just a heads up for anyone that might be facing a similar situation. 

Originally Posted by Stuntman Mike

i recently joined the gym again. i have been dealing with some sharp pain in my knees - probably from punishing them when i used to skateboard, plus i got way heavier. was taking some glucosamine/chondroitin/msm tabs and omega 3s for about 2 months and it wasn't helping. added super cissus and have noticed that the sharpness of the pain has subsided significantly. just a heads up for anyone that might be facing a similar situation. 

I had the same problem. I 60lbs over my college weight. Work on your legs and drop weight. It will get better.

Incline dumb bell bench press.
Are the dumbbells touching your chest, or are your elbows making a 90 degree angle??

I realized today that by bringing the DBs all the way down to my chest, my long +%$ arms are preventing me from getting the weight up again. Same with BB actually.

Originally Posted by Grizzlyboy

Originally Posted by Stuntman Mike

I had the same problem. I 60lbs over my college weight. Work on your legs and drop weight. It will get better.
thanks man. i really let my weight get outta control and i got so damn sloppy. so far lost 21# (in 30 days) on a bet at work and imma look to lose at least another 15 or 20. on leg day at the gym, i been punishing myself. 

Originally Posted by Zyzz

Originally Posted by nikefiend68

Subscription to Muscle & Fitness Magazine for $3.99

Hot! Comments ( 2 ) Direct Link
DiscountMags.com has the year subscription to Muscle & Fitness Magazine for a good price.

Regular Price : $34.97

1. DiscountMags Price : $19.99
2. Use coupon code 6251 to get this for $3.99

muscle and fitness is garbage, seriously. its about 93% muscle tech ads

It's So True!
Muscle & Fitness = Garbage

It's pretty cute that joe and audi come in here talking like they are show stoppers with thier KETO diet and haven't posted any pics

Originally Posted by brettTHEjett

It's pretty cute that joe and audi come in here talking like they are show stoppers with thier KETO diet and haven't posted any pics
shots fired?
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

grimlock I notice you have pot in your avy and you post in this thread. I happen to enjoy bodybuilding and pot as well.

How are you balancing both? I find to maximize my workouts I can only indulge in the devils lettuce on off days. When I do indulge on ondays I find it to be difficult to max out as much as I could. (Duh, I know.)

But I would like to know how others who medicate balance the two polar opposites of pot and weight lifting.

Originally Posted by brettTHEjett

I would just like to throw out there, that I too, am I a show stopper
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

feels real good

EDIT: No KETO diet for me....... But finally decided to start doing abs, after cutting down 15 pounds...... after 2 days my abs are look like Greg Plitt's
laugh.gif
glasses.gif

I've started noticing that as I cut more and more fat off, my rib cage starts to show... is this genetics or can I hide it? No way in hell do I want to walk around with my ribs showing like a frail kid
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by hombrelobo

grimlock I notice you have pot in your avy and you post in this thread. I happen to enjoy bodybuilding and pot as well.

How are you balancing both? I find to maximize my workouts I can only indulge in the devils lettuce on off days. When I do indulge on ondays I find it to be difficult to max out as much as I could. (Duh, I know.)

But I would like to know how others who medicate balance the two polar opposites of pot and weight lifting.
Just smoke AFTER you lift 
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom