STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

need your help fellas...

cut down to from 230 to 190 in the last 2 years, and now I am looking to bulk back up to 210...

1) Best foods to start throwing in my diet? (right now I blend fruits/veggies for breakfast, stay off the carbs for dinner and lunch, and eat a early dinner)
2) Best protein to start taking? how many times a day? (I naturally burn tons of fat so I will need to supplement protein shakes for nutrition)
3) Do I need to start lifting super heavy again?

thanks in advance!

The neglect I've given my deltoids for years have been inexcusable. Any good regimen's?

Romaleos are the only thing I squat in. 

Time to go get it.

Last edited:
I'm seeing a gastro soon and need to go on a lactose-free diet. Problem is, I've been trying to add mass. Anyone have tips?

Thinking of switching to isolate powder as well so if someone could recommend some brands that would be awesome.

I'm seeing a gastro soon and need to go on a lactose-free diet. Problem is, I've been trying to add mass. Anyone have tips?

Thinking of switching to isolate powder as well so if someone could recommend some brands that would be awesome.
EAT FOOD

need your help fellas...

cut down to from 230 to 190 in the last 2 years, and now I am looking to bulk back up to 210...

1) Best foods to start throwing in my diet? (right now I blend fruits/veggies for breakfast, stay off the carbs for dinner and lunch, and eat a early dinner)
2) Best protein to start taking? how many times a day? (I naturally burn tons of fat so I will need to supplement protein shakes for nutrition)

thanks in advance!

Best foods? That really depends on what you prefer. Since you want to gain weight, you would need caloric dense foods:
chicken, beef, rice, breads, oats, salmon, tuna, potatoes, etc...

I wouldn't count fruits into my diet just because they have very few calories and can potentially fill your appetite.

Protein is protein. Some people argue that protein from powder is different than protein from foods. I wouldn't get caught up in that. I would shoot for 1 to 1.5 g per body weight.

You don't need to start lifting super heavy necessarily but you should progressively increase the weights that you lift weekly if possible.

Last edited:
@Robin Thicke Not sure if serious. The question was what are some alternatives to lactose and/or dairy rich foods I can eat to maintain/add lean mass?

Last edited:
I COPPED BC IM A SUCKER FOR COOKIES AND CREAM SMH LOL

IN REGARDS TO TOE TO BAR IVE BEEN ROCKING THEM IN MY AB ROUTINE ALONG W BWOODS ROUTINE

IM STILL WORKING ON STABILIZING TOE TO BAR BC WHEN I KIP I FEEL LIKE IM GONNA SLIP AND POWER BOMB MYSELF TO DA FLOOR

Toe to bars 4lyfe. Need a new core/ab routine. Mind sharing Bwoods routine?

im still working on mines, but i can get a good amount unbroken....think ive done 15

i do the kipping version tho....could probably only do 1 rep of the strict :lol:

I've been doing this ab workout for years. It's the only one I really do in the gym (I do a twist machine ting also). I do mine a lot slower with no swing (does it even work the core when you swing). I do 4 sets (15,15,10,10 depending on rest time). If your about that life you should look into the ab wheel. I posted about it a while back in this thread. I think that's tougher than this.

Need some recommendations on what upper splits to do if I'm doing legs Monday, ploymetrics Wednesday and legs Friday.

Currently squat on either NB Minimus, Nano 2.0's (U-Form) or Free Runs.

Need to get Romaleos or AdiPowers. Adidas connect keeps lagging on the AdiPowers. :smh:

need your help fellas...

thanks in advance!

Best foods? That really depends on what you prefer. Since you want to gain weight, you would need caloric dense foods:
chicken, beef, rice, breads, oats, salmon, tuna, potatoes, etc...

I wouldn't count fruits into my diet just because they have very few calories and can potentially fill your appetite.

Protein is protein. Some people argue that protein from powder is different than protein from foods. I wouldn't get caught up in that. I would shoot for 1 to 1.5 g per body weight.

You don't need to start lifting super heavy necessarily but you should progressively increase the weights that you lift weekly if possible.

thanks man...

my biggest concern is that when I was heavier, I was slamming bench/shoulder press etc. went super super heavy for low reps. then when I cut weight I started doing lower weight for higher reps, and more body weight type stuff.

not sure if my current work out regiment will help me gain size if it stays the same and the diet is the only thing that changes :nerd:

Currently squat on either NB Minimus, Nano 2.0's (U-Form) or Free Runs.

Need to get Romaleos or AdiPowers. Adidas connect keeps lagging on the AdiPowers. :smh:

you getting these at a good discount? :nerd:

i tried copping some for like $100 during a black friday sale, but the website cancelled my order :smh:

I use my reebok Nanos 2.0 joints are dope and help with stability, such a difference than trying to lift with Flyknits :lol:

My NYC brethren. I'm in desperate need of a gym with more than one squat rack. I don't have the time anymore to wait for the only squat in the entire gym to be free (talking to you NYSC). Manhattan area and possibly Brooklyn. Thanks guys.
What part of Brooklyn are you in?

Brooklyn Sports Club in Starett City.

I'm in the Bay Ridge area a lot. I was looking at South Brooklyn Weightlifting Club but those prices man.

have you looked into harbor fitness in bay ridge? I go to the one in park slope.

I actually have a free week trial pass I'm about to try out soon. How many squat/ power racks does yours have?

And whoever recommended Edge Gym, it looks like a fantastic gym with a great vibe/ culture. Going to go there with a free day pass then make my final decision.

you getting these at a good discount? :nerd:

i tried copping some for like $100 during a black friday sale, but the website cancelled my order :smh:

Yup, Team Below Retail, :lol:

Scooped the Minimus off eBay for $60 shipped. The Nano's I got for $65 during a Reebok/Adidas F&F, coupon that was posted on slickdeals. Got a ton of Free's from my Nike plug, he has a swoosh plug and orders stuff quarterly. Think I have about 5 pairs of DS Free's, :lol:

Waiting on these AdiPowers, but they keep getting back ordered, might just get Romaleos when Eastbay drops a 20% code.

I use my reebok Nanos 2.0 joints are dope and help with stability, such a difference than trying to lift with Flyknits laugh.gif

Not going to lie, used to cringe when I saw your workout pics with flyknits. Aren't those 3.0's you're rocking.

i used to workout in the minimus as well. now whenever i need to DL or squat, i use my nano 1.0s.

thinking about getting the 3.0s, but been wanting the adipowers

Last edited:
anybody recommend the nano 2.0's for squats and DL's?  Looking for a replacement for my stan smiths 
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom