STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

Better off going to chipotle
i get a salad with double chicken at least twice a week 
pimp.gif

Chipotle is God.

I hate the 5 rep deadlift day of 5-3-1. The feels in my hamstrings right now are so bad.

Gonna need a wheelchair after that leg workout this morning haha. Really dreading going to the bathroom to take a dump it's gonna hurt to sit down

I drink a protein shake after my workout in the morning (52g)  about two hours later I eat my quest bar with my coffee...that's 72 grams of protein in a two hour span.  Is that too much protein in too little time?

your body can handle 30-50 grams an hour (pending on your size or how much you work out (could be wrong about the parameters) . you're ok
what your body doesnt use in protein you crap out.

Last edited:
squats, deadlifts, ohp and ran a mile this morning..I feel my body needs all the protein it can get 
laugh.gif

So I've been working out hitting each body part once or twice a week for the longest time and just getting no noticeable gains. I'm gonna go all out and try to hit each body part 3x a week and see what happens (except legs, I will probably stay at once a week).

So I've been working out hitting each body part once or twice a week for the longest time and just getting no noticeable gains. I'm gonna go all out and try to hit each body part 3x a week and see what happens (except legs, I will probably stay at once a week).
I hit legs twice a week... Make sure you're doing compound lifts i.e. Bench Press/Overhead Press/Squads/Cleans/Deadlifts/Pullups/Dips

If you avoid compounds you will never make any gains. Try to go up 5 lbs per week. I'm usually too sore to hit every body part twice in one week.

Monday- Squat/Dead

Tues- Pullups/Cleans

Wed- Overhead Press

Thurs- Benchpress/Dips

Fri- Squat

Sat- Dead/Cleans

Sun- Off

I also throw in aux. lifts after the major lifts.

You getting stronger mane? Glad to see you stayed with it. I remember when you first starting Stronglifts...
yep, today was actually my one year anniversary 
laugh.gif

I dropped to 3x3 for squats and bench, but kept up with 5x5 on OHP

went from never squatting in my life to cruising through 5x5 225.  Threw 315 on for fun this morning and was able to grind out 3.  Powerlifting is no joke, I went through a lot of highs and lows (mostly lows) but it is no question making me the strongest I can be.

2015 i'll be focusing on a more structured diet

let the gains begin

yep, today was actually my one year anniversary 
laugh.gif

I dropped to 3x3 for squats and bench, but kept up with 5x5 on OHP

went from never squatting in my life to cruising through 5x5 225.  Threw 315 on for fun this morning and was able to grind out 3.  Powerlifting is no joke, I went through a lot of highs and lows (mostly lows) but it is no question making me the strongest I can be.

2015 i'll be focusing on a more structured diet

let the gains begin
Congrats mane! Love to see people put in the hard work, and stick with it. Are you eating right too?

Congrats mane! Love to see people put in the hard work, and stick with it. Are you eating right too?
Thanks

Monday-Friday i'm strict

all out the window on the weekend

that is stopping now, i'm only going to allow myself one cheat meal sunday night

Last edited by a moderator:

Thanks

Monday-Friday i'm strict

all out the window on the weekend

that is stopping now, i'm only going to allow myself one cheat meal sunday night
Thats awesome dude, I was doing the same thing Mon-Fri... Cheat like hell Saturday and Sunday until watched this...

This is my favorite youtube fitness bro. He gives solid advice, and appears to be natty. I was stuck around 17% bf started doing this and dropping bf.

^That's what I was doing for the longest time. Eating clean 5 days a week and just eating like a damn pig on the weekends.

It really should only be one or two cheat meals a week.

I felt like my weekends undo all the clean eating I do on the weekdays :lol

Last edited:

Thats awesome dude, I was doing the same thing Mon-Fri... Cheat like hell Saturday and Sunday until watched this...

This is my favorite youtube fitness bro. He gives solid advice, and appears to be natty. I was stuck around 17% bf started doing this and dropping bf.

and there it is, that's what I needed..thanks again sir

i bet it's mostly your diet and partially your routine. you should post them up. also, are you progressively adding more weight or more reps each week or so?

Any tips on increasing my bench? I only hit it about 2x a week which is prob why I lack stength :(

Felt like death today doing 185 for 4 reps

Finally got my squat back up to 225 today with good depth.

As I was doing it a tall skinny kid loaded up 275 for quarter squats and had his girl spotting him.

Gain weight
This. Also get on a real program, hitting it 2 times a week is definitely enough frequency.

But getting strong takes time just like adding muscle.

Don't expect it to go up if your cutting or worrying about abs though.

Any tips on increasing my bench? I only hit it about 2x a week which is prob why I lack stength :(

Felt like death today doing 185 for 4 reps
floor press, ohp, banded work, JM press all help. Try adding reps to the weight you currently do it at

Back
Top Bottom