STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

I also baked 5 chicken breasts last night to make the rest of the week easier when I get home from gym or work. I recommend my fellow NT'ers do the same, makes time
Management easier :smile:
What I did (in case anyone wants to know) is I took a rectangular baking pan. Put some foil on top. I put a little olive oil on each side of the chicken breasts.
Tiny bit of salt and some pepper on both sides. Then add other spices you like. I used chili powder, fiesta seasoning, and a nice squeeze of lime on them to get that fresh citrusy flavor :pimp:
The chicken isn't *** grilled and crispy when you bake it, so the texture isn't as enjoyable. However it saves time, saves you from washing too many dishes (pots or pans), is healthy and you don't have to be standing over a stove for 20 minutes while it cooks.
Bake them for around 20-22 minutes at 350 degrees, let them cool for a bit, then stash them in a container and enjoy healthy chicken for a few days without a hassle. :smile:
#TeamFit :pimp:

Definitely recommend doing this. I was baking mine so I only had to do it every other day. My uncle grilled 12lbs of chicken breasts for me Sunday so I'm set for the week. Makes it so easy not having to worry about making more every day.

Need help bros. last week I was doing leg press and felt a crazy sharp pain in my right knee. Like it was like someone stabbed it with a kill bill sized sword.

Fast forward a week later and I still cant do squats/leg press because if I even bend it it's gonna start shooting with pain. Should I get this checked out? I've balled and played soccer on the knee recently with no pain but when I try to squat, i can't. Smh

NT has threads for it all. Glad I found this one too.

Just got back on my gym ish 2 weeks ago. Need to burn some BF off and get lean.

This looks pretty legit.

I usually do the chicken breast thing too. I keep a bag of already cooked chicken breast to keep at work, and microwave for my mid morning meal. I've already lost 6lbs since last Wednesday.

Last edited:
You're boy is moving up NT fambily! Today I got added into BYU's football weights program as part of the walk on process. Super excited to start using their facilities. Thanks for all the motivation and get huge everyone!

You're boy is moving up NT fambily! Today I got added into BYU's football weights program as part of the walk on process. Super excited to start using their facilities. Thanks for all the motivation and get huge everyone!

Congrats Fam

when i'm trying to cut, i check the scale first thing (after piss/poop and before eating or drinking anything) mondays. make the necessary adjustments based on the results.

awesome execution of that gif :lol:

scale doesnt mean much to me (weight loss wise)

if you look and feel different then your doing good. Scale fluctuates and doesnt tell the whole story and sometimes tells you nothing. Its just a number.

Club is looking shredded.  Definitely got me ready to go HAM to shed the excess bodyfat once I start to cut down after this "bulk."

Rest day is proving to be absolute torture.  Smh.
Damn I'm 6' 2" and I'm at 178. No wonder I look so frail. The only problem is I have baby fat around my body so it's hard bulking even though I look "skinny" to people with clothes on.

I'm def trying to bulk tho, I'm eAting healthy still but I'm eating a lot of healthy foods. I've Also increased the protein shakes I take
In a day.

It's hard to bulk for me because
When I've tried to bulk I end up looking pudgy and not very muscular...EVEN THo I'm lifting heavy And consistently. So it's scary trying to bulk again. I'm not eating "everything" like some people told me to do a year ago because I bulked up into a chubby physique. So I cut 20 pounds again and I'm restarting my bulk again. I'm paranoid tho,
I'm GREAT at cutting and disciplining myself with food and diet. But I can't bulk the correct way to save my life.

Any tips club? I obviously need to
Get up to 190 to have a chance of looking muscular, you just made me feel stupid for cutting all the way down to 175.

Any tips from anyone would be appreciated. I only started 2 weeks ago so it's not too late for me to readjust my plans.
What would you estimate your bodyfat at?  Try incorporating some rest-pause into your routine.

One of my boys from the gym has been seeing great results with Jim Stoppani's shortcut to size program.
Seriously guys... Buy split chicken breasts WITH the bone and just peel the skin after cooking.

So much more juicy and usually cheaper

Bake at like 275 for 45-50 mins and thank me later
That's another thing I do.  Usually when I do regular chicken breasts, I'll either grill them or I'll give them a quick sear in a tsp of olive oil and toss 'em in the oven.

Anything bone in usually leads to juicier...well you know.  I'd have to PAUSE if I finished that one.
laugh.gif

Good **** man!
scale doesnt mean much to me (weight loss wise)

if you look and feel different then your doing good. Scale fluctuates and doesnt tell the whole story and sometimes tells you nothing. Its just a number.
Truth.  Initial weight loss more often than not is water weight.  Look for the changes in your face, that usually tells the story more than anything.  I know whenever I lean out for the spring, other than the way my clothes fit, my face tells the story.
How often do you check the scale to see if you lost some pounds? every week? or every 2 weeks? a month?
I dont have a set schedule. I usually just do it when I feel that my body has made some changes to see if I'm right
laugh.gif
Try once a week at the beginning of the week, early morn (after relieving yourself as Kevin suggested, lol).

Last edited:
this might be totally off base, cause the majority here goes to the gym.. but has anyone ever tried the Nike trainer for xbox kinect? if so, good or bad reviews.. would love to hear it...

Why do people carry around 1 gallon jugs of water?

Why can't they carry around a water bottle and fill it up when it is empty?

That seems lame to me and is my #1 gym pet peeve

/end rant

Does the jug get in your way? If not I don't see the problem. Let them carry their water however they want.

this might be totally off base, cause the majority here goes to the gym.. but has anyone ever tried the Nike trainer for xbox kinect? if so, good or bad reviews.. would love to hear it...

I haven't tried it but I'd love to get an Xbox just to play/train on it. I bought Nike Sportsband and its pretty cool.

Electric green Air Maxes came in on Monday. :pimp:

I did bis tris yesterday. Supposed to do core today. Am I crazy if I do chest today?

iLLest!
Listen to your body, an extra day of rest is far better than a rushed day of working out.

My body feels good nowadays, I do a 3 day rest per body group and I feel great. Tomorrow is chest/shoulders and I just did it on Sunday.

Guys that congregate around the workout area annoy me, like they all get off work or school at the same time and just hang out on the benches until their friends arrive. 

THEN after they arrive they're all working out together feeling each other muscles starring at themselves, horse-playing.

THEN they break the number one rule, YOU DO NOT stand in front of another man's mirror proxemics, 

NOR do you stand at the foot of his bench, that's ultimate guy code violation.

I can't stand these dudes, THEN on the other side of the gym with the free weights you have the over animated old school black guys (a New York thing 
mean.gif
)

I alternate gyms, but I like this particular one because they have better equipment and more quality yambs to keep me motivated.

rant\

Signed up to Blink Fitness, looked pretty busy around 9pm. Not looking forward to see how crowded it will be tomorrow morning :smh:.

Does Blink fitness have heavy weights? Power racks, bench and all that? Just asking cause my friend used to go to Blink and always complained about it but never said why.

Does Blink fitness have heavy weights? Power racks, bench and all that? Just asking cause my friend used to go to Blink and always complained about it but never said why.

Blink is simply an updated Planet fitness, don't expect to lift something crazy there.

You want to lift, go to the next mall into powerhouse bro.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom