STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

For the most part my body wakes me up at 7:13 everyday no matter what time I go to sleep. I feel fine when I wake up and just roll with whatever sleep I loss.

Like I said before I would rather game, drink, chill, and read than worrying about getting 8 hours of sleep. It's nice if it happens just not mandatory

I backed you up against the majority and you wanna put the attention on crossfitters again

I'm watching you
im sorry bro

stop it.

again let me see these trials/stats/science

I never said more sleep wasn't good, just said I personally do fine without it, and seems others do as well.
You guys are taking my sleep when im dead comment way to literal.
^This

I don't see where yall find the time. weekends are my only days of rest and I still got things I should/could be doing where that extra 2-3 hours of sleep will hinder me.

from what ive seen all the advise you been given has been backed by " it works for me and im in the best shape of my life".... so it most work for everyone.... stop it.

A simple search will show you the importance of sleep to not just gains but overall health. People in this thread put way to much emphasis on gains and completely disregard health and overall wellness

I wanna see someone run an experiment where one day they eat like 2500 calories just mostly carbs, then just mostly fats then just mostly protein and just see how the day/workout goes. pics included.

Would be one of the greatest bodybuilding.com threads..

btw anyone remember miscimus?

from what ive seen all the advise you been given has been backed by " it works for me and im in the best shape of my life".... so it most work for everyone.... stop it.

A simple search will show you the importance of sleep to not just gains but overall health. People in this thread put way to much emphasis on gains and completely disregard health and overall wellness

Is this from your lurking??
Please show me at the very least 2 times ive done this...

Dont worry ill wait

Question for the bros that have a slingshot. I got the original one and the elastic part with the logo keeps flipping over itself. Is this normal or should the logo be visible the whole time? I've tried "spreading" the bar, didn't seem to help so much. Any advice would be much appreciated.

I work 120 hours a week in the summer and I got a kid. I get 4-5 hours every day. Yeah I can function fine. I have to, that's life. But it sure isn't doing me any favors.

I still made hella gainz but probably because I eat my weight in food a day when I'm working that hard. I don't sit from sun up to sundown so I have to.
Damn bro you work hard AF. 120 hrs a week is over 17 a day if u work 7 days a week. Or 24 hrs a day for 5 days lol. That is crazy bro

Yeah 17 per day is about right like 6-7 days a week.

you get used to it. I'm hiring two full time guys next year too. Will be more chill for me and my boy.

I've also been sitting on my *** since October so that's nice.

But yeah I work hard af, I want to be done working by 45.

Last edited:
Dont wait just look over at what you post.

Naw, dont call me out for consistently giving bad advice only based on my personal experience. And not have the evidence to back up that claim.

If you want to join in the fray of pouncing on an NT member. At least be in here responding regularly to these debates we have to call me out o this alleged BS advice i give.

Id be willing to bet most people that say rest isn't important or they don't need but 4 or 5 hours, haven't been lifting consistently for very long or made significant strength or size gains. This won't apply to everyone obviously but id say it will to the majority. 

you get used to it. I'm hiring two full time guys next year too. Will be more chill for me and my boy.

Uber type driver?

Id be willing to bet most people that say rest isn't important or they don't need but 4 or 5 hours, haven't been lifting consistently for very long or made significant strength or size gains. This won't apply to everyone obviously but id say it will to the majority. 

with that said though, I think majority of people don't have a problem with getting sleep/rest at all either.

I think it's a hard thing to measure, I mean there have been studies and trials shown when someone is getting like 2 hours or no sleep every night and those effects.

Last edited:
Not to mention the other negative effects on health that insufficient sleep can cause.

Yea insufficient sleep is detrimental. But if you guys read what is being written, no one is arguing against that. Don't know why people are stuck on 8 hrs being the bare minimum.

Everyone has a different number and it's not necessarily 8. Just because it's YOUR number it's not necessarily everyone's.

Uber type driver?

Nah, me and my boy opened our food truck this year. So we do that 7-4 or so. Hop on the interstate and floor it for an hour to his farm and I help him with that too until it's dark then we go back and prep cook for the next day.

I got cooks on deck now waiting for next year. We can't do that again because we are going to be twice as busy this spring.

Last edited:
Thanks guys. Yeah I get a little frustrated when people tell me "I don't have time" :lol: but other than that it's all good. I actually have way more energy when I'm on my grind. Takes energy to make energy I guess. I don't feel awesome but I get a lot more done.

For those of you who enjoy pain. Hit a stair master warm up for 10 minutes @ lvl 7 after deadlift day. I dare you... :lol:

Last edited:
Thanks guys. Yeah I get a little frustrated when people tell me "I don't have time" :lol: but other than that it's all good. I actually have way more energy when I'm on my grind. Takes energy to make energy I guess. I don't feel awesome but I get a lot more done.

For those of you who enjoy pain. Hit a stair master warm up for 10 minutes @ lvl 7 after deadlift day. I dare you... :lol:
how much did yall throw down for that truck? Always wanted one in pdx the scene here is crazy.

Back
Top Bottom