STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

I rock my nano 2.0's sometimes for squats. There are some oly shoes i use at my box, but them joints are way too big. I think i might get some romaleos when i get some new nanos this year.

My NYC brethren. I'm in desperate need of a gym with more than one squat rack. I don't have the time anymore to wait for the only squat in the entire gym to be free (talking to you NYSC). Manhattan area and possibly Brooklyn. Thanks guys.
What part of Brooklyn are you in?

Brooklyn Sports Club in Starett City.

I'm in the Bay Ridge area a lot. I was looking at South Brooklyn Weightlifting Club but those prices man.

have you looked into harbor fitness in bay ridge? I go to the one in park slope.

I actually have a free week trial pass I'm about to try out soon. How many squat/ power racks does yours have?

One squat cage and 2 squat racks. I've been to all of them. I think the one in mill basin is the best for lifting.

I actually agree with air squats helping.
I do them sometimes as a stability exercise, just squatting down and holding that form isometrically.

Nothing to brag about. Just a form of stretching/staying active in the crib when I'm bored. Not meant to get stronger or bigger by any means. But it does help build stability for me personality, and it has increased my flexibility and range of motion when I do weighted squats at the gym.

Doing ball squats on the wall (stability ball) ain't a joke. Try doing them slowly and focusing on the eccentric motion (the way down) just as much as you focus on the way up. **** burns like hell. It's not meant for hyper trophy obviously but as a warm-up or just general exercise it really helps form, stability, and flexibility. Not to mention it's also a good sweat if you want to burn some calories.

Would you agree with my point of view Durden?
Or just do a couple of hundred when you are in the living room watching a game

Pro wrestlers LIVE off of Hindu Squats. Some have even said they did thousands per day

Dude I grew up with got into Strongman and became the youngest ever to compete. He's an absolute monster.

Much credit to the body builder in that vid, only one that doesn't train for sport. Knew he was going to get skunked.

Last edited:
If you don't mind can you share the condition? It's interesting to hear that when everyone claims losing weight is the answer to all physical problems but in your situation it actually caused a problem.
heliumclinton heliumclinton

Not a problem bro

It truly did, I went to see a podiatrist two summers ago during my cut, I was experiencing a wobble in my step that was progressively getting worse with time, so I went in and he X-rayed my feet, he said I have hammer toes. I self diagnosed it further as Mortons Neuroma

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Morton's_neuroma

It causes nonstop tingling in my feet, and my toes somewhat bend by themselves, not by my doing. They cause me a ton of trouble doing my job, lugging my tool bucket and 80lb ladder, I can't walk straight, resemble a drunk to be honest. I drop my ladder quite a bit.. When I have to use the big ladder, to place it on the cable and I feel as though i'm on my toes, instead of my feet. The wobble ,it was so bad I got kicked out of a bar during HH for my 25th birthday for stumbling, wasn't even drunk :lol: :smh:

I sometimes catch myself from completely losing my balance and falling on my ***. It sucks. The struggle, is definitely real for me bros. That's why when people ask for cutting , or losing weight advice I say to take your time!!! I was so determined to lose it asap and here I am complaining about something I did to myself. A sort of self mutilation, and I didn't even know it until it was too late.

I remember going to the gym, hitting the elliptical hard for 80 minutes, stumbling off when done, thinking it was just my legs being tired...I was wrong, doing damage to myself. I regret that part of my cut, being so damn aggresive with it, my only regret during this bettering myself

So in the gym, I stretch, I do my mobility work, but I can't go ATG, when I used to do it freely as a fat youngster. OI have that same feel in my feet, going on my toes when DL'ing as well. It's a hindrance that I can only fix with surgery apparently since i've tried the home remedies with out success

Last edited:
Finally hit 225 on the benchpress, feels good! :smokin
Been on a bulk since September and I have gone up from about 148 lbs to 165.
Been seeing some strength gains overall did 265 x 5 squats and hit a 355 lb DL.
Before I used to do 225x5 and managed to deadlift 330lbs, and 210 on the bench.
When are u guys starting your cuts for the summer?
Im considering starting it pretty soon. I only want to cut down to about 155lbs slowly.

Im considering starting it pretty soon. I only want to cut down to about 155lbs slowly.

congrats on the 225... I'm hoping to join the club here pretty soon.

Been sick for 5 days.

Finally feeling better today.

Tried running the other day, and woke up deathly sick lol.

Hopefully will be able to go in to the gym tomorrow.

It's been 4 days and I feel tiny.

heliumclinton heliumclinton

Not a problem bro

It truly did, I went to see a podiatrist two summers ago during my cut, I was experiencing a wobble in my step that was progressively getting worse with time, so I went in and he X-rayed my feet, he said I have hammer toes. I self diagnosed it further as Mortons Neuroma

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Morton's_neuroma

Damn, lol @ getting kicked out the club. Thanks for sharing bro, and definitely true about taking your time losing weight but once you see the weight coming off it's hard to slow down. You were cutting AND 80 mins on the ellipitcal? :wow: I need that type of dedication

45 to 60 minutes is ideal gym time, if you want workouts that are efficient and will kick your *** follow the link:

http://niketalk.com/t/580564/official-crossfit-thread-no-bullies-allowed/0_20

Asks for workout, get's exercises...
laugh.gif
Does a group of exercises not make up a workout?

congrats on the 225... I'm hoping to join the club here pretty soon.

I was over that club but I had constant shoulder pain. I dropped down to fix my form and weight adjustment and I'm at 170 now. I'll be back up there properly, I think before I pushed too far too soon with poor form.

Back
Top Bottom