Stay/Get Back In Shape.... Vol 2.0

Originally Posted by KillTheHype

I've seriously been lagging big time on going to the gym. Hopefully my lazy !+% will get up and go later on tonight.

Is it better to go in the morning?

Doesn't matter when you go, so long as you go. 

Originally Posted by 651akathePaul

I've seriously been lagging big time on going to the gym. Hopefully my lazy !+% will get up and go later on tonight.

Cosign, I seriously just got back like an hour ago and it's 2am

Originally Posted by syxth element

Originally Posted by mdwst9

hey guys whats the best supplement for recovery without any side effects?
Good nutrition & 8 hrs of sleep is the best recovery. Don't rely too much on supplements since most don't work.
ON is one of the better protein supplements, but it's definitely overpriced IMO. There are a lot of other brands that are just as good which have glutamine & and a similar amino acid profile. I kind of view ON as the "Nike" of protein supplements. Good marketing and great product. But the best? That's subjective.

Yo shiznut, what type of strength program are you running? I just started Wendler 5/3/1. It's not bad so far, but I'm on my first month. Not looking to compete in PL meets, but I just want to get stronger and train for hypertrophy w/ accessory lifts. 

name them. assuming you're talking about ON whey gold standard and you buy them on sale (~$30/5lbs), i don't know of a better value.

Originally Posted by 651akathePaul

I have a bad habit of going late at night. Yesterday I went in the afternoon and its so much better that way. Morning/Aft >> Night workouts. When I come back at 12 am, then eat, then go to sleep which ends up being 3 or 4 AM it doesn't feel right and the next morning I'm so tired. I think your body needs to shut down from around 6PM onwards before going to sleep. I dunno how you guys do it who workout after 10PM. It affects my sleep that night and the morning after, plus eating before bed is not good at all either IMO. 

does anyone take a glutamine supplement for recovery? i know most proteins already have a few grams of it but my workouts %%+% me up so i take glutalyn.

I've been struggling with getting my legs bigger.  I'm 6'-0" 180lbs.  This morning I did squats (3 sets of 12 reps-185lbs), along with some other lunges calf raises and walking squats.

Does anybody have/know of a good leg routine?

Originally Posted by shoefreakbaby

Originally Posted by Caerus

^ Haha got em! Im jelly bro. I feel like beast when I do 5x of 200 haha. (I weigh 139)
pimp.gif

Myofusion tastss great with water? Yeah, I need that. I'm staying away from Diary so I need a better tasting protein.

How tall are you? 

5'10-5'11

optimum nutrition uses ion exchange filtering which is dated. while on's labeling is informative, it's also misleading. you could slap an amino profile on a can of tuna. all protein powders have bcaa's in them.

Originally Posted by oO ThE RoC Oo

I've been struggling with getting my legs bigger.  I'm 6'-0" 180lbs.  This morning I did squats (3 sets of 12 reps-185lbs), along with some other lunges calf raises and walking squats.

leg press has helped out my leg growth a whole lot

Do some leg press variations and leg extensions. IMO 3 exrcises isn't enough to put on a good amount of mass on your legs. I would say do at least 5 different exercises.

Here is my leg day for an example

Barbell Squat- 4x12
Leg Press 4x15
Narrow Stance Leg Press 4x15
Leg Extension 4x12-18
Hamstring Extension 4x12
Calf Raises 3x25

I'll also do some box squats if I don't feel like my legs were trained hard enough.

BTW If anyone is looking for a good PWO I would recommend Craze by Driven Sports. Had it today and it tastes like straight up grape drink. The after taste isn't great but it's not very strong so I didn't mind it. Had a great shoulder workout and had great focus and pumps. I was using jack3d for a while but I can't stand the tingling feeling I get on my face and neck. I'm definitely going to be using Craze from now on.

I'm pretty hyped and starting to see results - been working out consistently for about a month and a half now. Definitely need to get better core strength and have started concentrating there multiple times a week. Also doing chest twice a week. Cut out a lot of salt and sugars, too -

My wife snook some pics earlier this week -

photo2-vi.jpg

photo-vi.jpg

Originally Posted by shoefreakbaby

^ Haha got em! Im jelly bro. I feel like beast when I do 5x of 200 haha. (I weigh 139)
pimp.gif

Myofusion tastss great with water? Yeah, I need that. I'm staying away from Diary so I need a better tasting protein.

How tall are you? 

5'10-5'11
eek.gif
embarassed.gif

thats mad skinny for your height.

lower reps. try a 5x5 or starting strength. SS has you squatting 3x a week whcih will def grow your legs
laugh.gif

Im thinking about doing personal training cause i saw ad for $20 each session, i want to get in shape. Any tips what i should ask about this??

im thinking of getting 5 sessions if this deal is good.

Runner's knee is really starting to creep up on me. Any suggestions?

I know about rest, ice and advil but what about leg strength?

Originally Posted by 3dgarfly23

trying to workout my chest and lose chest fat so what are some of the best chest exercises to do?

Bench Press, Incline press, dumbbell press/incline. Flys are also good. A lot of people don't like them for building mass but they work wonders for me. Dips also help and so does close grip pull-up where your palms are facing each other.  As far as losing any type of fat you'll have to do cardio and cut your calories. Unfortunately you can't target a certain body from which you want to lose fat. With hard work and patience your fat will disappear.

Originally Posted by pricankid9

Runner's knee is really starting to creep up on me. Any suggestions?

I know about rest, ice and advil but what about leg strength?
how old are your  running shoes? & whats you frequncy of jogging?

Quick question, I'm lookin to play college basketball next semester and I'm 6 ft 175 and was looking for workouts that would add strength, I wanna be 195-200 but I don't want to lose my agility. Thanks to anyone that can answer this in advance. And I'm thinkin about getting the men's health workout app.

Originally Posted by cs02132

lower reps. try a 5x5 or starting strength. SS has you squatting 3x a week whcih will def grow your legs
laugh.gif
or a pyramid
set of 10,8,6,4,2 and 1 with increasing weight

if you aren't growing after a few weeks of pyramids then you've got something wrong.

Back
Top Bottom