STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

Putting it in the fridge for 3 hours can't wait

Today I learned I could increase my bench my doing squats first. Its been real leg press machine.
Not only your bench but any other lift after squatting. I remember reading squatting raises a lot of testosterone for the rest of the workout but any full-body lift will do the same
I assume are referring to squats raising testosterone

All compound exercises will raise your T because of the pressure it puts on your central nervous system....

-squats

-lunges

-military press

-deadlift

-back rows

-close & regular grip bench press

so many benefits from da increase of T

-sex drive (da yams will be thankful)

-bone formation/density

-raises energy levels

-better moods

-overall strength.

your body will thank you 
nthat.gif
pimp.gif
smokin.gif

Last edited:
Well if I wanted to squat and someone was deadlifting or doing power cleans in the squat rack, I would politely ask them if they'd mind doing them outside of the squat rack.
I'm confused as to why you need a squat rack to do deadlifts in? Does the squat rack have a platform with rubber padding under where the weights land on deadlifts? If not, I don't see why you need a squat rack to deadlift...

Yes it does as well as a place for me to place the bar slightly off the ground so I can load my plates on with out having to lift up the bar with one hand and load with the other

Asking someone to lift somewhere else so I can do my lifts wouldn't fly in my gym I dnt about yours

No way would I ask someone to move out of their power rack/squat rack/whatever rack.

Proper gym etiquette, even if they are slightly in the wrong is if someone has an area, that area is all theirs until they are done. Unless of course its something like cables or something where you can work in if they are cool with it. But racks and whatnot? Just wait.

2 questions

What do you guys take your creatine with?
I heard you should take it with apple or grape juice, helps spikes your insulin

Do you guys take it before or after your workout?

Thanks

2 questions

Thanks
i always mixed with water when using it.

stomach's are highly acidic already without the apple/grape juice

it shouldn't make a difference either way

I wouldn't go and straight out ask the guys to move out the power rack, I'd just ask them if i could work in my squats if it's the only power rack/squat rack in the gym. But I mean, something ought to be said to folk who go and curl in the squat rack.

I just wait and go to my next routine/ do something else that works that bodypart because I dont want anyone disrupting me when I do my workout

even though It gets so much hate everywhere on the itnernet I`m thinking about adding leg extensions, I see pros do it and I need to do more than LEg press (dont do squats anymore after tweaking my back and dont plan on doing them again till I join a gym with a rack and not a smith machine)

I wouldn't go and straight out ask the guys to move out the power rack, I'd just ask them if i could work in my squats if it's the only power rack/squat rack in the gym. But I mean, something ought to be said to folk who go and curl in the squat rack.
I never understood why dudes think its as good idea.

I always look at them like 

I just wait and go to my next routine/ do something else that works that bodypart because I dont want anyone disrupting me when I do my workout

even though It gets so much hate everywhere on the itnernet I`m thinking about adding leg extensions, I see pros do it and I need to do more than LEg press (dont do squats anymore after tweaking my back and dont plan on doing them again till I join a gym with a rack and not a smith machine)
lunges bro

you gym doesn't have a squat rack?! YOU WOT M8?

I would personally clean the weight and start front squating rather than using a smith machine.

So many helpful info posted in this thread. I wish I could favorite posts like we can do on Twitter for tweets. :lol:

illest did you post your youtube channel? wanna check it out....
and dudes in here really seem to love their chickens lol

i have never experienced this increase in bench strength after squatting. i start many of my workouts with a big compound movement and i do the occasional strength day with squats, bench then deads. on days i attempt to go up in weight on bench, i do my usual warm-up starting with rotator cuff and then do a little bit of light benching then get right to it. i've been to powerlifting meets and never once did i see them warming up for bench press by doing squats.

Gonna start Hannibal's beginners callisthenics routine tomorrow morning with a few more things added in.

Last edited:
you gym doesn't have a squat rack?! YOU WOT M8?
I would personally clean the weight and start front squating rather than using a smith machine.

its a free gym at my apartment lol I`m not complaint, like I stated earlier there is a hardcore bodybuilder gym down the street I`m gonn join when I feel I`m ready

protein powder cheesecake ?

yea, presentaton is bad, but taste is amazing. Target didnt have fat free cream cheese so I have to use 1/3 , so my macros calculated diff than dudes. def gonna get the Great Value fat free cream cheese next time much lower in calories (150 per slice for 250 for what I made)

Yes it does as well as a place for me to place the bar slightly off the ground so I can load my plates on with out having to lift up the bar with one hand and load with the other
Asking someone to lift somewhere else so I can do my lifts wouldn't fly in my gym I dnt about yours
Using a platform (presumably with bumper plates) for olympic lifts is a completely legitimate use. I'm not sure what you're objecting to in the first place.
Aside from asking them how much longer they're going to use the platform for, there's not much you can do. I'm assuming your deadlift weight is significantly higher than their power clean weight, such that working in would be counter productive.

And yes, if someone was deadlifting in squat cage or rowing in a squat cage or something along those lines and I needed to squat, I would politely suggest they do it elsewhere. 9 times out of 10 people oblige. Perhaps your gym is a lot more hardcore than the university gyms I'm used to.

2 questions
Thanks

I just throw the tablespoon in with some protein in a shaker and take it with that for convenience. Timing of it doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things. The fruit juice thing is widely thrown around, but I think the marginal benefits of taking creatine with fruit juice versus taking it straight up with water or with protein are minimal.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom