STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

What are your thoughts on ZMA?
helped me to sleep better (stay asleep through the night) but i got some vivid dreams on it. not really scary but had me feeling like
Haha, yeah everyone I talk to says that. Dreams have you feelin all bugged out. I tried it years ago, but anything in pill form was always a complete pain so I stopped lol. Now I'm not so stubborn.

When I get out of the gym, I feel like I can eat a whole thanksgiving turkey lol. Probably the one time of the day that I feel I can tackle that meal Freeze posted yesterday, lol. I need to start taking pics of my food. Keep me on schedule and help motivate the way that the meals I see in here motivate me.

Love this damn thread, the shoe portion of the site may have lost me permanently, lol. Or at least 90 percent of me lol

Last edited:
Aweeee ****! Loving everyone's post! Motivation! We in this together. :pimp:

Last semester when I wasn't working out. I had the MOST trouble making it to my 1PM class. Yes I said ONE PM! I was waking up lazy and groggy every morning. Now with decent exercise and diet I'm waking up at 8 for my 10 clock class and with energy. :]

Also, freeze! Forgot to tell you. I don't know if they were tryna gas me up (bigger people do it to smaller dudes to feel better about themselves) but yesterday 2 of the homies at the gym told me I was looking lean and big. (When i was wearing a sweater) and the catch is I weight in at 189 at night! Wtfuaaaaaaaaark! Ima cop a scale and do this morning weighs like you said.

I also was grimey as fuaaaark last night and tried to go beast mode like you said without caring. hahaha.

Haircut + Tan today. Don't judge!!!! :tongue: :pimp:

iLLest!

I told you you're big and pretty lean dude! You know its real when you can wear a long sleeve shirt and they still mirin'. Haha shaves and shapeups always make things better. I feel like a new man when I get cleaned up lol.

helped me to sleep better (stay asleep through the night) but i got some vivid dreams on it. not really scary but had me feeling like
Haha, yeah everyone I talk to says that. Dreams have you feelin all bugged out. I tried it years ago, but anything in pill form was always a complete pain so I stopped lol. Now I'm not so stubborn.

When I get out of the gym, I feel like I can eat a whole thanksgiving turkey lol. Probably the one time of the day that I feel I can tackle that meal Freeze posted yesterday, lol. I need to start taking pics of my food. Keep me on schedule and help motivate the way that the meals I see in here motivate me.

Love this damn thread, the shoe portion of the site may have lost me permanently, lol. Or at least 90 percent of me lol

Haha yea man, when I get out of there, I'm like a wild animal. Starving, Aggressive, Testosterone levels peaking....All food and women are in trouble! Well, pretty women. We gotz stardards haha.

And yea definitely, I always get excited when I see this thread highlighted from new posts. It's easily in my top 5 favorite threads on here and one that I'm most active in.

Yesterday was chest day..........

ZMA? There isnt much backing the science of it. Id put it under the "mental" aspect of supplements. (Same with a lot of preworkouts)

Getting back to your workout, you should really reduce the number of warm up reps you do. I think youll find better gains by limiting the amount of warmups you do. Im assuming you did 2 sets of 10 reps at 135, then 2 sets of 10 at 225. Thats 40 times your muscles contracted under compressive force without ever being "overloaded". To me, thats wasted energy.

One of the purposes of a warm up is to prepare the neuromuscular system for whats about to take place. That only takes a few reps. Youre warming up so the brain can coordinate with the muscles in an efficiently. As an example, if I wanted to do 3 sets of 10 reps (sets of 10 at 225 lbs) and I was warming up Id do some reps with just the bar. Then id go to 135 and do a set of 3-4. Depending on how I feel I may do another set of 4 reps. Then a set of 3-4 at 185 lbs. After ive gone through a short, progressive warm up, ive already "practiced" the movement under various loads, have my nervous system prepared and my muscular system should have adequate blood and oxygen flow through it. Personally, I also do 1 rep of whatever weight im going to be doing my sets at just to get a "sense" of the weight and how it feels that day.

Last edited:
freeze how much you weigh? and what you think i should shoot for? 185? btw ya'll. matt ogus on youtube is a ******g natural BEAST.
i could never live that lifestyle though... was watching mad vids yesterday. goes on a 6 day trip and packs over 35 meals in seal bags. has computer documents that state ALL his meals and ALL nutritional value. counts, every single thing that goes into his body to the damn < gram i just can't do that. moderate/happy lifestyle over something THAT serious if you're not competing.
what baffles my mind though is, dudes these days count every macro, micro yada yada yada and are crazy about nutrition, but in the golden ages, people had no MONEY or KNOWLEDGE on nutrition and were still shredded as fuaaaark. word to my probably misconception about spartacus. but also people incarcerated. they can't be counting what they eat and still leave the pin looking noiiice.
iLLest!
I saw those vids too, he is impressive since he didn't get visited by the gene fairy when he was born but..............

Jones>>>>>Ogus 

I also baked 5 chicken breasts last night to make the rest of the week easier when I get home from gym or work. I recommend my fellow NT'ers do the same, makes time
Management easier :smile:

What I did (in case anyone wants to know) is I took a rectangular baking pan. Put some foil on top. I put a little olive oil on each side of the chicken breasts.

Tiny bit of salt and some pepper on both sides. Then add other spices you like. I used chili powder, fiesta seasoning, and a nice squeeze of lime on them to get that fresh citrusy flavor :pimp:

The chicken isn't *** grilled and crispy when you bake it, so the texture isn't as enjoyable. However it saves time, saves you from washing too many dishes (pots or pans), is healthy and you don't have to be standing over a stove for 20 minutes while it cooks.

Bake them for around 20-22 minutes at 350 degrees, let them cool for a bit, then stash them in a container and enjoy healthy chicken for a few days without a hassle. :smile:

#TeamFit :pimp:

whaaaaaaaaaaat.
btw they beefin right now.
roll.gif
that youtube money is coming into play as they reach more success and ***** hitting the fan.
jones called ogus out for stealin video titles and ****. reminded me of when i was heated when every middle eastern known to mankind started dressin up as their mom and dad and doing what i do.
mean.gif

i never talked about it though because it woulda caused **** but ironically the people who copied me and started after me called ME out on copying them. ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh the blood flow and rage.
but i personally like ogus > jones. i guess we'll see when they compete?
iLLest!
Yeah I saw those vids, I subscribed to POG on youtube but Jones took that **** too serious. It's just the internet, he just wants homie to give him credit.

How long until they compete? I just think Jones will look the best when he is contest ready no homo

freeze how much you weigh? and what you think i should shoot for? 185? btw ya'll. matt ogus on youtube is a ******g natural BEAST.

i could never live that lifestyle though... was watching mad vids yesterday. goes on a 6 day trip and packs over 35 meals in seal bags. has computer documents that state ALL his meals and ALL nutritional value. counts, every single thing that goes into his body to the damn

The gym wasn't a New Year's Resolution for me, but got back in the gym this Monday. Been two days and my chest and legs are already sore :smile: Took a break since November and did light cardio (avoid ruining the love handles :tongue:) and tried gaining some weight before shredding again.

Can't wait until after work, it will be back/shoulders/abs.

Aweeee ****! Loving everyone's post! Motivation! We in this together.
pimp.gif

Last semester when I wasn't working out. I had the MOST trouble making it to my 1PM class. Yes I said ONE PM! I was waking up lazy and groggy every morning. Now with decent exercise and diet I'm waking up at 8 for my 10 clock class and with energy. :]

Also, freeze! Forgot to tell you. I don't know if they were tryna gas me up (bigger people do it to smaller dudes to feel better about themselves) but yesterday 2 of the homies at the gym told me I was looking lean and big. (When i was wearing a sweater) and the catch is I weight in at 189 at night! Wtfuaaaaaaaaark! Ima cop a scale and do this morning weighs like you said.

I also was grimey as fuaaaark last night and tried to go beast mode like you said without caring. hahaha.

Haircut + Tan today. Don't judge!!!!
tongue.gif
pimp.gif

iLLest!

I told you you're big and pretty lean dude! You know its real when you can wear a long sleeve shirt and they still mirin'. Haha shaves and shapeups always make things better. I feel like a new man when I get cleaned up lol.

Haha yea man, when I get out of there, I'm like a wild animal. Starving, Aggressive, Testosterone levels peaking....All food and women are in trouble! Well, pretty women. We gotz stardards haha.

And yea definitely, I always get excited when I see this thread highlighted from new posts. It's easily in my top 5 favorite threads on here and one that I'm most active in.
haha, seriously.  Feels like I'm a caged beast who just broke out and I'm ready to savage everything!  Which makes it even more critical to have food prepared as I don't want to slack on my eating, especially at night.
Yesterday was chest day..........

ZMA? There isnt much backing the science of it. Id put it under the "mental" aspect of supplements. (Same with a lot of preworkouts)

Getting back to your workout, you should really reduce the number of warm up reps you do. I think youll find better gains by limiting the amount of warmups you do. Im assuming you did 2 sets of 10 reps at 135, then 2 sets of 10 at 225. Thats 40 times your muscles contracted under compressive force without ever being "overloaded". To me, thats wasted energy.

One of the purposes of a warm up is to prepare the neuromuscular system for whats about to take place. That only takes a few reps. Youre warming up so the brain can coordinate with the muscles in an efficiently. As an example, if I wanted to do 3 sets of 10 reps (sets of 10 at 225 lbs) and I was warming up Id do some reps with just the bar. Then id go to 135 and do a set of 3-4. Depending on how I feel I may do another set of 4 reps. Then a set of 3-4 at 185 lbs. After ive gone through a short, progressive warm up, ive already "practiced" the movement under various loads, have my nervous system prepared and my muscular system should have adequate blood and oxygen flow through it. Personally, I also do 1 rep of whatever weight im going to be doing my sets at just to get a "sense" of the weight and how it feels that day.
Sounds just as I suspected, I'm definitely overtraining.  Seems like I apply this to all of my main compound lifts as well, which definitely explains why I've been feeling burned out.  I get stubborn as hell sometimes, but I definitely need to make the adjustment.  Starting to hit that wall, so something needs to change.

i could never live that lifestyle though... was watching mad vids yesterday. goes on a 6 day trip and packs over 35 meals in seal bags. has computer documents that state ALL his meals and ALL nutritional value. counts, every single thing that goes into his body to the damn < gram i just can't do that. moderate/happy lifestyle over something THAT serious if you're not competing.

what baffles my mind though is, dudes these days count every macro, micro yada yada yada and are crazy about nutrition, but in the golden ages, people had no MONEY or KNOWLEDGE on nutrition and were still shredded as fuaaaark. word to my probably misconception about spartacus. but also people incarcerated. they can't be counting what they eat and still leave the pin looking noiiice.

iLLest!
Big reason why I try my best not to get too wrapped up in supplements or other magic ways of getting fit as well as not counting every calorie.  For some, it helps them to stay on schedule.  I just estimate and go off of what my body calls for.  I love this lifestyle, but I don't want it to make me psychotic like it's made some people I know, lol.  As long as we're eating clean, training hard, and getting enough rest (something I need to work on BIG time), we'll reach our goals.  Of course genetics definitely help/hinder some, but it's all about finding that formula that works for your specific needs.

Different ballgame for those who do it for competition purposes though.  The discipline that they have is just insane.
I also baked 5 chicken breasts last night to make the rest of the week easier when I get home from gym or work. I recommend my fellow NT'ers do the same, makes time
Management easier
smile.gif

What I did (in case anyone wants to know) is I took a rectangular baking pan. Put some foil on top. I put a little olive oil on each side of the chicken breasts.

Tiny bit of salt and some pepper on both sides. Then add other spices you like. I used chili powder, fiesta seasoning, and a nice squeeze of lime on them to get that fresh citrusy flavor
pimp.gif

The chicken isn't *** grilled and crispy when you bake it, so the texture isn't as enjoyable. However it saves time, saves you from washing too many dishes (pots or pans), is healthy and you don't have to be standing over a stove for 20 minutes while it cooks.

Bake them for around 20-22 minutes at 350 degrees, let them cool for a bit, then stash them in a container and enjoy healthy chicken for a few days without a hassle.
smile.gif

#TeamFit
pimp.gif
smokin.gif

I ususally do the same on Sundays when I'm looking to keep it simple.  Will likely do that tonight with a pack of chicken breasts I defrosted.

pics by request (5'10" 190lbs)

pics by request (5'10" 190lbs)

LL

LL

LL

LL

looking good bro. no bromo. lolll it's funny, but I always just accepted the fact that you were Anderson Silva...imagine my surprise! hahahahaha

Last edited:
Damn I'm 6' 2" and I'm at 178. No wonder I look so frail. The only problem is I have baby fat around my body so it's hard bulking even though I look "skinny" to people with clothes on.

I'm def trying to bulk tho, I'm eAting healthy still but I'm eating a lot of healthy foods. I've Also increased the protein shakes I take
In a day.

It's hard to bulk for me because
When I've tried to bulk I end up looking pudgy and not very muscular...EVEN THo I'm lifting heavy And consistently. So it's scary trying to bulk again. I'm not eating "everything" like some people told me to do a year ago because I bulked up into a chubby physique. So I cut 20 pounds again and I'm restarting my bulk again. I'm paranoid tho,
I'm GREAT at cutting and disciplining myself with food and diet. But I can't bulk the correct way to save my life.

Any tips club? I obviously need to
Get up to 190 to have a chance of looking muscular, you just made me feel stupid for cutting all the way down to 175.

Any tips from anyone would be appreciated. I only started 2 weeks ago so it's not too late for me to readjust my plans.

Last edited:
Damb club... How the hell am I weighing less but look like a fatass compared to you? 24years as a fat guy I suppose :lol:

Good **** brah

Seriously guys... Buy split chicken breasts WITH the bone and just peel the skin after cooking.

So much more juicy and usually cheaper

Bake at like 275 for 45-50 mins and thank me later

Back
Top Bottom