STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

Just remembered it's been one year since I made my first post in here. I remember it was Groundhog's Day. Damn time flies.

Just got done running 7 miles. Ready for some wings and pizza.

For those looking for stuff for the playlist, check out this page I stumbled up on on Reddit:

http://www.reddit.com/r/Liftingmusic/

Kinda wanna go to the gym during the Super Bowl. Just to see what it's like.
nerd.gif

Chicks probably running around like unsupervised school children.

BRO I JUST MURDERED IT TODAY.

LIVED UP TO MY IG NAME.

AFTER THAT ALMOST DIED DURING METCON.

IM READY FOR LATER. CANT STUFF MY FACE TOO MUCH OR GET WASTED BC MY BAR SHIFT STARTS AT 8 LOL

I need to find a better time to go to the gym. Way to busy after work, had to wait to use weights, and two dudes got in a fight because one was blocking the other's view in mirror. Smh. 

Do most of you guys go right after work or early in the AM?

Must be nice getting off at a set time everyday :lol:

the bell rings at 3:15 but I usually don't walk out until 5pm... sometimes later. Sometimes earlier, just always depends. But that golden time of day at the gym is def between 3 and 4, I'm talking sunshine from heaven golden!

I'm not about that waking up early life--I don't like waking up early as it is!

i workout at work every weekday - usually at 8 or 10 or sometimes at 1. workout in a commercial gym on sundays at 5am.

i workout at work every weekday - usually at 8 or 10 or sometimes at 1. workout in a commercial gym on sundays at 5am.
I'm thinking of just working out at my work too. Maybe i'll try that out tomorrow and see how that goes.

Had a little stomach virus the past couple of days, killed my appetite. Cant decide if it was good or bad considering im trying to cut a little lol

Back in there today for class.

I go 9-10:00am Monday through Friday at my schools Rec center. I'd prefer to go later in the day when class is over, but the crowds anytime afternoon are crazy

I need a dumbbell set, does anyone have experience with any adjustable dumbbells?
My boy had a Powerblock system, 10-90lbs.

You can buy extra weights to up it to 135lbs I believe.

They were great, easily adjustable, but took a few workouts to get used to the weight distribution and shape.

I have the Bowflex 1090s, got them off ebay for under retail even after shipping. Think I paid about 350 total. People talk bad about them online, but I never had a problem with mine, I think those people have the older ones before Bowflex recalled them and started making that particular piece out of metal. I can do like goblet squats or something where you're holding the weight in such a way as it's hanging by the gears that hold the weight and it's no problem, even throwing crossfit-y exercises but people on slickdeals always swear the weight will come disconnected and break a window. IDK. They ARE huge though, so can be awkward for some movements and affect R.O.M but you just adjust accordingly and it's no biggie

Check Craigslist too, you can catch them cheap on there locally a lot

Last edited:
Yeah I did a quick search and seemed like the main three people have are the Powerblocks, Ironmaster, and Bowflex. Not many had anything good to say about the Bowflex, but seems like it's the best mechanism, the Powerblock has an awkward shape that might take a while to get used to, and the Ironmaster looks like it takes too long to switch out the plates.

It's between the Powerblock and Bowflex right now. Going to wait it out and look for a deal

Right now I'm just using a room in our basement, but I already have a treadmill, power rack, bench, olympic set and curling bar down there. In a few months I'm moving out and everything but the treadmill will be moved into a garage.
Budget is around 400. I'd rather have an adjustable set instead of the hex dumbbells too

Back
Top Bottom