STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

Yesterday was chest day.

Warmed up on the elliptical to raise the body temp (forcing myself not to jump my rope on my big lifting days, easier said than done).

Got on the bench, hit 2 warmup sets of 135.  Bumped up to 225, 2 sets of 10.  Bumped up to 245 knocked out 8 easy reps so I moved right up to 275.  6 reps like it's nothing.  In the zone.  Instead of bumping right to 315 I screw up and go to 295.  6 reps with it was easier than the 275.  By the time I hit 315 (the point where the weight starts to get in my head lol)...3 reps.  Ugh.  It's all mental.  I'm used to training without a spotter, so when I hit that point that I need help, I get paranoid, lol.  Crazy trust issues cause me to still lift like I don't have a spotter even when I see someone right there...gotta overcome it.  Next time I'll make the proper increases in weight.  None of that ***** ish haha.

Followed flat up with some incline DB presses, cable flyes, and a bunch of dips before calling it a night.

Now I feel like I'm gonna break into a diary type post like iLLest haha.

Asian chick at the gym with her man, Johnny Bravo *** lookin' dude.  Big *** hair and all.  Shorty was wearing booty shorts, *** checks all out.  Girl was thick as ****.  When she laid down on the bench you could basically see everything.  Every mofo up in that piece was scoping homegirl out.
laugh.gif

Every dude wants a bad chick, but to me, she's gotta leave a lil to the imagination.  It's nice to know that dudes want what you have, but they don't have to see EVERYTHING.  haha.

Forcing myself to take today off.  Running on straight fumes.  Maybe use tonight to cook a bunch of food up for the rest of the week and the weekend as I didn't get to make as much as I wanted to on Sunday.

This thread is starting to take off, hope it stays like that all year 
nthat.gif

This thumb is pissing me off, I might just tape it up today cause I'm not taking more than one day off.

Going to hit shoulders and traps like a mofo today, traps have always been a pain to grow for me.

Thxs for all the suggestions and advice. I'll he cutting way down on the supps then. Will finish what I have and then still to ON whey, multi's and fish oil. Just gonna ramp up my focus on my diet. Like I said I like cooking so thats easy.

Hard to follow up a post like the last one with my weak self...but i'll try :lol:

Been throwing in more supersets into my workouts, pushups to failureafter my crossovers are one, that **** killed me this morning :smokin

Yesterday was chest day.

Warmed up on the elliptical to raise the body temp (forcing myself not to jump my rope on my big lifting days, easier said than done).

Got on the bench, hit 2 warmup sets of 135.  Bumped up to 225, 2 sets of 10.  Bumped up to 245 knocked out 8 easy reps so I moved right up to 275.  6 reps like it's nothing.  In the zone.  Instead of bumping right to 315 I screw up and go to 295.  6 reps with it was easier than the 275.  By the time I hit 315 (the point where the weight starts to get in my head lol)...3 reps.  Ugh.  It's all mental.  I'm used to training without a spotter, so when I hit that point that I need help, I get paranoid, lol.  Crazy trust issues cause me to still lift like I don't have a spotter even when I see someone right there...gotta overcome it.  Next time I'll make the proper increases in weight.  None of that ***** ish haha.

Followed flat up with some incline DB presses, cable flyes, and a bunch of dips before calling it a night.

Asian chick at the gym with her man, Johnny Bravo *** lookin' dude.  Big *** hair and all.  Shorty was wearing booty shorts, *** checks all out.  Girl was thick as ****.  When she laid down on the bench you could basically see everything.  Every mofo up in that piece was scoping homegirl out. :lol:

Every dude wants a bad chick, but to me, she's gotta leave a lil to the imagination.  It's nice to know that dudes want what you have, but they don't have to see EVERYTHING.  haha.

Forcing myself to take today off.  Running on straight fumes.  Maybe use tonight to cook a bunch of food up for the rest of the week and the weekend as I didn't get to make as much as I wanted to on Sunday.

try fewer warm up reps. that's a ton of wasted energy on those warm ups.

you're def overtrained too. if you wake up exhausted,you should take the day off to rest.

Back at it. Diet still going strong. Another day, another victory

BREAKFAST: Spinach wrap w/ egg whites, spinach and turkey links. 4 oz boathouse juice

SNACK: 2 slices homemade wheat bread w/ 1 1/2 tbsp natural peanut butter & 1 tbsp jelly

LUNCH: 3/4 cup brown rice w/ 1 cup spinach & 5.5 oz grilled chicken(grill marks for DC..LOL)

SNACK: Banana

DINNER: Mahi Mahi fish stew w/ yuca & potatoes(OMG!)

Taking it a day at a time.  Diet is good, workouts good.  87 days to go.
I see you with the grill marks man. hahaha

But info on the bread? How did you do it? What tools do I need?
Hand made by my mom, she lives close by and normally gives my wife and I a couple loafs.  My mother is a health nut.  I'll get the recipe later and post it.

Hard to follow up a post like the last one with my weak self...but i'll try :lol:
Been throwing in more supersets into my workouts, pushups to failureafter my crossovers are one, that **** killed me this morning :smokin

Supersets are great for building muscle, since I started doing them a few months ago I have seen the benefits 8)

Supersets are great for building muscle, since I started doing them a few months ago I have seen the benefits 8)

yes indeed, i love supersets. it feeds on the energy deposits a little quicker, but i like the results from it.

Yesterday was chest day.

Asian chick at the gym with her man, Johnny Bravo *** lookin' dude.  Big *** hair and all.  Shorty was wearing booty shorts, *** checks all out.  Girl was thick as ****.  When she laid down on the bench you could basically see everything.  Every mofo up in that piece was scoping homegirl out.
laugh.gif

try fewer warm up reps. that's a ton of wasted energy on those warm ups.

you're def overtrained too. if you wake up exhausted,you should take the day off to rest.
I think I mentally psyche myself out when I train sometimes.  I know I can move the weight, but rather than just jumping right at it, I play around.

Between work, family, and the gym, a day of rest will be just what the doctor ordered.  Everytime I say that though I wind up in there doing cardio.  I'm like Pookie from New Jack when it comes to the gym, can't stay away for anything.

What are your thoughts on ZMA?

I'm starting Oxyellite Pro tomorrow. Im usually all against diet pills Nd all of that. I feel that taking them will give me that energy boost I need while giving me that motivation as well. I'm the type of person that can really want something but if I have school and work and other things on my plate, then I'll just keep putting it off to the side.

I'm actually taking it right now. I'm on week 4 of my 8 week cycle and I'm seeing decent results. Dropped about 8 pounds and it gives me a decent amount of energy and it suppresses my hunger fairly well. After I cycle off in Feb I won't try it again for a whole just cause I wanna go about this without fat burning pills. Just trying it out this one time.

Fixing to head to the gym and destroy me chest and triceps! Enjoy your day Team Fit!

I'm starting Oxyellite Pro tomorrow. Im usually all against diet pills Nd all of that. I feel that taking them will give me that energy boost I need while giving me that motivation as well. I'm the type of person that can really want something but if I have school and work and other things on my plate, then I'll just keep putting it off to the side.

I'm actually taking it right now. I'm on week 4 of my 8 week cycle and I'm seeing decent results. Dropped about 8 pounds and it gives me a decent amount of energy and it suppresses my hunger fairly well. After I cycle off in Feb I won't try it again for a whole just cause I wanna go about this without fat burning pills. Just trying it out this one time.

Fixing to head to the gym and destroy me chest and triceps! Enjoy your day Team Fit!

I'm also having a hard time losing this mini beer gut? Anyone have any tips for that? Save the jokes, Im not fat by any means.

Anyone have a link to a good diet plan? I'm trying to bulk up a bit.

I'm also having a hard time losing this mini beer gut? Anyone have any tips for that? Save the jokes, Im not fat by any means.

wait...I'm lost...what exactly do you want? You ask for a diet plan to help you bulk...then imply you need to cut to get rid of your gut......?

Sorry, I was just about to edit that. I'm trying to bulk up and a buddy Im deployed with is trying to lose the gut. Sorry for the confusion, lol.

Putting on muscle and losing body fat at the same time is hard to do..
Even when you have your science down..

Focus on your first goal of putting on 20lbs of muscle..
Its gonna require that you lift heavy.. And eat often..
I would do 5 days of working out and 2 days rest.
You can split it however you want..

The main exercises that will put on muscle are..
Deadlift, squat, bench, pull ups, and barbell shoulder press.
Target a muscle group or two each day and go hard.

After you have bulked up you can work on burning that body fat and endurance.

It takes everyone awhile to reach their peak performance..
So consistency will be key to reaching your goals.

Yes I guess I will go for the 20lb weight gain first. I strongly agree consistency is the biggest factor of getting better at anything.

Any substitutes for deadlifts im not a big fan of them?

My dinner last night:

A Kirkland signature turkey burger (35g protein)
1 cup brown rice
1 cup stir fry veggies that I also got from Costco.

I made a big batch of the veggies and brown rice to make it easier for the week

For the turkey burger I seasoned it with pepper, garlic salt, fiesta lime mrs dash (salt free) and a tiny bit of chili powder. (I love spicy)

For the veggies I used some extra virgin olive oil an sautéed them a bit. I threw on a TINY but of salt. Then lots of pepper. Then some garlic powder. I threw in some baby spinach for some extra greens. Then I poured some low sodium soy sauce and some sesame oil on top and let it sizzle to get that real stir fry taste :pimp:

Added some Siracha to the veggies.
And of course some tapatio to the brown rice and turkey burger.

Since I put in a lotta work at the gym I "treated" myself to a slice of reduced fat Swiss cheese on top of the turkey :lol:

I already had a slice earlier so that's why I considered it a treat lol

Overall it was tasty and filling. Felt great about my back workout with my meal. :pimp:

Hope this gives someone an idea for dinner,
I enjoyed it.

Treat your body well and your body will treat you well. :smile:

Just got done with this leg workout. I think I did OK since I want it to get more in but didn't have the energy. It's the first time I do an early day workout in forever so I might need some preworkout for the mornings.

Back
Top Bottom