Stay/Get Back In Shape.... Vol 2.0

Anyone have experience with no explode 2.0? Would like to hear some reviews and/or advice.

Originally Posted by I3

To be honest I dont put a time limit.. I go off how I feel.

As long as I know mentally im going as hard as I could during my reps, sets, rest time - then its worthwhile..
this

I don't really time myself; i don't know why people are timing themselves, its not a job or a chore. You are going there to improve yourself; you are doing your own body a favor by lifting these weights and that steel bar.

As for the steam room, i usually don't go in it, i feel so lightheaded after just 5minutes, i'm scared i might fall over and go to sleep forever. But that's just me, if that light-headed-ness did not occur i would definitely take advantage of the steam room.

BCAA is broscience, i wouldn't waste my money on it, but if you have the extra cash laying around or there is a special, go for it, it's your money in the end.

Only real significant changes ive had from supplements are creatine, protein, jack3d, green tea pills, fish oils, st johns wort, and oxyelite pro. What i recommend from all those? Creatine, protein, fish oil, and st johns wort; the rest i wouldnt advise a beginner to take. As for brands? I usually just stick to ON for my protein/creatine, can't go wrong with that.

I did not know people were anal about resting time...

the more you know.

Personally, I go by the feel like dude up there said.

Anyone know how to prevent stretch marks? I got some serious ones going on my left triceps and I don't know how to avoid them.

I got none on my right, which is weird.

Good idea for the day - Read a link posted a few pages back and the guy posting was saying how he mixes about 100g of Whey with water and sips on it throughout the day. I usually just drank one scoop in the morning and two more after my workout, but this is sooo much better.

Main reason being that I'm never ever craving. Keeps me well within my caloric range I want, without getting to dinner time and wanting to eat a cow. Try it out.

Originally Posted by ChewToy112

Certain protocols require longer rest periods.  These people "standing around not doing anything", how do you know what their goal is?  What if their goal is maximum strength or power?  If perhaps their goal for the session was to improve max strength/power, they're not going to do it with just 45 seconds rest between sets like you do. 

Here's something that I learned early on when going for my first certification that always stuck with me: There's no such thing as a good/bad exercise, or good/bad routine.  Everything is either appropriate/inappropriate for the individual given their goals, current fitness level, health, physical limitations, injuries, etc.  How can you tell a person's goals/fitness/injuries/medical issues just by looking at them?  You might see someone in the gym doing external shoulder rotation exercises or lateral raises with light weights, and an uneducated "bro science" guy might assume that they're "wasting their time" and should be doing a heavy compound overhead press to work their shoulders instead...but how do you know that person isn't rehabbing a shoulder surgery?  Or how do you know that person doesn't have hypertension?  You can't judge ANYTHING without knowing the person and their history.

Chewtoy, I tend to agree with you. But most people can afford to increase efficiency in their workouts. If you're not timing your rest between sets, supersetting(in most cases), etc. then you are not using your training time budget effectively.
It's insane when it takes some lifters 2 hours to do 7-9 sets of strength work, resting 8-10 minutes between sets. 

But you bring up a good point: individualization in programming.

Originally Posted by Peep Game

For real
laugh.gif
 On average 2 hours is a good time to get loads of quality stuff in. Anything after that is really extra, almost like you're trying to find stuff to do.

Not true...I could design an effective routine(addressing multiple aspects of training) that would require atleast 2 hours. There is more to training than strength, atleast for some people...Examples include John Broz, Ido Portal, Steve Atlas, etc. When you start to think of training as 'skill training', your view of training will change. Bench pressing is as much of a skill as performing a backflip....
If the goal is only strength and body composition changes, training more than 2-6 hours per week isn't necessary for most of the time, as numerous people have demonstrated(Pavel Tsatousline, Martin Berkhan, Charles Poliquin, etc.)
It is also true that most people don't make the most use of their time training(not supersetting, mobility/foam rolling/grip work between sets, timing rest periods, etc.)

Some people - i.e. hard training athletes - require (significantly) longer training sessions, especially strength athletes(powerlifters, olympic weightlifters, gymnasts). Look at the training of any successful olympic weightlifter, you'll see lots of volume, very frequently, and long sessions. It is a successful approach, but most people are not educated about(nor interested in) high level performance and what it takes to achieve it.

Originally Posted by TheGoldenChild

ON Optimum Whey, ON Hydrowhey, Myotin or Dymatize ISo 1000??? Someone know which one is the best protein??

ON whey gold standard

/thread

nealraj006 wrote:

Originally Posted by Peep Game

For real
laugh.gif
 On average 2 hours is a good time to get loads of quality stuff in. Anything after that is really extra, almost like you're trying to find stuff to do.

Not true...I could design an effective routine(addressing multiple aspects of training) that would require atleast 2 hours. There is more to training than strength, atleast for some people...Examples include John Broz, Ido Portal, Steve Atlas, etc. When you start to think of training as 'skill training', your view of training will change. Bench pressing is as much of a skill as performing a backflip....
If the goal is only strength and body composition changes, training more than 2-6 hours per week isn't necessary for most of the time, as numerous people have demonstrated(Pavel Tsatousline, Martin Berkhan, Charles Poliquin, etc.)
It is also true that most people don't make the most use of their time training(not supersetting, mobility/foam rolling/grip work between sets, timing rest periods, etc.)

Some people - i.e. hard training athletes - require (significantly) longer training sessions, especially strength athletes(powerlifters, olympic weightlifters, gymnasts). Look at the training of any successful olympic weightlifter, you'll see lots of volume, very frequently, and long sessions. It is a successful approach, but most people are not educated about(nor interested in) high level performance and what it takes to achieve it.

Oh I most definitely agree. I was only including weights and abs in what I was referring to. Once you add in any cardio and stretching, the time just goes up from there.

I automatically discredit the thoughts of someone who posts a video of themselves lifting something heavy as a form of "proof".  It's quite silly actually.

for you guys that think ON protein is the best, i'm wondering how many proteins you've tried. allmax isoflex, iforce protein, xf up, trunutrition trutein - i'd rather use those on a daily basis rather than ON. try 2 scoops xf cinnamon roll blended with ice and skim milk or 2 scoops of iforce chocolate truffle and a dollop of peanut butter blended with ice and skim milk. fantastic taste right there. i'm all for hitting my macros but i like to enjoy what i consume and not have to choke it down with some weird aftertaste. i used to think ON was ok until i tried other brands.

Originally Posted by shiznut123

Originally Posted by Zyzz

when i said gym i meant weights pretty much

theres dudes that lift for 60-90 minutes and thats quite possibly the stupidest and biggest waste of time.
�@%@#, just @%@#. I love when people say lifting weights more than an hour is waste of time. It takes me 45-60 minutes just to warm up to my working sets on my compound lifts. Just to give you an idea of the weight I push...�

is that the proper form for benching?  super arched back and feet planted by your butt?

Originally Posted by Stuntman Mike

for you guys that think ON protein is the best, i'm wondering how many proteins you've tried. allmax isoflex, iforce protein, xf up, trunutrition trutein - i'd rather use those on a daily basis rather than ON. try 2 scoops xf cinnamon roll blended with ice and skim milk or 2 scoops of iforce chocolate truffle and a dollop of peanut butter blended with ice and skim milk. fantastic taste right there. i'm all for hitting my macros but i like to enjoy what i consume and not have to choke it down with some weird aftertaste. i used to think ON was ok until i tried other brands.

guess your into taste then.

if so then you havent tried the best tasting which is easily myofusion. ive never even had to mix it with milk. mix 2 scoops with water, tastes better than actual nesquik chocolate milk. dead srs too

i've had a ton of myofusion and it used to taste good but the recent batches (before the probiotic series dropped) had some serious quality control issues. it wouldn't mix up well and the flavoring was horrible. there were a lots of people that had to get refunded. ever since i got a bad batch of stawberry, i stopped using anything from gaspari but i have a tub of the cinnamon roll probiotic coming in tomorrow that i'm splitting with someone and it's supposed to be good. imo all the ones i mentioned and including myofusion, they are all better than ON gold standard.

Originally Posted by Based Mod

Originally Posted by shiznut123

Originally Posted by Zyzz

when i said gym i meant weights pretty much

theres dudes that lift for 60-90 minutes and thats quite possibly the stupidest and biggest waste of time.
�@%@#, just @%@#. I love when people say lifting weights more than an hour is waste of time. It takes me 45-60 minutes just to warm up to my working sets on my compound lifts. Just to give you an idea of the weight I push...�

is that the proper form for benching? �super arched back and feet planted by your butt?
That's the Powerlifting form. Hell of a bench. gjdm 
pimp.gif

im gonna go back and read through the whole thread but can anyone give me some tips or advice? work out routines, diets, what i should wear, anything?

ive never been to the gym and never worked out. other than running or sports. im 5'11 150. used to smoke and drink alot but ive cut all that out.

right now i can only run a mile to mile in a half in about 8 per mile. smoking killed my stamina

my goal isnt to get big or buff or none of that. just trying to get in real good shape and get stronger. anyone know any good gyms in vallejo?

any help would be appreciated and like i said ima read through the thread just wanted to introduce myself since ima be in here more often. thanks nt

Originally Posted by nealraj006

Originally Posted by ChewToy112

Certain protocols require longer rest periods.  These people "standing around not doing anything", how do you know what their goal is?  What if their goal is maximum strength or power?  If perhaps their goal for the session was to improve max strength/power, they're not going to do it with just 45 seconds rest between sets like you do. 

Here's something that I learned early on when going for my first certification that always stuck with me: There's no such thing as a good/bad exercise, or good/bad routine.  Everything is either appropriate/inappropriate for the individual given their goals, current fitness level, health, physical limitations, injuries, etc.  How can you tell a person's goals/fitness/injuries/medical issues just by looking at them?  You might see someone in the gym doing external shoulder rotation exercises or lateral raises with light weights, and an uneducated "bro science" guy might assume that they're "wasting their time" and should be doing a heavy compound overhead press to work their shoulders instead...but how do you know that person isn't rehabbing a shoulder surgery?  Or how do you know that person doesn't have hypertension?  You can't judge ANYTHING without knowing the person and their history.
Chewtoy, I tend to agree with you. But most people can afford to increase efficiency in their workouts. If you're not timing your rest between sets, supersetting(in most cases), etc. then you are not using your training time budget effectively.
It's insane when it takes some lifters 2 hours to do 7-9 sets of strength work, resting 8-10 minutes between sets. 

But you bring up a good point: individualization in programming.

Totally agree with you that most people can increase the efficiency, but I'm just saying you can't necessarily judge someone's efficiency by merely looking at them in the gym, which I assume most people here are doing.  If someone were to have watched me doing O-lifts at the gym yesterday, they probably would've seen me sitting around for 3-5 minutes in between sets and come to the conclusion that I needed to "increase my intensity" or something to that effect.  But these people are just uneducated about how the body's energy systems work and/or uneducated about my goals for my session yesterday (i.e. working up to a 1RM PR attempt).  And just because I use the necessary longer rest periods for that particular day doesn't mean I'm going to rest that long on other O-lift days, or hypertrophy days or whatever.  But most people will assume. 

Just about the only thing you can judge by merely looking at somebody working out is movement quality (technique, mechanics, set-up, positioning, mobility/stability, etc), or if you're watching them for a long time, I guess you can kinda judge the order of exercises, but even that's maybe a stretch.

laugh.gif
You're in the minority bro. That's what you need to understand. You're right with what you say, but 90% of the dudes on here are not looking to get a gold medal in the Olympics. We're talking novices that fart around in the gym thinking the more time spent in the gym = more results.

Originally Posted by Stuntman Mike

Nothing wrong with ON. I use it every day, with water, and it taste fine to me (double chocolate). 

Originally Posted by 651akathePaul

laugh.gif
You're in the minority bro. That's what you need to understand. You're right with what you say, but 90% of the dudes on here are not looking to get a gold medal in the Olympics. We're talking novices that fart around in the gym thinking the more time spent in the gym = more results.

I doubt ChewToy is training for the olympics

I was using hyperbole to prove a point. I don't assume that all Olympic style lifters are all training for the Olympics. C'mon now...
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by Durden7

I automatically discredit the thoughts of someone who posts a video of themselves lifting something heavy as a form of "proof".  It's quite silly actually.
Nobody cares what you think buddy. I'm gonna go lift "something heavy" while you go looking for "proof" on the internet and ways to optimize your workout.

Back
Top Bottom