STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

Gay marriage is going to boost your business
pimp.gif
lol, my specialty is adolescents as the identified client. i jsut believe that healing involves restructuring famiky dynamics.

when i work with couples i specifically ask them am i helping you to stay together or break up.

Marriage and family therapist. Kinda random career choice for a Filipino. Don't think I've seen that before lol

Me, I'm a total stereotype :pimp:

Last edited:
Marriage and family therapist. Kinda random career choice for a Filipino. Don't think I've seen that before lol

Me, I'm a total stereotype
pimp.gif
lmao i can never be a nurse. but al lrespect to them, my mom an OG RN at her hospital.

I actually started my career in a hospital. Psych tech, then became a case manager for adolescent partial care.

hospital is in an urban / poor socioeconomic city. i was limited in my work in the hospital setting because the window of potential for change was limited.

thats why i pursued a masters (that and i wanted to make more money lol).

but yea i know im known as a troll but in real life im quite different (well i still troll in real life too)

Most nurses work 12 hour shifts. While I don't, it doesn't seem too bad. Work 3 days a week for 3 weeks, 4 days one week. And sometimes you'll get lucky where you're off the last four days of one week schedule and you're off the first four days the following week and you're off 8 days straight without asking for a day off

Most nurses work 12 hour shifts. While I don't, it doesn't seem too bad. Work 3 days a week for 3 weeks, 4 days one week. And sometimes you'll get lucky where you're off the last four days of one week schedule and you're off the first four days the following week and you're off 8 days straight without asking for a day off

It's always my nurse friends on facebook that complain about their hours, they act like no other profession works long hours...

I'm a nurse at a mental hospital.
what do you do when that one big dude has a psychotic break and wants to chew your nose off? push him away for AMRAP?

forreal though, i work in a substance abuse/behavioral health facility and it can get dodgy. have had to handle some interesting situations but you must have seen much worse.

When I worked in. A psych ward, we weren't supposed to restrain. Man gtho w that if I had to take someone down they went down

yup. we aren't supposed to seclude, restrain or get physical but that goes out the window when someone gets aggressive and verbal de-escalation isn't working.

Lol they are very liberal with seclusions and medications where I work at. That's probably going to change in a couple years according to the doctors, because of the implementing of new policies.

Lol I have a patient on restraints 24/7. Wrist to belt if he's on good behavior and seclusions if he's on bad behavior. It used to be if he even looked at us funny it was an automatic 5 points.

Patient used to scare the bejesus out of me. Couldn't eem look him in the eye at one point. Now it's like whatever.

You can't eem make him up though. Institutionalized since he was aged 4 and been in the system ever since. You can't eem keep him on the same floor as the other patients. He has a whole floor to himself.

Stuntman Mike, this is not the norm where I'm at though. In all honesty, 95 percent of the patients are actually pretty cool and you can get along with them, especially when they are taking their meds. The other 5 percent can take up a lot of work though.

Last edited:
Friend of mine signed me up for the Peachtree Road Race here in Atl and didn't tell me till yesterday... if y'all don't hear from me again you know why

Back
Top Bottom