STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

i get about 6 hours of sleep a night as well. Its just something i have come to live with. I really can't say if i was getting better sleep then i would be getting better gainz because all i know is 5-6 hours a night

i get about 6 hours of sleep a night as well. Its just something i have come to live with. I really can't say if i was getting better sleep then i would be getting better gainz because all i know is 5-6 hours a night

this..
I don't think my 6 pack would be more ripped or my shoulders would be bulging if i got 2 more hours of sleep a night.

but then again what do I know I get 8 hours of sleep twice a year only. may have to get ambien so I can run faster, jump higher and lift heavier

again Science me Bro. because according to you I can eat what I want stay in my macross and still be in my tip top form.

if everyone is different and things are different for everyone. and this Science chagnes it seems monthly in this world. why is it not ok to tell him my personal experience about 8 hours not mattering to me???
Just because you're "fine" getting 5 hours of sleep doesn't mean you wouldn't be better off getting 8. 

Your personal experiences are relative to yourself and do not validate what is optimal because you can't test yourself getting 5 hours and 8 hours of sleep at the same time 
laugh.gif

It really isn't a difficult concept to understand, but you keep dismissing it. Just because something works doesn't mean it is the best thing 
laugh.gif

No expert would ever suggest getting 5 hours is optimal. 

I never told the dude to not get sleep... hell i told him get melatonin..
I said if he's not functional then he needs to find ways to sleep.

lol yall acting like I told dude don't sleep at all.
:smh:

not everyone has the luxury of being able to sleep 8 hours + daily.
like I said, show me the science bro... show me that i'd preform like Odell beckham with 8 hours more than 6.
Don't bring up science and not have it readily available to prove your point...And act like my 5-6 hours is the worst thing.

I gave my personal account of my sleep habits, never said anything as absolute truth or fact..
miss me with that.

Last edited:
If I dont get 8 a night I feel all types of tired. :lol:

7 minimal fo a good rest, 5-6 gets me through the day but I coudnt imagine doing that every night.

jking0821 jking0821 I was in B-More this weekend, and you're right about the gyms....not a good selection. Briefly saw one in Fed Hill (across the street from some market) and another one off the highway (Merritt Athletic Club, or something). Yikes....

jking0821 jking0821 I was in B-More this weekend, and you're right about the gyms....not a good selection. Briefly saw one in Fed Hill (across the street from some market) and another one off the highway (Merritt Athletic Club, or something). Yikes....

Yeah man there are like 3 merrits. The gyms in Fed hill are few and far between. There are about as many Crossfit boxes in the city as gyms :smh:

Jack3d is a Macro in my diet.
Might want to rethink anything from USPLabs. Those dudes are known to cut their supps with illegal ingredients. Vitaminshoppe and BB.com dropped all their products due to the Feds coming down on USPLabs recently.

haven't cycled off a pre-workout in years. if it continues to elicit the desired effect at, or less than, the maximum recommended dose, i'll continue to use one.

I never told the dude to not get sleep... hell i told him get melatonin..
I said if he's not functional then he needs to find ways to sleep.

lol yall acting like I told dude don't sleep at all.
:smh:

not everyone has the luxury of being able to sleep 8 hours + daily.
like I said, show me the science bro... show me that i'd preform like Odell beckham with 8 hours more than 6.
Don't bring up science and not have it readily available to prove your point...And act like my 5-6 hours is the worst thing.

I gave my personal account of my sleep habits, never said anything as absolute truth or fact..
miss me with that.

Youre becoming the next lucky lol

Just wondering if the gym is busy thanksgiving morning? and how about the following day?

Trying to go early so i can watch football at 930 :smh:

Last edited:
I'll be in my gym on thanksgiving day befor I fry my turkey. I don't care if it's empty or full I'm still going.

Sleep when youre dead. I may sleep more than 6 hours once every 6 months. And that is only from either being up for more than 24 hours straight or going on a drunken bender (which i havent sone in about 4 years.)
Sleep is def good for recovery. But ultimately doesnt have much to do with your body composition

As long as you are functional and feel rested your fine with 5/6
That sounds like something every rapper has said in a song
laugh.gif

I've never heard of anyone saying 5-6 is good, only 8 and up.

Rest>>>diet>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>what you actually do in the gym.

I know I'm a fat powerlifter to many, but just because you have shredded abs doesn't mean you're healthy, especially if your are on 1800 calories a day and sleeping 5 hours and running off pre workouts.

We still cool doe dog, but you really starting to sound like the ultimate gym bro meathead.

Last edited:
Still don't see how the 6-8 hour difference in hours makes or break you. I sleep what every I get, If it's 6 so be it if it's 8 must of had a long day.

I sleep 8 almost every night and wake up feeling refreshed almost every day.

Its just common knowledge that rest is important to get them gainz. I need it even more considering the stress I put on my CNS.

2 hours a day is more than 700 hours in a year. Of course it'll make a difference.

No ones saying it's going to BREAK you :lol:

It just seems like concentional wisdom that more sore = better results just off the basis that pure going to feel better with more rest so without that added fatigue you'll have more energy and less stress leading to better workouts and decision making.

I've seen too many people flourish on less than 8 hours of sleep in the gym to think 8 is the absolute necessary minimum.

The body can adjust. It's just a matter of how long.

If you're someone who's used to getting 8 and you get 7 the of course your body is going to crash. If you used to getting 7 and then one night you get 6, the same. But over time the body will adjust.

I will say everyone has limits. Maybe one person needs 5 at least and there's no way he can go below that. Another person might be able to function on 4. Everyone is different.

Maybe there are people who really can't go below 8.

I hope you guys understand that there are people who raise families, hold multiple jobs or work and go to school at the same time while holding down some other responsibility - and still find the time to go to the gym and flourish. They ain't getting no 8 hrs of sleep :lol:

Bottom line. People gotta stop just parroting the 8 hour myth. What's more important than getting 8 hours is getting what's the absolute minimum FOR YOU. That number is different for everybody and not necessarily 8.

Last edited:
I work 120 hours a week in the summer and I got a kid. I get 4-5 hours every day. Yeah I can function fine. I have to, that's life. But it sure isn't doing me any favors.

I still made hella gainz but probably because I eat my weight in food a day when I'm working that hard. I don't sit from sun up to sundown so I have to.

Last edited:
Youre becoming the next lucky lol

stop it.

again let me see these trials/stats/science

I never said more sleep wasn't good, just said I personally do fine without it, and seems others do as well.
You guys are taking my sleep when im dead comment way to literal.

I hope you guys understand that there are people who raise families, hold multiple jobs or work and go to school at the same time while holding down some responsibility - and still find the time to go to the gym and flourish. They ain't getting no 8 hrs of sleep

^This

I don't see where yall find the time. weekends are my only days of rest and I still got things I should/could be doing where that extra 2-3 hours of sleep will hinder me.

Last edited:
It just seems like concentional wisdom that more sore = better results just off the basis that pure going to feel better with more rest so without that added fatigue you'll have more energy and less stress leading to better workouts and decision making.
more sore doesn't mean better results... soreness is not a measure of "gains" :lol:

Back
Top Bottom