STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

Hey guys.. I lurk here often & I had a question that I haven't seen an answer to yet.

So I recently decided that I was gonna seriously drink a gallon of water a day because I've always heard that is what you're supposed to do. But I just had somebody tell me that they read somewhere that drinking a gallon everyday isn't that great for you because of something dealing with electrolytes.

So my question is.. how much water should I be consuming daily?

*EDIT*

Also, could anyone reccomend me a really good pair of running shoes around $100?

Last edited:
*EDIT*
Also, could anyone reccomend me a really good pair of running shoes around $100?

I use the lunarglides 4, pretty comfortable and around $70 @ finishline :smokin. You can try the frees but if you really want a good pair check out a running specific store, they can measure your gait, arch, etc but be prepared to pay @ least $120ish.

Hey guys.. I lurk here often & I had a question that I haven't seen an answer to yet.

So I recently decided that I was gonna seriously drink a gallon of water a day because I've always heard that is what you're supposed to do. But I just had somebody tell me that they read somewhere that drinking a gallon everyday isn't that great for you because of something dealing with electrolytes.

*EDIT*

What type of running are you planning on doing?  Basic around the track/treadmill stuff or something more?

Page 192. Inspiring.
pimp.gif

Miring the **** out of y'all legs! No romo!

Mannn. On EVERYTHING I work out my legs, and HARD.. But as stated in a previous post, I'm EMBERRASSED of my calves! So bad! To the point I don't want to wear shorts anymore. They see no gainnnnnns! It offsets my look soooo heavily. Grrrrr.

Woke up and still feelin my rotator cuff from last night. Pretty pissed.

And swerve, I drink more than a gallon a day. It's all good to me.

iLLest!
Thanks JCM

And illest my calves were my weakest point also..u gotta think we put alot of stress on our calves constantly by walkin everyday so to build that muscle u have to go extremely heavy on the weight..i do calves twice a week

Originally Posted by Swerve  

*EDIT*

I use Free Run 3's and they do me well. I have put probably 75+ miles on em and my feet feel good while running, almost never hurt after. Then again everyones feet are different. People use Asics, and swear by them. Im sure they are VERY good shoes but pricey. I woudnt invest in a pair of expensive running shoes until you are really in a habit of running. Free Run 3's should do you well.

Chest and shoulders day.
pimp.gif
I like this routine im doing, went from 4 days of rest to 3 days and im already seeing results. Finally got a tub of ON whey (french vanilla creme which taste pretty damn good, but the cappuccino flavor still is the best). And GNC megamen. Not usually my first choice in vitamins but they are all the same for the most part.

And illest, no romo but thats a good look. You look like one of those guys that people can tell work out, you arent insanely huge, which im sure isnt your goal anyway. Your chest and abs could use a little work but if I were you id be extremely happy already.

Last edited:
I use the lunarglides 4, pretty comfortable and around $70 @ finishline
smokin.gif
. You can try the frees but if you really want a good pair check out a running specific store, they can measure your gait, arch, etc but be prepared to pay @ least $120ish.
The lunarglides 4 & the Free Run+ 3 are the two that I had the top of my list. Good to know they're not bad options. And I actually do have a Nike Running store not far from me, so I'll definitely check them out.
What type of running are you planning on doing?  Basic around the track/treadmill stuff or something more?
Yea just the basic track/treadmill/neighborhood runs.

Anyone hit the gym multiple times a day?

I'm about to start going in the mornings and in the evenings after class.

I forgot who said it, but the line "I aspire to be aesthetic" is pretty much my current mindset.

I use Free Run 3's and they do me well. I have put probably 75+ miles on em and my feet feel good while running, almost never hurt after. Then again everyones feet are different. People use Asics, and swear by them. Im sure they are VERY good shoes but pricey. I woudnt invest in a pair of expensive running shoes until you are really in a habit of running. Free Run 3's should do you well.
Ok cool. I just checked Eastbay & they actually have some good deals on them right now. In your opinion, are they true to size?

True to size, but I always get my running/basketball kicks .5 bigger just cause the bone on the top of my foot kinda bulges. You should be fine with your TTS if your feet are normal.
laugh.gif
If you go .5 size bigger it woudnt be bad either, I use elite socks almost everytime I go to the gym so the extra cushioning really fills out the shoe for me. Check out your local Footlocker or Finishline, try em on and then go to eastbay to order if its cheaper there.

Ok cool. I just checked Eastbay & they actually have some good deals on them right now. In your opinion, are they true to size?
You need to go to a store and try different shoes on. Preferably go to a running shop where they can look at your gait and pick out a pair of shoes for you that fits correctly. Easiest way to injure yourself running is with a poor fitting pair of shoes.

iLLest got those Prince of Persia genes 
laugh.gif
, some people don't have to work as hard to tone up. Unfortunately I'm not one of them.

Mannn. On EVERYTHING I work out my legs, and HARD.. But as stated in a previous post, I'm EMBERRASSED of my calves! So bad! To the point I don't want to wear shorts anymore. They see no gainnnnnns! It offsets my look soooo heavily. Grrrrr.
Run more.

Tens of thousands of strides a week >>>>>>>>> any calf workout you'll ever do

*EDIT*

I drink 1 1/2-2 gallons if water every day.

At the gym I switch it up between my Free Run 2&3's and my Lunarglide 3&4's

no one cares about your calves except
you. feel free to wear shorts whenever

You need to go to a store and try different shoes on. Preferably go to a running shop where they can look at your gait and pick out a pair of shoes for you that fits correctly. Easiest way to injure yourself running is with a poor fitting pair of shoes.

This

In addition to what's already been suggested, Lunar Eclipses are great options if you can find them for a good price.

Calves and forearms are those nagging parts that take time.  Very difficult muscles to grow, some people are just blessed with good genetics.

Gonna hit back this evening.  Feel a lil more refreshed after taking the rest day.  Gotta get rid of this sinus headache tho.

The pics on the last few pages are great motivation, good stuff fellas.  Packed some good size onto my legs, finish out this month strong and go hard on a cut to let all of that new muscle shine through.

Anyone hit the gym multiple times a day?

I'm about to start going in the mornings and in the evenings after class.

I forgot who said it, but the line "I aspire to be aesthetic" is pretty much my current mindset.
During Spring I start doing double days. Just make sure you work one major part per session OR work one major part and cardio (but heard this can be a bad combo, correct me if I'm wrong). I tend to work out one major body part 1st session and legs 2nd session (workout legs 3x a week).

Page 192. Inspiring.
pimp.gif

iLLest!
I work out my calves on my chest days. Full focus on chest and workout my calves before I leave. When you workout your legs on one session, your quads are getting more blood flow than your calves will be. Something I read, been doing it for a whole year and saw a lot of improvements. Hopefully it helps.

Anyone know about Kre-Alkalyn? Pros/Cons?

I've only been taking protein for as long as I started working out (around 2 years). Wanted to try something new.

yea i'm hitting calves and forearms twice a week. i enjoy working them, especially once you start seeing progress. in fact those two are actually what i have on the agenda today. half hour of calves, half hour of forearms. chest still sore from yesterday, back still sore from the day before lol. love this feeling.

Page 192. Inspiring.
pimp.gif

iLLest!
I work out my calves on my chest days. Full focus on chest and workout my calves before I leave. When you workout your legs on one session, your quads are getting more blood flow than your calves will be. Something I read, been doing it for a whole year and saw a lot of improvements. Hopefully it helps.
Co-sign this.  Ever since I've started doing calves on a different day than my quads/hammies, I've noticed a big difference.  Going to add them to the end of my back workout today.

Club, I wish that was the case but people always seem to be concerned bout my calves.

"Do you even lift bro?"
"Workout your legs bro."
"Sweet upper body...too bad not the same for your legs."

Mad annoying.

iLLest!

LET THE CRITICS CRITICIZE.

ITS YOUR PATH AND YOUR GOALS.

NONE OF THEIR CONCERNS

TRAIN HARD BROTHER

Back
Top Bottom