Stay/Get Back In Shape.... Vol 2.0

^ Haha got em! Im jelly bro. I feel like beast when I do 5x of 200 haha. (I weigh 139)
pimp.gif

Myofusion tastss great with water? Yeah, I need that. I'm staying away from Diary so I need a better tasting protein.

Any taken an ec stack? I saw some on amazon, but also been reading up on how to make my own. Anyone have and reccomendations on which one is better or would they both be about the same? Thanks in advance

Originally Posted by IHeartBoost

Originally Posted by Stuntman Mike

for you guys that think ON protein is the best, i'm wondering how many proteins you've tried. allmax isoflex, iforce protein, xf up, trunutrition trutein - i'd rather use those on a daily basis rather than ON. try 2 scoops xf cinnamon roll blended with ice and skim milk or 2 scoops of iforce chocolate truffle and a dollop of peanut butter blended with ice and skim milk. fantastic taste right there. i'm all for hitting my macros but i like to enjoy what i consume and not have to choke it down with some weird aftertaste. i used to think ON was ok until i tried other brands.
Nothing wrong with ON. I use it every day, with water, and it taste fine to me (double chocolate). 
Me too, I use French Vanilla and mix it Almond Milk and it tastes well, even better if I add some fruit or peanut butter and a banana.

Originally Posted by shiznut123

Originally Posted by Durden7

I automatically discredit the thoughts of someone who posts a video of themselves lifting something heavy as a form of "proof".  It's quite silly actually.
Nobody cares what you think buddy. I'm gonna go lift "something heavy" while you go looking for "proof" on the internet and ways to optimize your workout.
laugh.gif
  Never said anyone cared.  Nice assumptions you made though.

Originally Posted by Stuntman Mike

for you guys that think ON protein is the best, i'm wondering how many proteins you've tried. allmax isoflex, iforce protein, xf up, trunutrition trutein - i'd rather use those on a daily basis rather than ON. try 2 scoops xf cinnamon roll blended with ice and skim milk or 2 scoops of iforce chocolate truffle and a dollop of peanut butter blended with ice and skim milk. fantastic taste right there. i'm all for hitting my macros but i like to enjoy what i consume and not have to choke it down with some weird aftertaste. i used to think ON was ok until i tried other brands.

banana cream 2.0 with some cereal
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Thizz Marley

im gonna go back and read through the whole thread but can anyone give me some tips or advice? work out routines, diets, what i should wear, anything?

ive never been to the gym and never worked out. other than running or sports. im 5'11 150. used to smoke and drink alot but ive cut all that out.

right now i can only run a mile to mile in a half in about 8 per mile. smoking killed my stamina

my goal isnt to get big or buff or none of that. just trying to get in real good shape and get stronger. anyone know any good gyms in vallejo?

any help would be appreciated and like i said ima read through the thread just wanted to introduce myself since ima be in here more often. thanks nt
common misconception is that people think when they start lifting weights then they'll automatically look BIG and BUFF.
If this is you're very first time I suggest looking up a 3-day full body workout.

If you find a routine that implements Squats Deadlifts and Bench Press then you're good money
pimp.gif

All solid workouts usually implement those 3 exercises. Look up videos on good form. Doing exercises wrong can result in serious injury.

Focus on compound exercises. Don't be the noob focused on the size of his arms.

If you feel comfortable working out 3 days a week then feel free to add a day or 2 of cardio.

Diets usually vary but a lot of this information can be found on bodybuilding.com

Carbs should be your primary food source. Protein (meats and dairy) are just as important though.

Don't be afraid to eat a cheeseburger. It's not what you eat but HOW MUCH of it you eat. Moderation in diet is crucial. Consistency is the only way to succeed if you're trying to have a healthy lifestyle.

Don't get caught up in supplementation just yet. Spend money on solid calorie-dense foods and once you get more experience you can start adding supps.

Basic supps should just be Whey and maybe a pre-workout energy boost (Jack3d or NO-Explode). Ive been working out for 3-4 years consistently and don't feel like any other supps are necessary...but that's just me.

Hope that helps...Sorry it's kind of jumbled. Good luck to you brah
pimp.gif
smokin.gif
happy.gif

ON whey is good because its lower call, 1g of sugar. everything else in it is good as well. great profile and good taste.

i just switched to organic. read a article on GMO and it messed me up. never eating that BS again.
cant find the article that showed me the light, but check this one. http://www.huffingtonpost...dified-soy_b_544575.html
messed up.

friend of mine turned me on to the GMO bs. he switched to organic and in 2 months dropped 40 lbs. not even working out. and having a few beers every other day and getting tore at least once a week. crazy how bad that stuff is for you.
hes a big dude too. was a weightlifter for a few years. was in the 220s. hes down to 180s now.

that gmo crap is awful.

Originally Posted by Zyzz

ON whey is good because its lower call, 1g of sugar. everything else in it is good as well. great profile and good taste.

what about Dymatize Iso-1000??

[h4]Nutrition Facts[/h4]Serving Size: 1 scoop
Servings Per Container: 81Amount Per Serving   % Daily ValueVitamin D00 %Sodium50 mg2 %Trans Fat0 g Vitamin B600 %Calories From Fat0 Total Fat0 g0 %Cholesterol0 mg0 %Calories106 Magnesium00 %Dietary Fiber0 g0 %Protein25 g Saturated Fat0 g0 %Copper00 %Sugars0 g Iron00 %Calcium06 %Vitamin C010 %Vitamin A00 %Total Carbohydrate0 g0 %*percent Daily Values are based on a 2‚000 calorie diet.Ingredients: Whey Protein Isolate‚ Potassium Chloride‚ Natural and Artificial Flavors‚ Sucralose.

never had it.

theres a reason ON whey is the best selling/most popular, its high quality good stuff.

i cant say anything about other brands, ive only had ON whey and Myofusion and while Myofusion is amazing taste wise i still think ON whey is the best there is period.

Optimum Nutrition is the highest quality from my experience, especially in relation to digestive function.

When I'm away for work I dont have the option of choosing my own foods, I'm stuck with what the camp provides and its often low in protein. I end up having about 100g of protein from whey each day and going with anything other than ON = guaranteed bubble guts

Besides, ON vanilla + orange gatorade =cremesicle

I use ON's Pro Complex and it works really well for me!

It's the only protein brand i've used in the past 2-3 years and i'm loyal to them as they've always served me well.

ON pro complex is the bomb. though what sucks is that I'm a little on the fence about rocky road flavor, not that i really care about flavor considering its finished in under a minute, its just got a weird little taste. i was going to order a different flavor for my next tub, but alas bodybuilding.com #@!%@# up and sent me two shipments as opposed to one. so I'm stuck with two pro complex rocky roads
ohwell.gif
 oh well 

btw if anyones into using gainers, i used ON pro complex gainer in banana cream. tastes amazing, and it made me put on a good 5 kg in like.. a week or two. well that mixed with eating nothing but tuna sandwiches and salads, but yeah
I've also heard really good things about that russian bear gainer, but its not allowed to be shipped to europe so i can't try it out :/ 

Originally Posted by Caerus

^ Haha got em! Im jelly bro. I feel like beast when I do 5x of 200 haha. (I weigh 139)
pimp.gif

Myofusion tastss great with water? Yeah, I need that. I'm staying away from Diary so I need a better tasting protein.

How tall are you? 

Originally Posted by mdwst9

hey guys whats the best supplement for recovery without any side effects?
Good nutrition & 8 hrs of sleep is the best recovery. Don't rely too much on supplements since most don't work.
ON is one of the better protein supplements, but it's definitely overpriced IMO. There are a lot of other brands that are just as good which have glutamine & and a similar amino acid profile. I kind of view ON as the "Nike" of protein supplements. Good marketing and great product. But the best? That's subjective.

Yo shiznut, what type of strength program are you running? I just started Wendler 5/3/1. It's not bad so far, but I'm on my first month. Not looking to compete in PL meets, but I just want to get stronger and train for hypertrophy w/ accessory lifts. 

I've seriously been lagging big time on going to the gym. Hopefully my lazy !+% will get up and go later on tonight.

Is it better to go in the morning?

Originally Posted by TheGoldenChild

ON Optimum Whey, ON Hydrowhey, Myotin or Dymatize ISo 1000??? Someone know which one is the best protein??

I'd stick to ON whey.  Hydrowhey is a waste of money.  All hydrowhey does is break down a little faster, which isn't all the important because the normal whey works quickly anyways.

Originally Posted by superflyinchopstickninja

Originally Posted by TheGoldenChild

ON Optimum Whey, ON Hydrowhey, Myotin or Dymatize ISo 1000??? Someone know which one is the best protein??

I'd stick to ON whey.  Hydrowhey is a waste of money.  All hydrowhey does is break down a little faster, which isn't all the important because the normal whey works quickly anyways.

not only that, but there was a journal article saying that taking a mix of whey+casein post-workout is better than pure whey.

i can vouch for the taste of dymatize elite gourmet (which according to dymatize is 50% whey, 50% casein). 

Back
Top Bottom