STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

Legit only exercise I stay away from longevity of my back is important since I'm in medical. I just don't believe it's that good of an exercise

Deadlifts are great...

I just fouled up one time and got an unpaid vacation to snap city and I've been scared to get back on them :smh:

I think if I had a partner I would.

Deadlifts are great...

I just fouled up one time and got an unpaid vacation to snap city and I've been scared to get back on them :smh:

I know they are but I just have seen some awful mishaps from even dudes with fantastic form. I just work other exercises in to target those muscles for me. I used to wrestle in H.S they had us throwing up like 360+ on the dead lifts. Don't really believe that much weight is good for my back. But I'm no expert just my personal opinion

If anything, deadlifting heavy with proper form is good for your back.

I have a friend who had chronic back problems and deadlifting has helped him damn near eliminate them.

360 lbs is not even that crazy man, come on. :lol:

Deadlifting makes my back feel wonderful, some of you find the lamest excuses, :lol:

Backs all jacked up because most don't know how to activate the hips and the hammies.

First time deadlifting and pulling three plates, I'm cringing just thinking about it, first time so it's a pretty safe bet that form/technique went out the window.

You don't need a partner, just start light and work your way up to 65-75% of your 1RM until you feel comfortable again.

Last edited:
Deadlift is the only compound movement you can go super heavy on without a spot so I don't see where the partner thing comes in.

Deadlift is the only compound movement you can go super heavy on without a spot so I don't see where the partner thing comes in.

Not a lot of mirrors in my gym...

I dont trust my form w/o someone helping me out, telling me where my problems are... making sure my chest is up, lats engaged, back not rounded, etc. Not about being spotted to help the weight.

When i hurt myself i was flat for like 8 days.... :lol:

Since then I've worked on my hip mobility a lot, and I do back extensions to hit lower back.... but the machine i use only goes up to 305 and I can do sets of 10 on that w/ close to no problem. :lol:

The deadlift has just been a mental block for me the past few months. I'll get over it one day

Tell dudes deadlifting over 800 that pulling 350 isn't good for your back lol

Go watch some Pete Rubiah vids, they will make you **** your pants and pull your back out all at once.

Not a lot of mirrors in my gym...

I dont trust my form w/o someone helping me out, telling me where my problems are... making sure my chest is up, lats engaged, back not rounded, etc. Not about being spotted to help the weight.

When i hurt myself i was flat for like 8 days....
laugh.gif

Since then I've worked on my hip mobility a lot, and I do back extensions to hit lower back.... but the machine i use only goes up to 305 and I can do sets of 10 on that w/ close to no problem.
laugh.gif

The deadlift has just been a mental block for me the past few months. I'll get over it one day

Just do the. I didnt start deadlifting again for over a year and half after I had surgery on my lower back. Was scared as hell to do them but got over it. Started light and worked back up to 225, havent pulled more than that yet, although I could, I'm taking it slow. Going to stick there for awhile before I move up. Dont have any plans of pulling 315 + but we'll see once I get there.

@durden7 , @zyzz

Let me rephrase. Today was my first day dead lifting heavy. I been working on my form twice a week for about a month. Doing between 175 and 225 for sets of 5 to make sure I could maintain form under some weight.

And to those nervous about doing dead lifts because of form, I just would ask random people around the gym to record my sets on my phone for me. That's what I did and people were really cool about it. I even got some good tips from some ppl.

Chest tonight.

I hate not having a gym partner to spot me lately. I'm not social at all, don't have it in me to ask a random person to help me. :smh:

KFC brought the Double Down back

Before I started lifting, I use to murder a couple of these a day about 3 years ago :lol:

Can't front, **** is soo good :smokin

SMH ITS BEEN A WEEK SINCE I BEEN TO THE GYM

TATTOO IS HEALING WELL, JUST HAVE URGE TO SCRATCH

I FEEL LIKE A FAT GIRL SMH

THINKING OF GOING IN TOMORROW FOR LEGS.

lol. ever see the recipes for alcohol and preworkouts? i don't drink anymore but i know that's gotta be like 4loco on roids. bad idea :lol:

KFC brought the Double Down back

Before I started lifting, I use to murder a couple of these a day about 3 years ago :lol:

Can't front, **** is soo good :smokin

thats just disgusting to look at

ive ate worse on a daily basis tho but yea, i wouldnt eat that. not because its unhealthy but it just looks really groce

ain't nothing wrong with a good double down or 3.
Shoulders today with some auxiliary arm work.

Dumbell press
lat raises
rear-delt raises
Overhead bar bell press
up right rows

DB shurgs
some bicep curls

Back
Top Bottom