STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

What body fat do you have to be to have visible abs? Mine are finally visible, but not by a whole lot, I just don't have to flex to make them pop lol. I'm 160, 5'10 btw.

Im also very vascular, I'm sure that has less to do with bodyfat and more to do with genetics.

You need to stop worrying about your abs, and worried about the fact that you are 160 and 5'10... but that's none of my business

Vascularity is very genetics based, along with low BF. You weigh 160, you should be vascular.

Not trying to take shots, even though it looks like it, |I
I was NOT worried about my abs, the replies BEFORE mine was about bodyfat and abs, I was just adding to the topic that mine are visible at my height and weight. Now, why should I be concerned about my weight height? Is there a specific rule or book that I overlooked or did I break a workout law? :nerd: :smh:

The paleo diet (like every other fad diet that has ever existed) is a fluke. Any "diet" will **** up your metabolism in the long run. The answer is just overall sound and well rounded eating, consistently. 

Dat there bro-science, :lol:

How is the Paleo diet, which isn't a diet to a lot of people a fluke? :lol:

Most people that go on it give it rave reviews in terms of energy and results. I'm not talking about the people that do it for 30 days either, talking about the people that have adopted it and ran with it.

Eliminating processed foods is a bad thing? :lol:

You need to stop worrying about your abs, and worried about the fact that you are 160 and 5'10... but that's none of my business

Vascularity is very genetics based, along with low BF. You weigh 160, you should be vascular.

Not trying to take shots, even though it looks like it, |I

This makes me feel bad. I'm 5'10" 190lbs. I'm trying to get down to 175lbs.

Soccer player Gareth bale. 6 ft, 160 pounds.

Hate comparing an elite athlete to normal folks but i agree you can look that vascular like him if you put in that work

Also, since this gets asked often, some science backed info on BCAA's:

Since the 1980's there has been high interest in branched-chain amino acids (BCAA) by sports nutrition scientists. The metabolism of BCAA is involved in some specific biochemical muscle processes and many studies have been carried out to understand whether sports performance can be enhanced by a BCAA supplementation. However, many of these researches have failed to confirm this hypothesis. Thus, in recent years investigators have changed their research target and focused on the effects of BCAA on the muscle protein matrix and the immune system. Data show that BCAA supplementation before and after exercise has beneficial effects for decreasing exercise-induced muscle damage and promoting muscle-protein synthesis. Muscle damage develops delayed onset muscle soreness: a syndrome that occurs 24-48 h after intensive physical activity that can inhibit athletic performance. Other recent works indicate that BCAA supplementation recovers peripheral blood mononuclear cell proliferation in response to mitogens after a long distance intense exercise, as well as plasma glutamine concentration. The BCAA also modifies the pattern of exercise-related cytokine production, leading to a diversion of the lymphocyte immune response towards a Th1 type. According to these findings, it is possible to consider the BCAA as a useful supplement for muscle recovery and immune regulation for sports events.

It's relatively cheap, IMO.

I stand on both sides of the fence with paleo. I am all for eating fresh, minimal processed foods specifically tons of meat with protein and greens (veggies). I haven't bought in to excluding an entire food group regardless of the reason. Carb cycling, limiting carbs, etc can be beneficial. My girls father went paleo and doesn't eat wheat/carbs and dropped tons of weight (35 lb plus) and his health skyrocketed. Me? As a 175 lb guy trying to bulk, I'll eat complex health carbs to my benefit unless my body tells me otherwise. 5 day splits with carbs as my source of fuel is ok with me atm.

Last edited:
Also, for a PRE try Arnold Iron Pump. Went from c4 to that and was AMAZED. Rasberry lemonade taste like koolaid! I warn you tho, drink slow!

Pre workouts are a sham... they get you psychologically hooked on them having all these people keep buying more and using more scoops.

Just a way for the fitness industry to make more, just like that "3 scoops of protein" a day bs they do to sell whey.

Pre workouts are a sham... they get you psychologically hooked on them having all these people keep buying more and using more scoops.

Just a way for the fitness industry to make more, just like that "3 scoops of protein" a day bs they do to sell whey.

i disagree

i been lifting weights literally a decade plus now

they do in fact give you an edge especially for ppl not on PHs or Steroids, if you have to use more an more scoops youre relying on a pre, ive always cycle pres an I use only as needed

if you need 3 scoops of a product that means the product sucks or youre abusing.

Last edited:

Agree to disagree. I think they're useful, granted the potency wears quicker with some. I went from 1 to 2 scoops of c4 for the same effect after about a month of taking it. Later Switched to Arnold with the same serving size throughout and had great workouts.

Quit taking it when I ran out. Just Got c4 again and on 1 scoop I am good! Its not a necessity by any means just a nice Aid. No whether or not they're "healthy" is debatable but psychology hooked? Nah.

Last edited:

Wouldn't say sham, but they are completely unneeded.

Last edited:
i disagree

i been lifting weights literally a decade plus now

they do in fact give you an edge especially for ppl not on PHs or Steroids, if you have to use more an more scoops youre relying on a pre, ive always cycle pres an I use only as needed

if you need 3 scoops of a product that means the product sucks or youre abusing.

Yeah cycling on and off is the way to go.

I see what yall mean... If that extra boost leads to more gains then it is worth it... I just see so many bros at the Gym talmbout how they spend around bill a month buying pre workouts. I'd be buying some filet mignon with that ****

I see what yall mean... If that extra boost leads to more gains then it is worth it... I just see so many bros at the Gym talmbout how they spend around bill a month buying pre workouts. I'd be buying some filet mignon with that ****

Yes :lol:

I don't know about y'all but if I don't need it I'm saving that money for something else. I'll pump my damn self up

I use preworkouts for just a little boost..

I have terrible sleeping habits and when I get home from work in the evenings I just need something to wake me up a bit.. I don't expect some miracle or anything

Last edited:

:smh:

haven't had a stim break in like forever. ~250 mg. caff and some noots in a pre still works out just fine for me. RIP craze though. however much eth they put in there was just right :lol:

Last edited:
I normally lift at 24, but got a change to check out some new platforms at Lifetime today. Since I was actually lifting with a friend today, I took full advantage of it and took some videos to check my form. I also got my body fat measured. 

Last edited:
Lifetimer here also. Good gym. They have pretty much everything you need and then some. Can get a little crowded. Good to know some NTers in there.

On the west coast for the first time in 7 years, had a number 1 animal style at in n out an hr ago. I might gain 5 pounds on this West coast trip

By the way, for any NTers that's been on both coasts... Shake Shack > in n out

Hell no :lol:

Animal style fries from In n Out >>>

What the hell are these pre workouts, what are they made of and aint yall worried about taking stuff that affects your CNS in that way?? :nerd:

Back
Top Bottom