STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

Tell me if this is ignorant....from my nutritions and fitness class i'm learning that the people who know the MOST...tend to be the most out of shape...
too many times i see people swearing form, technique, names of exercises etc etc but spend so much time trying to be knowledgable they lack the actual DOING of what the learn...
again i'm sorry for being ignorant but it's an observation from lately.
iLLest!

Well, there's a clear distinction between knowing what to do from a technical standpoint, but lacking the desire to actually execute.

Truuuuu...i've seen it over and over again, half the dudes at my school in the exercise science classes for the physical trainer programs have a gut...i don't get it

Ayo iLLest where are you located bro?

bay area.

anyone tryna get nasty in the gym with me? :tongue:

BTW. my fitness channel kicks off 1/22! lemme know if you want involvement!

also.

i was thinking yesterday, and i was surprised everyone in here is NATURAL. as far as i know.

iLLest!

Freeze is probably the only one in here who is big enough to even be suspect, the rest of us are pretty small! (forgive me if i forgot someone :wow: no disrespect)

Freeze recommended I take 2 days off (lifted last 8 days) so ima go get a massage today. They do wonders!

iLLest!

You'll thank me later. just get some rest these next two days. plenty of sleep and relaxation. And still get your meals in. Stay mentally busy to keep your mind off that itch. Come Sunday, you'll feel like Logan.

Need some new recipes.
Links anyone?
nerd.gif
Pinterest. srs

I've gotten some good paleo recipes from there. I'm sure they have some at whatever you are going after.

I'm about to switch my routine up to calisthenics. Just getting tired of paying for a gym membership when Planet Fitness sucks. And there's a park like right next to my house.

Good looking out Sneakerfan1 on those shoulder exercises.

Had a great workout today.

Dumbbell Presses

Lateral Raises + Front Raises

Shrugs

Upright Row

Standing Low-Pulley Deltoid Raise

Military Press

Cable Rope Overhead Triceps Extension

Triceps Pushdown

Close-Grip Barbell Bench Press

Bench Dips

Can't wait to feel the aftermath tomorrow morning.

Nice!  Out of curiosity, did you finish off your shoulders with military presses?
I posted everything in the order they were done. This was my first time doing shoulders in weeks so the Lateral Raises + Front raises superset killed me. Almost didn't finish the Military but the guy waiting to use the machine offered to spot me.
Was gonna say.  I'd only recommend putting something like that at the end with a good spotter.  Tough to hit a compound lift like that at the end.  Read my mind lol.  Good stuff, I'm pretty sure your shoulders are on fire.

Getting ready to hit the gym soon.  Back destruction.

Out of curiosity, I just scrolled through the pics in this thread, Freeze are you homeboy with the Uncontested tee?  If so, damn son no Romo.
laugh.gif

I'm close...but my pec development needs work to catch up to that.  I'll man up eventually and throw a pic up, lol.

Time to get it in Team Fit!  Hopefully the eye candy is of age tonight.

This is always one of the busiest threads right after the new year hits.
looks at join date

its just busy period mane, this is vol 3, there are times when the original thread and this thread are both on the first page so idk whatchaheard

Long time lurker, first time poster. First and foremost, THANKS to everyone. This thread has been amazing. My path to a healthier lifestyle started in November. I am on a mission.

The only thing I slack and am now committed to is my diet. I am a vegetarian and I want to know the best foods/snacks that I can incorporate into my diet with good protein?
-Greek yogurt
-almonds
-cottage cheese
-Black beans?

All help would be appreciated.

After all that talking pages ago you're not who I thought you'd be.

Was gonna say.  I'd only recommend putting something like that at the end with a good spotter.  Tough to hit a compound lift like that at the end.  Read my mind lol.  Good stuff, I'm pretty sure your shoulders are on fire.

Man, I had a hard time taking a shower before work. No ayo. :lol:

In the order you mentioned them.

Thanks. Time to create the workout.

Last edited:
Long time lurker, first time poster. First and foremost, THANKS to everyone. This thread has been amazing. My path to a healthier lifestyle started in November. I am on a mission.
The only thing I slack and am now committed to is my diet. I am a vegetarian and I want to know the best foods/snacks that I can incorporate into my diet with good protein?
-Greek yogurt
-almonds
-cottage cheese
-Black beans?

- Quality protein powder. Optimum nutrition, universal nutrition are good.

- Jiffy natural peanut butter (if pb is ok. I honestly dont know)

off the top i cant think of anything else, your best bet is to google it son.

-Greek yogurt
-almonds
-cottage cheese
-Black beans?

They have Soy and Pea proteins, hear they taste terrible but you can chug them.

:] you're gonna love it.
i just finished my massage. gadamnnnnn! :pimp:
want a healthy fast food joint but don't know where to go. all i gots is yogurt at home. haha
Tryna not eat too much on off days.
iLLest!

Burito Bowl - Brown Rice, double Chicken, lettuce , blck beans,

all like 500 calories and 60-70g protein

just finished a hellacious chest day. lowed the weight quite a bit and really just focused on the stretch and the squeeze. i loved it. was doing chest superset with light bicep work, but when i tell you the pump and pain in my arms was crazy, i mean nutso.

but yea, my chest feels great, lowering the weight some really allowed me to focus on how my muscles stretched and contracted, added with the fact my tempo was 3-4 seconds on negatives and explosive back up, i got humbled real fast lol. i loved it though. it was funny seeing the sideways looks from people when they caught me burning out from such light weight lol, meanwhile my body is trumping theirs. I know this way of doing stuff is nothing new...but...uhmmm..bros...we may be on to something! hahaha

Anyone here make their own smoothies?

I tried one called "Muscle Mass" its "Blueberry Pineapple w/ Mass Building Amino Acids" from the Nrgizer bar at LA Fitness. Its so damn good but $5 and I have to add $1 for every 15grams of protein.

Can someone recommend me some good amino acids in powder form. I'd to try and make my own blend.

Back
Top Bottom