STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

I haven't tried it but I'd love to get an Xbox just to play/train on it. I bought Nike Sportsband and its pretty cool.

Electric green Air Maxes came in on Monday. :pimp:

exercise games, are probably the only reason for me to get an xbox.. the nike+ trainer and the UFC trainer.. and my wife probably will play zumba as well.. anyone had good or bad experiences with these games?

Does Blink fitness have heavy weights? Power racks, bench and all that? Just asking cause my friend used to go to Blink and always complained about it but never said why.

Not sure brah, I just went in to sign up and basically left. I did see some dumbells and my neighbor said they have smith machines (IDK). I'll check it out tomorrow. Sort off-topic = the gym has lockers where you use your own locks, would it be better if I leave it in a locker in the locker room or the main area? I don't want my ish to get stolen.

Blink is simply an updated Planet fitness, don't expect to lift something crazy there.

You want to lift, go to the next mall into powerhouse bro.

You from fleetwood steezy or yonkers? I always thought you lived in da heights? Do you know how much the membership at powerhouse, I was interested but didn't feel like paying over $20/month until I really got interested.

I did bis tris yesterday. Supposed to do core today. Am I crazy if I do chest today?

iLLest!
You may be better off hitting abs so that you can give your tris time to recover.  You indirectly hit chest when you train arms, namely tris.

You from fleetwood steezy or yonkers? I always thought you lived in da heights? Do you know how much the membership at powerhouse, I was interested but didn't feel like paying over $20/month until I really got interested.
I used to go to Powerhouse there. Its 40 a month if you have a student ID, otherwise $45. A little small but great gym. People there get a little wild yelling and everything, the regulars bring the lulz.
laugh.gif

Equipment is great, though it does get crowded at peak hours. That place changed my life though, lost 20lbs during the summer.
pimp.gif

I'm from Yonkers bruh...right off the mt Vernon west metro north.

Powerhouse from what I remember has the option of you paying 5$ EVERYTIME you go in or 300$ for 6 months...

I'm really enjoying the whole crossfit thing though, that + blink, seems about enough for me, since I'm not trying to get crazy cut, just tone up and gain strength.

I used to go to Powerhouse there. Its 40 a month if you have a student ID, otherwise $45. A little small but great gym. People there get a little wild yelling and everything, the regulars bring the lulz. :lol:

Equipment is great, though it does get crowded at peak hours. That place changed my life though, lost 20lbs during the summer. :pimp:

Not bad, I got a student ID with no date, so I'll be using that if I decide to switch over. What gym are you at now swerve? :smokin, another westchester NTer.

Powerhouse from what I remember has the option of you paying 5$ EVERYTIME you go in or 300$ for 6 months...

I'm really enjoying the whole crossfit thing though, that + blink, seems about enough for me, since I'm not trying to get crazy cut, just tone up and gain strength.

You still go to Blink and do crossfit? I'll give you a shout out if I see you there.

Not bad, I got a student ID with no date, so I'll be using that if I decide to switch over. What gym are you at now swerve?
smokin.gif
, another westchester NTer.
LA Fitness Ridgehill.

And yeah I forgot, there is the $5 walk in you could do.

Validate for up to 2 hours, but you could easily take your car out and go back in.
laugh.gif

Only thing I dont like is that they really treat you as business. Powerhouse I never got that feel. But I paid $150 initiation and 40 a month. Sometimes they have promos and whatnot, first week and I think sometime in December there was $1 initiation but like $45/month.

Whatever you do, NEGOTIATE. I should have negotiated more and more but I didnt and settled. They can give you a lot more than you think. If not, walk out and sign again later, I guarantee they are going to bombard you with phone calls if you walk out.

EDIT

I paid $150 initiation and my first and last month fee (so $80). This is cause theres no contract.

Last edited:
DONT FOCUS TOO MUCH ON SUPPLEMENTS.

FOCUS ON YOUR NUTRITION

REMAIN FAITHFUL TO THAT AND YOUR TRAINING AND YOU WILL BE SET.

DONT LET SUPPS BECOME A CRUTCH
Man don't get me started.......:lol:

INSERT BEN STILLER DO IT GIF

LOL

Why do people carry around 1 gallon jugs of water?

Why can't they carry around a water bottle and fill it up when it is empty?

That seems lame to me and is my #1 gym pet peeve

/end rant

FOR ME I LIKE HAVING A FULL GALLON BC ITS A GOOD MEASURE THROUGHOUT THE DAY IT GOES WITH ME TO THE GYM, TO UNIVERSITY, AND TO WORK

planning on starting insanity... i might need to head to body building forum though.... im diabetic so i dont 100% know if getting real cut might interfere with stuff.

(shots / injections / infusio set sites are usually in the areas with fat)

Just had some chicken with some spices for that extra kick, broccoli and some brown rice for dinner :smokin :smokin :smokin Legs and Back tomorrow!

Westchester NTers.
smokin.gif

Originally from Mount Vernon.

Live in CT now, though.  Don't ask how that happened.
laugh.gif

IM SO PISSED I DIDNT JUMP ON THAT 30% STUNTMAN POSTED.

LOL I HAD EVERYTHING READY TO GO BUT DECIDED TO TAKE A WALK AT WORK FIRST.

Good job Matt! I've always wanted to follow a legit cfb program workout program like Alabama or Florida. No romo but those players be aesthetic as hell

My #1 gym pet peeve is groups of friends working out but all they do is huddle around one station and take forever getting done. Staring at girls knowing damn well the girls not lookin back haha

How do you guys stay motivated man? I seriously need to lose 15 pounds but just can't stay consistent at the gym. :smh: I need to get my act together. :smh: :smh:

How do you guys stay motivated man? I seriously need to lose 15 pounds but just can't stay consistent at the gym.
mean.gif
I need to get my act together.
mean.gif
mean.gif
Set small goals. Try to lose 5lbs, once you succeed you'll have momentum and will be hyped. The next 5lbs will be a piece of cake (mentally). By the time you know it, 15lbs is gone.

all these gym prices talk remind of this guy i know from highschool humble bragging about his discount from his job for 24 hour fitness for all gym pass at like $11/month. This guy posted a status on facebook complaining how he had to pay an extra 30 cents a month starting this year :lol:

I paid about 500 for 2 years last august. It was a special of the week type of deal for current members at the time.

Last edited:
How do you guys stay motivated man? I seriously need to lose 15 pounds but just can't stay consistent at the gym. :smh: I need to get my act together. :smh: :smh:
Before and after pictures. I try to take a picture every week to see progress and once it shows, it motivates you to keep going. It's a nice feeling.

Back
Top Bottom