STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

Right before I fall into this trap again with people who never post anything helpful in here
laugh.gif

Ive never met any grown *** man who says cheerleading is a sport though. Don't give a **** about what the dictionary says.
What makes it not a sport. I am referring to competitive cheering.

You can't argue anything without having a clear definition of what it is that you're arguing.

If two sides differ on what that definition is, there's no answer and you're wasting your time.

But the dedinition of sport is clear and universally accepted. There really is no debate.
The debate is if certain sports should be made a big deal of or not

In golf you play for the lowest score and that's it. Other golfer's score can't affect your golfing. 

I personally don't consider golf a sport, but that's me. It takes a tremendous amount of skill, but I don't consider it a sport.

With the athleticism, strength and focus that requires, how can that not be a sport?
Because the key competitors of the sport are underaged high school girls? Maybe that is the reason they don't view it as a spot. Which is ridiculous.

If gymnastics is a sport, logically explain how cheerleading isn't

In golf you play for the lowest score and that's it. Other golfer's score can't affect your golfing. 
I personally don't consider golf a sport, but that's me. It takes a tremendous amount of skill, but I don't consider it a sport.

In track and field you run for the lowest time, farthest/highest jump, farthest throw where other performances not affecting yours... so that's not a sport?

Last edited:
In track and field you run for the lowest time, farthest/highest jump, farthest throw where other performers not affecting yours... so that's not a sport?
To me no it isn't.

Like I said Track is difficult and they're very athletic, but I don't see it as a sport.

So gymnastics isn't a sport based on that logic

Physical competition is the umbrella

1. Competitions that involve in direct competition in which you and your opponent are sharing the same space, competing at the same time. (major sports, fighting)

2. Competitions that involve you and your opponents taking turns (gymnastics, cheer, dance)

They are all sports
I will just leave this here

Back
Top Bottom